[Post New]by kelli0658 on Sep 4, 13 8:48 AM
Why is it so hard to get new neighbors?

smartinp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:getting neighbors

[Post New]by smartinp on Sep 4, 13 10:35 AM
Because not everybody answer the neighbourhood solicitudes :-(. If you ask me, I always say yes! :-)

[Post New]by Ruchikunal on Sep 4, 13 11:37 AM
i can not see any option to send invitation

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 4, 13 11:53 AM
If you are playing through the online version of Big Fish Games, you can only get neighbors randomly - you cannot invite specific people.

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 4, 13 10:05 PM
Ruchikunal wrote:i can not see any option to send invitation

if you click one of the golden icons on the very bottom of your screen, you will get a pop up window. there are some tabs in that window, one of them says Random and may have a number behind the word.. that number is almost always 10. that means that when you click that tab you can see a list of 10 random people that you can invite as friends.

when you see those icons, in the bottom right you will see a plus sign, clicking that plus sign moves that person to the bottom of the screen. you just do that for all 10. when you have done the last one, look below the pictures/icons of the people you just clicked on and you will see the word INVITE. click that. You have successfully completed sending out invites for 10 people. Now, if you look at the top of that box, in the general area where the tabs are, you will see a counter, that counter lets you know the next time a list of random names will be issued to you. so you just come back on the game, do the same thing all over again.

click the gold icon on bottom of screen in the game, click the Random tab,click the plus sign on all 10 names/icons, then click on the word INVITE underneath the icons/names you just selected.

HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A NEIGHBOR OR A REQUEST FOR A NEIGHBOR you ask.

well looking at the window we use to select and send out invites, you will see one that says Manage and one that says Neighbors. if you click the one that says MANAGE - you will see a new window and 3 areas.

(cont'd on another post)

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 4, 13 10:12 PM
Neighbor - part 2

ok.. on that new screen you see 3 sections.

1 - Invitations Sent * this is the one on the very bottom* : it shows you all the people you have sent invites to and how long before they disappear from your invite list.

2 - Incoming Invitations * this is the 2nd one* : it shows you the names of the people that have sent an invite to you. ( Remember, just like you are sending out the invites to random people, your name also cycles around . So someone will get your name eventually as well).

3 - New Neighbors * this is the very first section* : this is where you will see the names of the people that have accepted YOUR invite.

HOW DO I ACCEPT SOMEONE AS A NEIGHBOR?

When you see a name/icon in the section INCOMING INVITATIONS you just click that little plus sign in the lower right of their icon.

hoping this helps and answers a few of the questions you may have.

[Post New]by JACKDEMPSEYtwo on Sep 8, 13 6:47 PM
I have used the "random" invite twice now and no one really responds! I just keep trying until I get more friends to help me out and share in some of the fun

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Sep 9, 13 10:36 AM
JACKDEMPSEYtwo wrote:I have used the "random" invite twice now and no one really responds! I just keep trying until I get more friends to help me out and share in some of the fun

that is all we can do, just every i think it is like 12hrs or so that the list of randoms refreshes, send out the randoms.... you may get a reply/neighbor and you may not... just keep sending em out. HAPPY GAMING.

NI_cKITA
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NI_cKITA on Sep 10, 13 4:21 AM
it takes 24hrs to refresh random list... every day I send invitations and so far only three people have accepted and one was incoming.. I still hope for more friends..

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 10, 13 9:35 AM
It is hard having to rely on randomly generated neighbours accepting invitations. I've just worked out, I've been playing 33 days, sent 330 invitations, had 5 responses and not a single incoming invitation.

The problem is a lot of the random names are probably dead accounts. If someone tries it for even a few minutes and decides it's not for them, they are registered as a user and go into the random generator.

I wonder how hard it would be for the developers to remove all the sleeping accounts from the random generator, we would surely have a lot better chance at getting neighbours then.

Perhaps if we all got in touch with CS and asked them to pass this suggestion on to the developers, they would do it for the next supposed update.

What do you think?

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 10, 13 9:45 AM
Sure is worth a try - as you know, one of my neighbors disappeared!

Also, one of the random ones that has not replied is named "false", who was a jackpot winner back in June, according to the screen that comes up when I play my 3 free random spins....

I will contact CS again with your suggestion....

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 10, 13 10:05 AM
I've also contacted them with the suggestion and asked about when we will get access to expedition areas and battling.

About a third my quest list are battle or magician's gate related and there is no way we can do them.

I can see me getting to a point where it's not worth my time to play anymore if they don't fix these issues.

Edited on 09/10/2013 at 10:07:44 AM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 10, 13 1:07 PM
I'd like to join in and ask them as well... I guess the more people that do, the more they'll notice, right? I'm having a hard time figuring out where to do that though. Do you just fill out the generic "contact us" form for all Big Fish games?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 10, 13 1:44 PM
That's what I did, Spocalina.

I selected the games and installation, then other in the drop down box.... it seemed the closest option I could find.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 10, 13 3:57 PM
Great, done with that. I'll let y'all know if I hear anything knew...

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 11, 13 12:34 PM
I got an answer from CS.... they are working with the developers and if they are able to fix the game to allow us to add neighbours easier and access all areas and battle, "an announcement should be made"

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 11, 13 2:13 PM
Rumbi and everyone else, too,

I got the same answer from CS just now.

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 11, 13 10:01 PM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:Sure is worth a try - as you know, one of my neighbors disappeared!

Also, one of the random ones that has not replied is named "false", who was a jackpot winner back in June, according to the screen that comes up when I play my 3 free random spins....

I will contact CS again with your suggestion....

I have just had that same player named "false" come up in my random list yesterday. I have two active neighbours and one sleeper. I think that two of those neighbours invited me & one, I assume, is someone I invited. I do invite the ten every day and I have been playing about seventeen days now.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 12, 13 7:01 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:Rumbi and everyone else, too,

I got the same answer from CS just now.

Well, I got a different answer, and a very unhelpful one at that. It was an apology for being behind on their emails followed by a generic email that "is being sent specifically to customers who have contacted us about graphics related issues." It had a bunch of advice for what to do if your screen is freezing up or you're having issues with your graphics card, etc.

I have no idea why I got that email, I did not mention anything at all in my email to them outside of the issues we're all experiencing with game features not being available to us.

[Post New]by Silverthornfire on Sep 12, 13 7:12 AM
I'd like some new neighbours too... have been playing only a short time .. 4 days and have sent out the freebie random invites.. had zero replies.
We are all account holders right? There should be a better way of adding friends & neighbours than a random chance of hitting an active!! Grrr..

Go to: