Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Developers

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 31, 13 2:12 AM
Good Morning everybody

I just wanted to say I think this is EIPEX at their very best. after playing for just a few minutes I knew I would love this game. Then I saw the coach driver and he was the nutty gardener from Final Cut, and I loved that game too.

They obviously have different sets of developers as you see when watching the making of, and I wondered what happened to him. This set is simply the best.

The graphics are crystal clear, the cursor is so precise. Hidden objects are brilliant and the puzzles so far have been just right for me.

As I said I have only just started, but I felt I wanted to say how happy I am with this game.

Linda

Re:Developers

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 31, 13 2:32 AM
I loved recognising the drunken sailor as a member of Eipix team too. Cool!

I think they may have started with just the one team, but they are producing games so fast now, I reckon they must have brought in others.

It used to be just Elephant and ERS who gave us game after game after game of top notch enjoyment, but they better keep their standards high, because Eipix is now a serious challenger!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 31, 13 3:12 AM
i have post a mail to eipix because of the issue i have with their 2 last games,and they respond in 10 minutes!i'm sad to say that their games are for me now impossible to play!i have all the games they made before,and i am sad to see no one can help me ,neither BFG nor Eipix!

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 3:13:03 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 31, 13 4:08 AM
edmee1947,

Is it something to do with their graphics? Because they look kinda weird on my pc, but not bad enough to stop playing them. I got the idea in my head that it's HD or something?

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 31, 13 5:22 AM
edmee I am so sorry you are having problems, like I said before the graphics are crystal clear and everything works fine.

What is actually wrong? Is there anything we can suggest to help, It is such a shame.

Linda

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Aug 31, 13 5:22 AM
It could be the graphics. When I play this dev and the other two top makers, my video card fan is spinning like crazy. I'm afraid one of these days it will break. I got this video card about a year ago.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 31, 13 5:29 AM
I didn't like the graphics much at all...
I mean they're fine, of course, but nothing great IMHO--and I have a high-end machine with super graphics card with HD--so all ran/displayed nicely etc, just I wasn't enthralled with the graphics style/appearance .

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 31, 13 9:01 AM
Great game! I much prefer this latest to the two previous games but that is just a personal quirk concerning time period setting. Graphics are super, music great, voice overs a hoot, the butler needs to be squashed like a cockroach, the Baron, well the moderators won't let me say what he is, and the wife is in BIG trouble, love the drama!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Aug 31, 13 10:18 AM
I'm with cbtx on this one I'm just loving the rollicking good time, tongue in cheek style of this game. They put their heads together, looked at games we love, and put a lot of those elements in their effort. Bravo! The drunken sailor is a hoot! Bad guys, a boy in jeopardy, a lady in distress, and a woman as the heroine(us). A fun pirate soap opera!
Too bad I'm not a rum drinker, or I'd have some with coke to do this game right! Somehow, a cold glass of white wine doesn't seem like the correct pirate drink. Maybe will do as a substitute?

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 31, 13 10:50 AM
This is a great game. I only have one complaint. I don't get to collect hints. What is the sense of allowing us to know that there is a hint card in every scene if we don't get to collect them. You can only have 8. I don't like that. I want to see how many I can collect.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Aug 31, 13 11:56 AM
hi fishes just want to add my thank you bf&dev for a super game. also loved the sale i did the demo i was hooked from the get go.then i bought it thank you bf thenew gm worked purrrrrrrrrfect .cbtx you said it so right i am a very happy clam about this game. d/l is almost done so i am off to enjoy hope all you fishes &bf have a great labor day to me it looks like lots to do also 3 game modes then you can play match3to me this be a nice longgggggggggg game

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 31, 13 12:03 PM
wow DEV's I was in the game 15 minutes and bought the game asap..Thx dev's for all your hard work and time..The Graphics are so beautiful and i loved the sounds this game is awesome..Congrats to you DEV's this game is one of the best games i played this year..Thx BF for having this game for us today What a surprise
.. 5 's

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 31, 13 3:35 PM
my issue is that the game ,start,i see video,beginning of the story,and when i choose the difficulty game,it come back on the menu screen!i had this with hansel and gretel also,and my drivers are updated and i have played beta of these two games without any issues!i don't have any with the games before(final cut etc which worked fine)i have uninstall,install again, and it is not a game manager issuefor i can do what i want with other games!i am not ready to buy another computer only to play eipix games,because mine is only 11 months old!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 31, 13 6:30 PM
The only two criticisms I have with this developer and this game is black bar tips on the hardest mode and the main game not coming to a conclusion. The bonus chapter is needed to get "the rest of the story." Other than this I thought this was a GREAT game but please stop this. A bonus chapter should be just that - A BONUS CHAPTER.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 1, 13 2:17 AM
heatherington wrote:This is a great game. I only have one complaint. I don't get to collect hints. What is the sense of allowing us to know that there is a hint card in every scene if we don't get to collect them. You can only have 8. I don't like that. I want to see how many I can collect.

I was a bit fed up about this too. I really wanted to know if I had collected them all. I didn't realise they were hints..... thought they were like morphing objects and you had to collect them all.

Never mind the game was still brilliant.

Linda

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 2, 13 5:34 AM
Game is far too easy for experienced players because Eipex won't listen & get rid of the stupid blackbar tips & hints for hardest mode.
That persistent hand-holding wrecks challenge. Indeed, only difference btwn medium & hardest modes is hardest has no hints/skips. Both have blackbar texts & hints.
Many experienced players prefer for blackbar to only deliver story-relevant content, not any hints.
Please devs: stop this blackbar hints practice. In fact, why not modernize like other devs & let us customize?

Go to: