bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Lost in Reefs 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 13 2:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Lost in Reefs 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by buick4 on Sep 2, 13 9:34 AM
can't download, have tried several times

[Post New]by shoobug on Sep 2, 13 11:06 AM
I can't download it either. I keep getting a message saying that the game is not available on my Game Manager when I try to download it, then an error code 760.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 2, 13 12:25 PM
Heya shoobug and buick4,

Often when there's trouble downloading a game like this, the easiest way to get that working is to switch the method used to download the game. To do that, just open your Big Fish Games app (formerly the Game Manager), make sure you're signed in, click on the 'Options' link, click on the 'Advanced' tab, and change the download to 'Alternate Method.'

If this doesn't work, please get in contact with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a closer look at what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 3, 13 12:04 PM

I downloaded this game just fine BUT when I opened it up all I got was colored lines and then during the dialogue, a screen of green and after the completed dialogue, a string of colored lines again.

I've NEVER had this problem in my life before; what's up with that?

I downloaded and played Lost in Reefs just fine as well as one of the EIPIX CE games so I don't understand what this problem is all about nor how to fix it!

MEnr56

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 3, 13 12:46 PM
Hello MEnr56,

I'm sorry you're having those display issues in your game.

Sometimes when things like this happen in games, it's an indication the the game isn't communicating 100% with the computer. To fix that, often a software or driver update can do the trick. For help finding those, just click here:

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a closer look at your system and why that might be happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 3, 13 10:52 PM
My husband downloaded this game and it said his trial had expired. Since this is a new game for PC and he didn't try it as the TGT, how can this be? I downloaded it on my computer (under same account) and it shows the 60 minute trial.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 4, 13 1:12 AM
Hi Martyheinz,

This can happen if the game is unable to start up on your computer or has not installed correctly.

When a trial shows as expired like this, the first thing to do is to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Usually one of the two tips I have offered will do the trick and make your trial available to you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Sep 4, 13 3:28 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

I downloaded this game just fine BUT when I opened it up all I got was colored lines and then during the dialogue, a screen of green and after the completed dialogue, a string of colored lines again.

MEnr56

Same here, and really the standard advice about updating drivers and software simply will not do. This is the fourth match three game in recent weeks which hasn't run on my system and those of many others; we can't all have video related problems which mysteriously affect only one genre while letting us run large file games and other data heavy applications without trouble, as I have done.
And, oh yes, two games (Asian Riddles and The Snow) are available on other sites and have been completely trouble free when downloaded from them, a smoking gun which strongly suggests the problem is at the BF end. Wonder if the same will happen with this one and Imperial Island when they are released elsewhere. Ho hum...

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 4, 13 9:50 AM
Hello Bibliobat,

We're limited with the tech support advice that we can offer here in the Forums because we don't have access to system specifics of each of our users. Because of this our advice is more general and based on what helps with similar issues most frequently. In this case, display issues are often linked to a driver that should be updated.

If there is more assistance needed with an issue, I'd recommend getting in touch with one of our Tech Support Reps. They'd be happy to offer more specific instructions to help sort through issues.

I hope this helps clear things up!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by AsparagusPie on Sep 5, 13 7:42 AM
I have just purchased a new Lenova PC with Windows 8 and Intel Premium graphics. I have downloaded and reinstalled this game and I am still unable to get it to start. The intro and music starts but will not activate to start. I have read the Help info which says that Windows 8 already has the required graphics installed.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 5, 13 11:09 AM
Hello AsparagusPie,

The best option would be to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so one of our Reps can do some investigation to help sort out what's happening here.

To reach them, just click on the blue Help link on the top right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 7, 13 4:43 AM
Bibliobat wrote:
MEnr56 wrote:

MEnr56

Same here, and really the standard advice about updating drivers and software simply will not do. This is the fourth match three game in recent weeks which hasn't run on my system and those of many others; we can't all have video related problems which mysteriously affect only one genre while letting us run large file games and other data heavy applications without trouble, as I have done.

Same problem.

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 9, 13 4:32 AM
I agree with bibliobat. I went through BF Customer Support, sent Dr. Felixes after my upgrading cards, drivers, etc. and still can't play three recent games. I too WAS able to play The Snow through other game site, so I tend to believe it's (sadly) BF, not my computer. I haven't cared too much about the three games and just wanted to play the trials - probably wouldn't have bought anyway - but I worry about the day it's a game I WOULD like to buy. My computer is six years old (Dell, Windows XP) but it seems I should be able to play all current games. I'm a bit bummed (although kudos for BF CS for walking me through all things they can think of on their end!). I've never had an unsolvable technical problem with BF until recently.

[Post New]by Jessicalvs2flrt on Sep 9, 13 11:05 AM
They had a special, buy one, get one for 99 cents. I read reviews, and tried neither game (sad to say) and took this as my 99 cent deal. I have been unable to get the thing to open. blinking screen, tool bar flashing in and out.. same as other posters. I have done everything they say to do, and nothing. I even tried changing the settings on the monitor. I am beyond frustrated. I have had this happen a couple of times before, but not for quite a while now.

I sent in a report asking for a credit so I can get a game that plays, but have heard nothing. This is beyond frustrating, and I really wanted the game. Now I would just settle for a no-hastle game credit. sigh.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 4:43 AM
Hi Folks,

I am sorry to see that so many of you are having trouble, I know how it feels to have a game not work.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some specific support is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support Team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the issue and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can get to resolving the problem.

I know it can be frustrating to wait but I assure you that we do appreciate your help with these types of issues and this really is the best way of arriving at a conclusive resolution.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Ellaclare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ellaclare on Sep 12, 13 5:09 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

I've NEVER had this problem in my life before; what's up with that?

I downloaded and played Lost in Reefs just fine as well as one of the EIPIX CE games so I don't understand what this problem is all about nor how to fix it!

MEnr56

I've got the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and it still has the same issue.
I've also had to reinstal game manager 3 times in the past two weeks because of an error. I've been a member for over 5 years and have never had so much trouble. What ever you've changed, change back!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 13 3:45 AM
Hi Ellaclare,

It sounds like you are experiencing some persistent issues across a number of games, so I would encourage you to contact Tech Support.

I am sorry to hear that and we would like to take a look at what is going on so we can help resolve this once and for all.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 15, 13 8:10 AM
Same for me as well. Tried the download 4 times and all I got was colored wavy lines.

Beware of that Dr Felix download everyone. I downloaded it once and it corrupted my computer. Had to hire a tech to get rid of it!!

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Sep 18, 13 12:45 AM
Ditto. Ditto. and Ditto.

Go to: