SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Strategy Guide badly designed

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 1, 13 5:08 AM
The strategy guide is very clunky & hard to use:

1. Why can't it be accessed from within a scene, I hate having to leave the game & go the main menu to look at the guide & then try to remember what it said while I make my way back to the game

2. Why is it so difficult to navigate, normally we are just required to click right for the next page, here we have to roll the screen to see the rest of the page & then try to put the cursor on the tiniest circle to find the next page

3. The guide does not stay in the place where I left it, for instance if I am on page 2 of Chapter 2 I want to return to that place when I go back to the guide not have to start at the beginning of the chapter again.

Re:Strategy Guide badly designed

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Sep 4, 13 11:24 PM

caryl3
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by caryl3 on Sep 7, 13 3:45 PM
I agree with SeaBamboo.....hope the developers read this

saugeen
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by saugeen on Sep 14, 13 10:36 AM
I agree plus it is poorly written..there are a lot of mistakes

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Sep 16, 13 9:58 PM
I haven't had any problems with it not staying in place since it opens at exactly the spot I'm at in the game.

I do have issues with it not being available within the game and that when you close it, the guide contents comes up and you have to close it as well. I'd much prefer a contents button within the guide and if I want it, I can click on it. Basically, it takes four clicks to get back into the game when it should only take one.

There is also a lot of missing text. It tells you to get something but doesn't necessarily tell you where it is or that you have to click on something to bring up a window.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Sep 24, 13 8:39 PM
I totally agree with you all! When I purchased this game (thru BF for $13.99 CE) I expected a little more then what I paid for. My other CE Editions had the SG in the game plus when it says it has morphing objects where is it listed? NO WHERE! I've been through this game twice now, at one point when I reached Chapter 3, I never found the one morphing object that should of been at the first screen shot area.
I've almost gone blind looking for it. I went to the "Game Walkthroughs" and I copied and pasted this: "This walkthrough was created by prpldva, and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited".
Whoever this prpldval is needs to get their head out of the cave and fix this. I seen in the screen shots of the first part of the game when she's in the Brig, the morphing object is in one screen shot but the next one, its gone. Why wasn't it indicated in the write up?
Can someone tell me this. I'm getting old and not getting any younger. I own hundreds of BF Games and a lot of them are better then this one.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 23, 14 3:31 PM
The guide is incomplete. It doesn't include most of the bonus chapter. So I'm stuck, have no idea what to do next and there's nothing in the strategy guide because I've gone beyond the point where it stops.

This needs to be fixed. I love the Awakening: games, but this is just a really bad oversight - enough so that I will not be recommending this game unless the Strategy Guide problems are fixed.

Go to: