bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 5, 13 1:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Sep 5, 13 1:53 AM
I have just collected all five pieces of "Deaths" scythe and it has disappeared. In the inventory there is a slight green glow. When I mouse over it the "scythe" caption appears, but no scythe is there. I even tried clicking on the green glow, but no go. Help

Re:Post any Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by helenjane65 on Sep 5, 13 7:57 AM
The same has happened to me. Had to quit game and disable special effects, when I did this all the pieces came back and could continue to play.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Sep 5, 13 9:47 AM
I was enjoying this game and decided to try the Chimera bundled with it. What a mess. It not only stopped cold, but I had to unplug my computer and restart it in order to get back to the desktop. Then, I read the forum on Chimera and found out that others have had disastrous experiences also.

Can we trust the developer to have corrected these flaws in the Riddles of Fate. I really like the game, but have some hesitation. It would have been nice if I could have bundled them. However, now I am considering waiting for the SE as cost is a consideration. If there are sales for the CEs I might consider the Riddles game.

The Chimera game is definitely off the table!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Sep 5, 13 10:34 AM
Hi all,

I played the demo of Riddles of Fate and everything went smoothly. As I experienced slow motion in former Elephant games when the special effects are enabled, I disabled them from the beginning. The Chimeras game did not cause any problems (I have the CE). It is a very large file and while playing most computers come to their limits.

Perhaps the disabling of special effects can help!

happy gaming!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 5, 13 1:11 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with a specific part in the game or issues like slowness or lag, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game and updating any drivers and game related programs that may be causing that to happen. You can find information on doing that here on our help articles:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can offer additional help.

Hopefully that helps to get the game running smoothly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by mystorm on Sep 5, 13 1:37 PM
I have the recipe for the poison potion, but it won't let me put it by the cauldron. I have tried placing it every where on the pop up screen, but it won't stay.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Sep 5, 13 3:49 PM
For some experiencing difficulties with responsiveness, slo-mo, etc., you can go to the options menu and turn off 'special effects' and see if that helps.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 6, 13 2:53 AM
Thanks for that awesome tip Hespera, adjusting that setting might just help so it is definitely worth checking.

mystorm - you could try is pressing the hint and then clicking exactly where it indicates, as sometimes, the hotspots that trigger reactions in the game are not quite where we imagine them to be - I have had this happen to me a lot!

If the problem persists though, we would be happy to take a look at this with you and provide some further advice though.

You can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance if needed though.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Sep 6, 13 3:28 AM
mystorm wrote:I have the recipe for the poison potion, but it won't let me put it by the cauldron. I have tried placing it every where on the pop up screen, but it won't stay.

You can't add the poison-recipe till you have destroyed the older recipe hanging on the post, left of the cauldron. Just click it and it disintegrates.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Sep 6, 13 6:54 AM
BetsLaw wrote:I have just collected all five pieces of "Deaths" scythe and it has disappeared. In the inventory there is a slight green glow. When I mouse over it the "scythe" caption appears, but no scythe is there. I even tried clicking on the green glow, but no go. Help

I have also had this problem. I have turned of the 'Special Effects' as some one suggested but this hasn't worked. Having read other comments that people are having the same problem this must be a big glitch in the program.

We should not have to uninstall and reinstall to sort things out. By doing this it means we have to start all over again in the hope that when we reach the same place everything will run correctly.

This should be look at and a solution should be posted. BF please do your job and sort this out because it is spoiling the enjoyment of the game for many gamers.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 6, 13 10:31 AM
Heya cmh47,

The good news about uninstalling and reinstalling
your game, is that this shouldn't impact your progress in the game. All of the save data for the game is stored in a different place from the game files.

If that doesn't work to solve the issue, it would be really helpful if you would contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felixso one of our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening here. This allows us to collect data and escalate the issue to the developer, if necessary.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Meredith43 on Sep 6, 13 2:51 PM
Like several other players, I collected all five scythe blades only to have them disappear from my inventory. There is a small, glowing blue area in place of the blades. Clicking on it does nothing at all. What gives with this glitch?

Asha28
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Asha28 on Sep 7, 13 1:13 AM
I too, am having the lagging/dragging/jerky issue. I have done the uninstall/reinstall, updated, etc but to no avail, this happened with Elephant's Bloody Mary also. What on earth are Elephant doing (or not doing) that makes their games unplayable? I don't have this issue with other devs. I am not very 'techy' and don't mess with my laptop to change it's settings but then I don't think I should have to! Why do I have this issue with Elephant and is there a simple fix?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 13 3:17 AM
Hi Folks,

I am sorry to see that you are both havering these issues.

As you have tried the advice already offered, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and also updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized advice that will hopefully help overcome these issues.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Sep 7, 13 11:10 AM
Corrupted profile? I just went to play the Bonus Chapter and it said my profile was corrupted so I have to start the game all over again?? For $13.99, this should not be happening BFG....

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 7, 13 12:28 PM
Disappearing Scythe pieces

Meredith43 wrote:Like several other players, I collected all five scythe blades only to have them disappear from my inventory. There is a small, glowing blue area in place of the blades. Clicking on it does nothing at all. What gives with this glitch?

This has just happened to me too. The last piece I collected was the one next to the boiling pot on the fire near the blacksmith. I'm afraid I don't remember what order I picked up the others in.

However, just before hitting "Post Reply" here, I went back into the game to see if I had any glimmer of a "small glowing blue area", and found instead that the 5 scythe pieces had reappeared in my inventory.

So, Meredith43, if you have exited the game, go in again and have a look, with any luck the scythe will be back.

Mac version with OS 10.6.8 on MBP 5,2 Intel 2 Duo 2.8GHz

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 8, 13 11:22 AM
Hi nflynn,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Losing your progress is never fun, so we'll do our best to get you back to gaming! Issues like that can have a few different causes, so the best way to receive specialized help is to contact our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to look into what's causing that and offer some suggestions to improve your experience.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Sep 8, 13 11:40 AM
Only minutes before i (with the help of fellow fishies suggestions) finally got my 5 scythe blades back and . . . lo and behold i get a warning that my game file is corrupted and my progress is reset!!! RESET?? . .it has ONLY gone back to the beginning!! i am really upset!! all my achievements, collectables etc. have gone down the proverbial!! WHAT the dickens is going on??

[Post New]by juttawalker on Sep 9, 13 11:52 AM
Dear Big Fish
I have the same problem with the Scythe all just gone
i cant keep reloading them large games i am on satellite internet with 25 GB of usage a month
why you all dont test them games better before you all sell them
i am very disappointed
Jutta

Edited on 09/09/2013 at 11:55:25 AM PST

Go to: