barnum1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Earning barrels

[Post New]by barnum1 on Sep 4, 13 4:46 PM
I've watched several online demonstrations of different levels, and they seem to be earning barrels as they play.

Does anyone know how that works?

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Earning barrels

[Post New]by Culgan on Sep 5, 13 2:37 PM
When enemies die, there's a chance they'll drop a barrel....at least on the Windows version of the game. I'm not sure about the Mac version.

barnum1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by barnum1 on Sep 5, 13 5:35 PM
Thanks for the response. I should have known it would yet another difference between the Windows version and the Mac version.

Wish they'd been more up front about how many features weren't coming on the Mac version...

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 15, 13 4:09 AM
Earning barrels on PC seems to be pretty slow. I've tried to speed it up by finding a level (currently 2-10) which I can complete with 3 stars and repeating it without spending the barrels on upgrades. This level consistently gives me around 25 barrels each time. Since I know the level, I can play most of it at maximum speed. I believe you get less frequent barrels the more you spend barrels on upgrades.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 15, 13 5:22 AM
After playing through all levels, (Still cannot get 3 stars on 2-20) have gone through to check on which levels give most number of barrels.
I played each level 3 times and recorded the number of barrels.
Some results:
1-5 12 barrels
1-7 10 barrels
1-20 32 barrels

2-8 21 barrels
2-10 32 barrels
2-13 34 barrels
Hope some of that helps.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 15, 13 5:57 AM
Getting a good technique for 1-20 seems to be the best route to take
I can get an average of 32 barrels in 7 minutes.
Not making these Mac problems clear at the start is really wrong

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 15, 13 9:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked after doing more barrel upgrades and it didn't seem to affect how many barrels you get, so your lists appear the best bet. I guess you need a method where you can play most of the level at maximum speed.

Go to: