bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Lost in Reefs 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 13 2:26 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of Lost in Reefs 2? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Lost in Reefs 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost in Reefs 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 2, 13 2:27 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 2, 13 3:47 AM
Different Style Fishy Match 3

BASED ON FULL HOUR DEMO

This game is very like the other fishy Match 3’s such as the Fishdom series and Aquascapes. It has the now familiar aim of earning coins to create your own aquarium, so you work through levels of increasing difficulty to achieve this.
But there are some significant differences too.

SUMMARY
*There is a voiceover commentary to introduce the ‘story’ behind the game. We are searching the ruins of a dragon and human city long since fallen to the bottom of the ocean. However, apart from the intro, there has been no reference to this part.

*I like the art in this one better, it is lighter and more pastel, and surprisingly I found this more pleasant.

*The music is a bit loud, but unique, using choral voices and gives the game a note of ceremony.

*There is a timed or untimed option.

*The gameplay includes the use of rectangular tiles and hexagonal tiles, and changes at apparent random from level to level.

*Still locked when my hour ended were the two other game styles offered – chain and groups. I’m not much of a Match 3 player, so I’m not too sure what they will be like, but certainly, adding variety to a game style we’ve all played a lot of over the years seems like a good idea!

*The shop has ornaments and relics, but you can only get fish and some other things by playing the game (I think).

*There are trophies.

.As I say, I’m not very adept at Match 3, even though I’m very experienced (oh dear!) at trying, so perhaps this is not so new to you, but even just the hexagon/rectangle mix felt refreshingly new to me.

I recommend this game!

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Sep 2, 13 5:29 AM
I really like this game, reminds me of Lost in Night, which I played twice already.
I like the graphics, smaller tiles, but very detailed, I especially enjoy playing hexagonal tiles.
You earn coins which you can use to buy stuff to upgrade your ocean.
It is relaxing most of the time but gets harder in timed mode as you go on. That is where your earned bombs, magnets and such come in.
Sometimes I have to get away from all the adventure games.....this does it for me.

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Sep 2, 13 6:52 AM
Virtually identical to "Lost in Night" with the same format. The only difference is the background of the ocean. I enjoyed "Lost in Night" very much and played it through several times. I like this as well; just not sure I need another game that plays exactly like another.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Sep 2, 13 7:49 AM
I love a good M3 and a challenging one as I usually played timed. They almost always eventually become tedious, and this one did so almost immediately. All the usual stuff is here - freeing tiles, chains and barriers to break through, etc. - but it very quickly became a chore to me and just not much fun. There are no rewards for making large or special matches - instead, power ups randomly appear plus you are randomly given the opportunity to earn one by making three matches of a particular piece. Maybe it's the dreary, rainy weather (again!), but this one just didn't do it for me.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 2, 13 9:03 AM
Love It! I really like all the M3 games by this developer and this one was also an immediate purchase.

Graphics are muted but still easy to differentiate tiles. Music is soothing. These games are perfect after work games. Very relaxing with just enough board and tile breakage to de-stress.

These games are also very good value as it takes quite a while to build all the buildings.

I hope this developer keeps making these games.

Nana

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 2, 13 6:30 PM
DID YOU LIKE THE 1ST? IF SO....................THEN YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE.......................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIFFERENCE............................I liked the 1st..............so bought the 2nd...............

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Sep 2, 13 6:49 PM
I have both games. Love them! From the ocean sounds, dolphin sounds. It's great and I find them both very relaxing.
A good buy if you like relaxation and match games. The music is great on both too!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 4, 13 7:10 AM
The significant difference in this match three compared to others is you employ the use of different M3 gaming modes, i.e., swap, chain and [color] group. Rather like the Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, although nowhere near as challenging,

And again, as, seems to be the new trend, there are small boards with large icons and uninspired game play. But at least there are the different modes of play.

It's a cute game, but not one that I found challenging. However, I do like Match 3's and this one will make for a relaxing play through.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 4, 13 7:46 PM
A new Match-3 Game! I was so excited, and so wanted to like this as I am getting a little tired of playing all my favorite Match-3's over and over again. What was the problem? I read all the reviews given previously by my Match-3 fishies, and you hit the nail on the head. I just couldn't see it through the thought of immediately buying a new Match-3, underwater theme, with building an ancient city.

Wow, #1, did it get boring after about 1/2 hour of the hour demo. #2, where was the challenge? I didn't even read the instructions for the power-ups, but they just seemed to appear without any "fantastic and outstanding" playing on my part. #3, it seemed like I never had to use any power-ups anyway in the hour's demo (but it may become more difficult as the game progresses). #4. the small game boards are getting old very fast, and, as someone said, seem to be the new "'thang." I want a gigantic board, with moves that seem impossible, and many, many praises for the great player I am, making 6, 7, 8, etc., chains like nothing! #5. what is this new type of building? No choice of where to put things, everything looked the same in my aquarium, and what was the large, scrolling city about if you couldn't choose where to put things? Just give me a few flowers to place where I want and a complicated large board and I'm happy. It's my choice which flowers to plant and where to put them.

Maybe the choice of 3 game modes was the selling point. Personally, I like Swap and am sticking to it. The "no-timer" was a definite plus, but think most Match-3 games are like that now. The full screen was Gr8 but all games should really have that in this day and age.

I came away from this feeling bored and let down. Maybe I'm asking too much? Or maybe I was so psyched for a new Match-3!

I thank all my M3 players for your great reviews. You opened my eyes to what I couldn't see. I knew there was something about this that was not right for me, and you told me. Thank you. You guys are the bomb (no pun intended).

This will be another no buy for me.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 7, 13 10:13 AM
Bought this after a short demo, just to fill a punch card. Fortunately, I "bought" it with a coupon, otherwise I would be a very angry fishie. I realize that match 3 games are not meant to be complicated, and I chose it as a pleasant looking and sounding time waster. However, when there are levels where no play is possible at all, and then you must wait for the reset to refill....multiple times because there still is no play possible...there's no time left to play the game (yes, I prefer timed). That isn't enjoyable, it's ridiculous. It was a waste of a coupon, and I certainly don't recommend this game at all.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 24, 13 5:13 PM
Well, I'm on level 120 and have come to a stop....this game is fun, but very difficult, especially on some levels which makes is just plain frustrating and impossible to complete...I've tried unsuccessfully to win this level for about 20 tries...can't be done. Also, on game choice 1 (grouping), I could not even get beyound a few levels in that one since the groupings run out and it doesn't refresh....so, I've given it my best and now it goes into the trash...

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 1, 13 1:26 PM
Based on the completed game,
if there is ever such a thing as a completed Match3 LOL

This game is a lot of fun for the Match 3 Player.
The visuals and music are beautiful and uplifting.
There are 3 ways to play, and 3 sets of items to match:
treasures, tools, and sea creatures.

It is a lot game for the money.

[Post New]by rastusaussie on Feb 25, 14 3:03 AM
I have been playing Lost in Reefs for years, last thing each night. So relaxing and satisfying, but still a challenge.
Then I made the mistake of buying Lost in Night - can hardly see the game, so small!!! - and so easy...yawn!

Then I noticed Lost in Reefs 2 was available and I got SO EXCITED. But... I read the reviews and I noticed how small it is.

Why is this so? Has everyone's eyesight improved (except mine)?

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on May 19, 14 10:40 PM
I LOVE this game. I love match threes, so I first bought Lost in NIght and I was so charmed by the music the beautiful and fanciful nighttime village when I saw this I had to have it.I love building the charming underwater city and I love the dophin sounds! AS a match three goes, this and Lost in night gives players several ways to play..relaxed, time, and then after level ten we can switch from swap , group, or chained.I really loved he variety! Definite buy for me!

Go to: