bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Snow technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 1:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any The Snow technical issues here only

[Post New]by DixieKat on Aug 28, 13 8:39 AM
this is the second game of late that freezes my pc. the other is imperal island. tried the snow on a different site and it works just fine. a bit tired of this happening here, what to do-what to do, plus so many CE, i have a bunch of game coupon and nothing either works to buy or nothing is offered

[Post New]by mwerkharder on Aug 28, 13 9:11 AM
Same here, Dixiecat. Freezes my pc, never actually stars. Same with Imperial Island. Would love to play these games, but no solution appears to be in effect. Oh, well.

[Post New]by Wigime on Aug 28, 13 9:43 AM
This game must take a lot of system memory because I was experiencing lagging with my cursor whenever I moved it in the game. I have 7g of ram, so this shouldn't have been an issue.

I have a Window 7 PC with 7g ram.

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 9:45:15 AM PST

[Post New]by two_many_games on Aug 28, 13 10:37 AM
I have the same problem as DixiCat. Have to go to task master to clear it off. It looked like it might be a fun game. Everyone who can get it enjoy.

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Aug 28, 13 11:12 AM
I have the same problem as DixieKat too....I really wanted to get this game!!

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Aug 28, 13 11:19 AM
Same problem here, as soon as it starts get a blank screen and the custom cursor frozen on it, as said had to use task manager to get it off, have 4gb of ram but i think it's the graphics card (mine is intergrated) that dosnt have enough to go round so to speak.
Tried it on a XP, no go. same problem, then tried it on a laptop with an intel 5i processor and it was a little bit stuttery on motion but very slight, but the game played excellent, great game.
So as i pointed out before, on the games that are coming out that some of them need a very good graphics card to run them and the information isnt that obvious when you look at the system equirements, like the minimum graphics card ram.
I've had 4 games in the last few months on my vista 64bit quad core pc that wont work because of the graphics card

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Aug 28, 13 1:31 PM
I too am getting the black screen and immovable custom cursor. Have to task manager my way out. I'm on a laptop, 32 bit, vista. I reloaded and it was the same problem. I didn't have problems with Imperial Island. and am happily clicking through that a 2nd time.
In 5 years I've only had a couple of tech issues with BFG and I own a lot of of games.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 28, 13 2:02 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing those display issues in your games.

As dueler mentioned, some of our newer games require very up-to-date software and/or drivers. The best advice I can give is to make sure that everything on your computer is updated, so the game can run as smoothly as possible. For assistance finding any relevant updates, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're having trouble with a lagging cursor, It's also a good idea to make sure the Custom Cursor is turned off. To do that, go to the main menu of the game, click on 'Options' and check the 'System Cursor' box.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can look into this and help sort out what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by fishfan2 on Aug 28, 13 6:17 PM
Fire tokens.
In the first Flame board there are no visible fire tokens to collect when I match 4 or 5. Anybody else have that problem?

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Aug 29, 13 4:34 AM
game plays on other site, no problems at all, the problem is on here only. it is a fun game check it out there. graphics on this game are not so great as to cause any problem.

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 6:34:26 AM PST

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Aug 29, 13 5:09 AM
DixieKat.... I wish you could tell me the name of the other site>>>

LilLady46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Black scrren & frozen curser

[Post New]by LilLady46 on Aug 29, 13 10:23 AM
Like DixieKat, mwerkharder, two-many-games, dueler and mimmiyh5, I am having a problem with this game. I am running Win7, 2.0 ghz,2048 memory and DirectX 11. The only two games I have had this problem with are the same as the others. I have removed and reinstalled the game twice. All my drivers are up-to-date. I don't seem to be having problems with any other game, Match 3, Time Management, HOG. My husband downloaded the game on our laptop, which has the same OS, Ghz, Memory...no problems. I played the game just fine.

I am very disappointed because good Match 3 are few and far between these days. Any helpful ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I just went to another game site and successfully downloaded and opened the game with no problems. So, why only a problem with the BF version?

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 10:43:58 AM PST

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Aug 29, 13 11:16 AM
I, too, cannot start this game, it freezes with the custom curser not movable and I have to use task manager to exit.

A competing gamesite has this as its new game today. I downloaded it and am able to play it with no problems so it would seem that it is a Big Fish problem!

[Post New]by fishfan2 on Aug 29, 13 1:35 PM
fishfan2 wrote:Fire tokens.
In the first Flame board there are no visible fire tokens to collect when I match 4 or 5. Anybody else have that problem?

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Started new game with new name. I now have all bonuses including fire tokens. I had none before.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 13 4:42 AM
Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be able to provide much more personalized help, that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 30, 13 4:44 PM
Another access code error, program terminated. And progress lost. I was going to purchase this game but because of this problem I have decided to pass it by. It's too bad, too, because it has a nice story and music and I would like to play it.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling but I've found that with this problem nothing works to fix it. And I'm not happy about having to replay the levels I have already completed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 13 6:57 AM
Hi Jurinne,

An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

As it seems like you are receiving this message pretty persistently I would suggest having a look at the following article which offers help for this error:

Access Violation

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by rebahanna on Aug 31, 13 1:23 PM
The same problem for me: frozen cursor from the beginning. Had to give up on this one. Every once in awhile BFG comes out with a game that I just can't play. I've been an exclusive customer for 6 years now and love BFG, but if I can get this game on a different sight, I guess I'll try.

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Aug 31, 13 3:51 PM
I was looking forward to being able to play this game as it did sound like a lot of fun but unfortunately I am having the same problems as others. Black screen, frozen curser. Bummer

Go to: