Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

*How long to play or how many chapters?

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 31, 13 2:32 PM
Has anyone played this game yet? If so, approximately how long did it take you? If you just bought the game, how many chapters does it have? It is such a bummer that they only show the first two chapters only now on games! Thanks for any help!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

*How long to play or how many chapters?

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 31, 13 5:49 PM
Melymc wrote:Has anyone played this game yet? If so, approximately how long did it take you? If you just bought the game, how many chapters does it have? It is such a bummer that they only show the first two chapters only now on games! Thanks for any help!

Yes I just finished it a little while ago. This has 5 chapters plus bonus chapter. Main game for me was 4 1/2 hours and bonus chapter 1 hr. Main game doesn't come to a conclusion but the bonus chapter does continue the story. As for the game length this is playing in the hardest mode. No use of hints, skips or map. I hope this helps.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:*How long to play or how many chapters?

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 31, 13 7:27 PM
Thanks sportygal, you've answered for me when you said the main game doesn't end conclusively. It's a no buy for me if the main game doesn't have an appropriate ending. I got burned with Living Legends: Ice Rose because the story continued in the CE instead of being wrapped up in the SE and I wasn't going to be burned again. I just finished the demo on this one. I wasn't bowled over completely but did enjoy the variation in the hidden object scenes. I didn't think I liked it enough for a CE but thought I might get the SE, but you decided for me against that. I don't like it when the devs do it this way.

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Sep 1, 13 10:03 AM
Can someone please tell me how to get to the bonus chapter? I see nothing in the extras section. Thank you.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 1, 13 10:17 AM
ctitus wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get to the bonus chapter? I see nothing in the extras section. Thank you.

You have to click on extras and then you should see Play CE and click on that.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Sep 1, 13 2:32 PM
Thank you sportygal2009 for answering the question about how long the game is! I'm still deciding, if it you played it in the hard mode. Seems kind of short. But, the demo seemed to be a good game. Anyway, thanks again! Have a good Holiday!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 2, 13 5:47 PM
I played in Advanced mode (the middle mode) and didn't use any skips, hints or the map and watched all of the cut scenes. Main game took me 3 1/2 hrs and the bonus took 30 mins! Very short for my taste.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Sep 9, 13 3:59 AM
Hey - I'm late to this party, but I wanted to add that I played this game in casual yesterday and finished the main game in about 2 hours - TOO SHORT, people! TOO SHORT. This was a complete rip off.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 17, 13 5:36 AM
je_peche wrote:Hey - I'm late to this party, but I wanted to add that I played this game in casual yesterday and finished the main game in about 2 hours - TOO SHORT, people! TOO SHORT. This was a complete rip off.

Wow! I didn't know we were having party! It was asked how long it took to play the game and that's how long it was FOR ME but then I actually take and spend time playing the game/looking around and not how fast I can click through it. I'm not in a race with anyone to see how fast I can finish it. I didn't mean to make it apply to EVERYONE and just because it "supposedly" only took you two hours to play the main game well that doesn't make it true for EVERYONE else either.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 17, 13 11:05 PM
That sounds about right to me - 4 1/2 hours on Hard mode
3 1/2 hours on Advanced mode
2 hours on Casual mode

Length of game depends on Mode in which you play it. Regardless, all of them are too short for a CE in those respective Modes.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 18, 13 5:29 AM
WilJul wrote:That sounds about right to me - 4 1/2 hours on Hard mode
3 1/2 hours on Advanced mode
2 hours on Casual mode

Length of game depends on Mode in which you play it. Regardless, all of them are too short for a CE in those respective Modes.

True in regards to it depends upon which mode you play. Also if you use hints, skips, map, strategy guide. I didn't use any of these things. I also spend some time just checking out the scenes without actually playing the game that is looking around. The person who supposedly only spent 2 hours on the main game didn't state if they used any of these things or not. Just that it took them 2 hours.

The whole game that is including the bonus was 5 1/2 hrs. for me which FOR ME wasn't too short. What's "too short" for one person may be just right for another person.

ETA: The only thing I didn't like about this game is I felt the bonus chapter was needed to get a conclusion to the main game.

Edited on 09/18/2013 at 5:32:00 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 19, 13 2:07 PM
sportygal2009 wrote:

The whole game that is including the bonus was 5 1/2 hrs. for me which FOR ME wasn't too short. What's "too short" for one person may be just right for another person.
Very true. I assumed the "in my opinion" was implied. I shouldn't have.

Edited on 09/19/2013 at 2:07:42 PM PST

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 28, 13 10:12 PM
I loved the game - great graphics, loved the music, was nice seeing a non occultish story, etc, but was really bummed on how short it was. Really short. I bought the CE and really didn't feel like I got my money's worth. A shame too, it is a good game.

Go to: