Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

BFG has run out of bandwidth

[Post New]by Kamali on Aug 28, 13 1:41 AM
I have tried to download this game and also 'The Snow' several times and I keep getting this message:

So many games, only so much bandwidth! Our apologies for the interruption, but it looks like our servers currently have their hands full. We should be up and running again shortly.

Sincerely,
The Team at Big Fish Games

With all the cutbacks in the forums and the drop in customer service recently and now the message about the bandwidth having run out, I'm beginning to wonder how much longer BFG will continue as a going concern? The reason I'm wondering it is that I've bought an awful lot of games from BFG, and if BFG disappeared I wouldn't be able to install them on future computers.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:BFG has run out of bandwidth

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 28, 13 1:45 AM
You can download the game now. Well, I was able to click on the "Run" button about 3 minutes ago. So far 1% has downloaded, and now it seems to be taken a rest.

The title of TGT game is kind of ironic: Left in the dark: no one on board. Sounds like the way it's here lately.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 1:46 AM
Hi Kamali,

This is an unexpected error and I assure you that all hands are on deck to address this but of course, we are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

We hope to have this resolved soon and to enable us to update you, I will leave this thread open for now.

I will be sure to fill you in once I hear anything definite on this.

Thank you for bearing with us.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:02:10 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 28, 13 1:48 AM
You can now DL the game.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Aug 28, 13 1:53 AM
hi all, i had the same problem too this morning, i maybe stupidly ( i hope not ) just went ahead and bought the game without trying it oh well could have been my error, we`ll see, just hope its worth the coupon code i had to get rid of !!??

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Aug 28, 13 1:54 AM
Well, Valdy, that makes 2 days in a row for TGT not having a forum link up & running; also noticed "soft" release "Snow" had no forum open either ..... programmers gone sleepy bye for "midnight" release, perhaps???
PS: just FYI, we are currently having tea in US's tomorrow ')

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 2:01:42 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Aug 28, 13 1:58 AM
is BFG going slightly down the pan do we think really not liking how it all runs ( or doesn`t ) at the minute, hate not being in touch with anyone on the site

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Aug 28, 13 2:11 AM
I've received this message a time or two in the past couple of years. They haven't really run out of bandwidth (I don't think), it's just that a server or servers are down due to weather or a technical problem. It's just a temporary glitch and I wouldn't read more into it. I think it's a lot like the old message you'd get when watching TV back when - you'd get the test pattern screen or some such and "Sorry. We're experiencing Technical Difficulties." LOL, showing my age...

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Aug 28, 13 2:16 AM
Are the games in our purchase history safe Baikail ?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 28, 13 2:31 AM
I bought just another game and again it can't DL.

What's up, BF???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 2:31 AM
Hi folks!

All should be working again and thanks again for bearing with us.

As abitmore pointed out, this was a server issue that we have now resolved but I will leave this thread open for a bit just to be on the safe side.

And while I am here I wanted to assure you all that we are not discontinuing premium download games nor will we take away your access to previously purchased games, as always those games are yours to keep forever.

If you ever have any trouble accessing the account that stores your games or if you run into difficulty installing them, please get in touch with Customer Support and they will be happy to help ensure you have access to all you have purchased from us.

Hoping this info helps to put you at ease.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 2:36:17 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 28, 13 2:37 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi folks!

As abitmore pointed out, this was a server issue that we have now resolved but I will leave this thread open for a bit just to be on the safe side.

And while I am here I wanted to assure you all that we are not discontinuing premium download games nor will we take away your access to previously purchased games, as always those games are yours to keep forever.

If you ever have any trouble accessing the account that stores your games or if you run into difficulty installing them, please get in touch with <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Customer Support</a> and they will be happy to help ensure you have access to all you have purchased from us.

bfgBaikal
It's not working!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 2:55 AM
So you still seeing that 'bandwidth' message dobbiemijnboekje?

If so, I would suggest clearing your cache as that should help:

Clear Browser Cache

If this doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team for more specific troubleshooting.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 2:59:39 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 28, 13 3:01 AM
The game downloaded and installed, and I played the demo. Spooooookyyyyy.... Love it.

ETA: I am downloading "The Snow" as we speak. So there should definitely no longer be a problem.

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 3:10:58 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 28, 13 3:14 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:So you still seeing that 'bandwidth' message dobbiemijnboekje?

If so, I would suggest clearing your cache as that should help:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1702"> Clear Browser Cache</a>

If this doesn't help, please contact our <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Tech Support Team</a> for more specific troubleshooting.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal
After I wrote the post, it's start to DL.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 3:17 AM
Isn't that always the way dobbiemijnboekje?

Glad to see it is working now!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Aug 28, 13 5:10 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi folks!

If you ever have any trouble accessing the account that stores your games or if you run into difficulty installing them, please get in touch with <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Customer Support</a> and they will be happy to help ensure you have access to all you have purchased from us.

bfgBaikal

Hi Baikal, I still have a question about this. How can the games be available "forever" if BFG goes under? And I have to admit, all the cutbacks and changes are making me a little nervous that this might happen. I've bought a lot of games and I store them on your site. If the site is no longer being maintained or administed by BFG, how would we have access to them? I keep a maximum of 10 downloaded on my computer and delete them when done, reinstall when I want to play again. I'm sorry if this sounds alarmist, but I don't truly understand how all this works, and I want to safeguard at least my very favorites. Thank you.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 28, 13 5:21 AM
I had the same problems downloading. Nothing like being left just blowing in the wind. No tech. forum no CCC no one to ask if they are having the same issues. I feel like a one legged woman in a **** kicking contest. There has got to be some way we can have communication when things like this happen. You have no problem plastering those sale banners all over our screens. Can't you have something that says you are having Tech. difficulties? Because I never saw anything that told me there was a problem.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Aug 28, 13 5:44 AM
crispypot wrote:is BFG going slightly down the pan do we think really not liking how it all runs ( or doesn`t ) at the minute, hate not being in touch with anyone on the site

Beginning to wonder. tried to buy this game with a Coupon Code and it won't let me use any I have (9). Tells me there all invalid?!!! Tried to contact BF and after a lengthy explanation of what had happened I pressed the continue button only to be told I had been timed out and to press back button to try again, only to find everything I had written was gone. BF seem to be falling apart!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 28, 13 6:00 AM
Has anyone heard about the NY TIMES was hacked...maybe BF has also.
I agree with who posted that they have faith in BF....they will fix it!

Go to: