LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Mill Mystery

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 29, 13 12:35 PM
New Item and only a few days to complete. Does anyone know what we need to do to find these items?

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

Re:Mill Mystery

[Post New]by Jarrow on Aug 29, 13 12:48 PM
There is a new tab in our backpack for the ingredients. I have also found two new creatures to help that have given me items for the new quest, but not very many. I suspect that you need to have a LOT of friends to visit in order to collect the stuff for this quest. So the FB crowd may have another advantage on us with the PC version. I have found the new creatures both at my friend's and also my location, so I think the more options you have to encounter them, the more likely to get what you need. 5 days is not very long for this quest either, IMO.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 29, 13 6:56 PM
Actually, the creature (Bigfoot) only gives you one thing at your friend's places, so it is fairly easy to get. ALL the other artefact charges you need come from helping Bigfoot on your own map. So, you don't really need friends to complete this one as far as I can tell.

However, it does seem too hard to complete within the given time. I've been whittling away at the Mill Mystery quest ever since it appeared, and despite doing everything I can, I doubt I'll even get to the Mill before it ends. (And I'm level 28, so I've got lots of resources by now!)
Right now, I'm stuck on part of the quest where you have to chase away a ghost at the study. I don't have any gold cards left (to use the witch to give me a ghost there), so I'm stuck waiting till one appears on its own.

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on Aug 29, 13 7:37 PM
Good luck getting a ghost for the study. I seem to get all of my gold cards from the runes chests.

It would be easy to help Bigfoot on my map, if only I did not have 4 Kind Scarecrows that I just cannot seem to keep from re-occuring. I give them what they need and they come right back. One of these days I may actually get some other creature to help on my map.

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 29, 13 7:43 PM
Yes, I too have 4 SC. I like the game but . . . I don't know how long it's going to be around. With the news it sounds like they are going to drop the on line games. Hope not.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Aug 30, 13 5:39 AM
Well I don't think I'll get far in this adventure. I now have seven canvas towels from helping BigFoot at the neighbour's place but no other creatures are appearing and he never appears on my own map.

What is the news about dropping the online games, LadyLavender ?

I would be so disappointed but my time is probably far better spent, elsewhere.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 30, 13 12:30 PM
Jarrow wrote:Good luck getting a ghost for the study. I seem to get all of my gold cards from the runes chests.

Yes, the gold cards are always in the gold chest, I think, the one in the top left corner. I finally got a rune layout that I was able to get through and get to the chest, so now I'm on my way again trying to solve the Mill Mystery.

LadyLavender, I hadn't heard of anything about dropping it either, what did you hear? I'll be so sad, this game has been a perfect daily relaxation while the kids are napping.

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Sep 2, 13 1:16 PM
OMG It took how long to collect items for the Mill mystery........???? and now all the things I'd collected have gone. Unbelievable, not stored for later just erased from my backpack. This stinks

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Sep 2, 13 3:23 PM
Yes I agree, it was very confusing and then poof all that work gone. A little more explanation would help.

Go to: