Losing hearts

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Aug 29, 13 1:07 AM
Has anyone noticed that their hearts are depleted when no ship has made it into their castle? This has happened to me on more than one level and I'm wondering if there is a logical explanation so I can prevent it.

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Losing hearts

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 29, 13 5:46 AM
I've had this happen numerous times on missions in the 2nd campaign. It's a bug. It appears to be completely random when it happens.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Aug 29, 13 7:35 AM
Thanks for the reply Culgan. I thought that's what it was, but I just wanted to make sure. Very frustrating...

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 30, 13 2:59 AM
I am not sure there is a bug. If you notice very closely in a big battle a very fast boat will slip through slow moving ships and get right to the fort.

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 30, 13 8:04 AM
wxman77477 wrote:I am not sure there is a bug. If you notice very closely in a big battle a very fast boat will slip through slow moving ships and get right to the fort.

I've had enemies die on the complete opposite side of the map of the fort and still have them die with the animation they entered the fort. It's definitely a bug, I've even seen it on unused recordings I made for my walkthroughs.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 1, 13 4:03 AM
Yes,I have just played Arctic,normal level 2 9 times and on wave 6 almost at the end with nothing anywhere near the gate it flahes red and I loose 2
I managed to complete one level that it was doing it on last night after about 6 repeats.
not knowing how many times you may have to repeat the level is very frustrating

I normally chill out playing these Games but not on this one thats for due

wendy

dmontgo
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmontgo on Sep 2, 13 5:56 PM
OK...this makes perfect sense. I had one level that I played a couple times and never saw anything hit the castle but had lost stars and couldn't figure out why! Now I understand! I eventually did finish without losing any hearts.

[Post New]by JLucak on Sep 5, 13 7:25 AM
I think the green towers trigger the lost hearts. I couldn't get past 2-11 without losing a bunch of phantom lives, but when I tried again using only blue towers (no green), I made it through.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 6, 13 11:25 AM
I Had problems with this bug on 2-11 wave 6, 2-14 wave 3, 5 and 6 and 2-15 wave 4 and 5.
Does make it a bit more difficult when you do not know what triggers the heart death. You can see normal explosions for 5 zepplins and then the 6th one gives the red wavty lines and you have suddenly lost 2 hearsts.
I hope this has been reported in the tech bugs thread and that Big Fish are requesting the game designers to provide a fix.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 6, 13 11:14 PM
Update on the losing hearts problem. After a bit of experimenting I found that this most often occurs near the margins of the game board.
To avoid the particular enemy being destroyed there I had to sell the weapons towers near that entry point to allow the enemy to get onto the map proper. Once they were established I could put back the missing weapons and then kill them without losing hearts. Or was I just lucky. Hope some others can test this out and see if it works.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 8, 13 7:51 AM
Well I have reported this till I am blue in the face. No response and no reply
I have reported to technical dept as told and their reply made no sense at all.
I now cannot go past arctic level 12 without loosing hearts on all 3,easy,Normal and hard.Loose at least 2 hearts everytime
so frusteating and no point in carrying on
I jsut wish they would at least acknowledge ther is a problem and that they are trying to fix it,but nothing
it can clearly be seen in some You Tube videos.
I have tried narrowing it down to where the lives get lost and as suggested do different things at that point but then one went somewehre else.
we shouldnt have to do all this anyway
most annoying

wendy

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 12, 13 1:54 PM
JLucak wrote:I think the green towers trigger the lost hearts. I couldn't get past 2-11 without losing a bunch of phantom lives, but when I tried again using only blue towers (no green), I made it through.

Just wanted to confirm that this does appear to work. I was completely unable to get through level 2-7 without losing phantom hearts when using green towers. A video confirmed there were no enemies near my fort when this happened, and not even any black blotches. I switched to blue towers and completed with 3 stars.

There's a tactical problem with blue towers in that several enemies are immune to the slowing effect, but they still do damage. So that's another problem to solve. But for now, just glad I have a solution. The blue towers do work quite well because of a faster firing rate.

I guess, on levels where you do need green towers, a solution may be to not put them at the edges of the screen where enemies come on, as someone suggested earlier. So that may be a good workaround.

Edited on 09/12/2013 at 1:56:49 PM PST

Go to: