bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 1:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 13 1:44 AM
Hi Baikal...

When I want to leave the game, and click on "exit", the game freezes, and I have to exit via the Task Manager.

I tried it twice, just to see whether it was just a glitch, but it happened the second time too. Each time, I got an Access Violation error message coming up.

Just thought I'd mention this for the devs to have a look into this.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 1:53 AM
Thanks Valdy, I have been running it on a few different machines here and it seems to be closing smoothly for me so maybe checking for an update with help the game close without freezing?

This will also help with the access violation message, as will running the game as an administrator.

These are just a couple of suggestions and I will definitely pass this along for the team to watch for. Of course, if you would like us to take a closer look at what is going wrong here, feel free to send a email through to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 13 2:12 AM
I ran the game as Administrator, but still the game froze when I wanted to exit. Everything work fine, I have no problems playing the game. I just can't exit it.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Aug 29, 13 2:45 AM
The game would not download after I purchased it. I had to "restart" my computer then go into my purchase history and download from there.

This is the 2nd. game I have purchased where I must restart my computer and download it from my purchase history.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is my game manager messed up or is it my computer, I wouldn't think I would have to restart my computer each time I want to purchase a game and download it. Would having too many games in my game manager cause this?

Thanks ... Judy

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 3:32 AM
Thanks Valdy, glad to hear that the game is running smoothly and I will pass this along the info you kindly provided on the issues while exiting.

ghostguide2002 - The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

If that doesn't help matters, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 13 3:40 AM
Ermmm... no, Baikal. The game still freezes when I want to exit it. All I said was that the game itself plays perfectly fine, but the game freezes on the main menu page when I click the "exit" button.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 29, 13 4:42 AM
Valdy wrote:Ermmm... no, Baikal. The game still freezes when I want to exit it. All I said was that the game itself plays perfectly fine, but the game freezes on the main menu page when I click the "exit" button.

Same here, Valdy. On exiting the game mid-trial, clicking on the exit button results in an access violation and having to kill the game off via the Task Manager.

I'm going to buy it, but I hope it won't lose my progress when I exit the full purchased game.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Aug 29, 13 5:42 AM
the game freezes when I exit, have to go to task manager to close the game. Hoping for a fix.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 29, 13 5:47 AM
Good to see you back in the pond Valdy. Sorry to hear you are having issues getting out of the game. I did the game before it came out without any issues and that still holds true now that it is out. Hope they get that fixed for you because it really is a good game.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Aug 29, 13 5:52 AM
Same thing here Valdy, game plays flawlessly but freezes when you want to leave

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 6:05 AM
Sorry Valdy, I meant that I am glad that the game itself is running and you had the chance to play it at least, aside from the inability to exit correctly of course.

I have let folks know that a good few players have reported this issue and we will fill you once we have more.

Equally, please feel free to pop a message through to Tech Support about this if you wish.

As always, your help is much appreciated,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 6:05:34 AM PST

patskarma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by patskarma on Aug 29, 13 6:41 AM
I am also having exit problems. Game downloaded fine, played fine but when I went to exit, froze. I couldn't even get out using task manager. Had to cold shut my computer. Not happy with that. Will wait to see if you fix the problem before I attempt to purchase.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

trial expired

[Post New]by tempeasu on Aug 29, 13 6:53 AM
this is the second game that i downloaded to try and is says that the trial has expired. any thoughts?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 7:04 AM
Hi tempeasu,

This can happen if the game is unable to start up on your computer or has not installed correctly.

When a trial shows as expired like this, the best thing to do is to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Usually one of the two tips I have offered will do the trick and make your trial available to you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Aug 29, 13 11:07 AM
thank you. have both trials now.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 29, 13 1:51 PM
tempeasu, I'm so happy to hear that those trials are working properly now. I hope you enjoy those!

bfgDeveron

ohioan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by ohioan on Aug 29, 13 2:11 PM
I have gotten to the third gate, opened it, and want to navigate the maze, and the game freezes. Any ideas?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 29, 13 2:20 PM
Too many tech issues..pls. let us know when you fix them

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

The game freezes on exit

[Post New]by bluesinew on Aug 29, 13 7:21 PM
Simply put... the game freezes on exit. The game was fairly enjoyable until I decided to close and restart to see if it would save progress, and it froze. Not a buy for me.

Go to: