bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 13 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by azangie71 on Sep 7, 13 12:16 PM
I am having an issue with Level 11 - I complete it with Gold, only it never goes anywhere...It says level complete, gives me the 3 gold stars, and then is stuck. I have replayed the level with the same issue. I cannot move forward. Please fix, as I just spent $14 on this game!!!!

Thank you!

-Angela

P.S. Love this series!

nanabare7
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

3 STARS BUT CAN'T 'CONTINUE'

[Post New]by nanabare7 on Sep 7, 13 12:37 PM
On many levels, I complete the game with 3 gold stars, but when I click 'continue', nothing happens. The only way to continue is to exit the game, and when I start again, I go to the next level.

LVKiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LVKiva on Sep 7, 13 1:06 PM
Weird little issue - after starting a new level, the "loading" screen appears (with Cedric or the King or somebody making some sort of comment whilst you wait for it to load).
Because I don't always pay attention, I have clicked on the screen before it was fully loaded . . . normally, nothing would happen because the level is loading - but twice now the click has thrown me out of the game completely.
Okay - I need to be patient and let the level load. I get that. But I don't think the response should be crashing the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 7, 13 2:26 PM
Hello azangie71 and nanabare7,

In order to make sure that all of the files in your games are downloaded correctly, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling that. There's no need to worry though, you shouldn't lose any progress doing that. For more info, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

LVKiva, I'd recommend checking to make sure that your computer has all of the most current updates available, to make sure the game is running as smoothly as possible. For more information on that, just click HERE.

If the suggestions don't work, the next step would be contacting our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a look at what's going on.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 09/07/2013 at 2:28:41 PM PST

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parriepenn on Sep 7, 13 3:58 PM
Game is spontaneously exiting after completing levels. It is happening after about every other level and have to replay. Software is up to date. Computer can handle this game. Running Windows System 7.

[Post New]by Greg_R on Sep 7, 13 9:18 PM
parriepenn wrote:Game is spontaneously exiting after completing levels. It is happening after about every other level and have to replay. Software is up to date. Computer can handle this game. Running Windows System 7.

Ditto here, running Windows 8... Fully loaded Alienware laptop, drivers all updated. The game will just randomly disappear, once you complete all the level objectives, you get the fireworks, the clapping workers and when it should be loading the next level the game just disappears and dumps you off to your desktop. Everytime this has happened to me, the Big Fish Game Manager will be running with a blank / grayed out window and the Big Fish Loading popup (that you would normally with the "Come back again" or "Get ready to play games" messages when starting or existing the Game Manager).

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 13 4:08 AM
Hi Folks!

If you have tried the advice already offered by bfgDeveron, and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

games and players are not saved

[Post New]by Intamin on Sep 8, 13 3:52 PM
Hi,
when I close "Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition" the progress and the player are not saved. When I start Royal Envoy again I have to create a new player and the game starts from the beginning. Reinstalling the game does not solve the problem.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Sep 8, 13 7:30 PM
parriepenn wrote:Game is spontaneously exiting after completing levels. It is happening after about every other level and have to replay. Software is up to date. Computer can handle this game. Running Windows System 7.

I am having the same issue and it if very frustrating. There's no pattern to when it happens, it just closes out at the end of the levels. Sometimes I can play 3-4 levels before it closes, other times, it's every other level. When I go back into the game, it says continue saved game? and then goes back to the level it just exited from. I'm almost done with the game and now, it has twice frozen at the end of the level. There has to be a bug in the game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

3 STARS BUT CAN'T 'CONTINUE'

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 9, 13 1:28 AM
nanabare7 wrote:On many levels, I complete the game with 3 gold stars, but when I click 'continue', nothing happens. The only way to continue is to exit the game, and when I start again, I go to the next level.

Check your options menu; do you have the hints turned off? I had this same issue as I never have the hints on; it's because there is some extra information given after certain levels are completed that doesn't display when the hints are turned off. I don't know whether the devs meant this to happen but it is a bit disconcerting the first time it happens!

One example is the level before you have to rescue the workers from the mine; I think another shows the balloon taking off or landing somewhere. If you turn the hints on, you will see all this and the game will continue. Otherwise you have to manually exit the level to be able to go to the next one. It won't stop you progressing; click 'menu', then 'exit' and you will go back to the map. Click on 'start' and you'll go to the next level.

ETA: This may be the same reason azanjie71 is having problems. I hope it helps

Edited on 09/09/2013 at 3:35:53 AM PST

Glitch on Level 4 - time freeze on fixing piers

[Post New]by Ice_Cat on Sep 9, 13 2:25 AM
Hi,

I'm playing the trial for the game on a win 7 platform.

On level 4 when you get to the part where you have to rebuild the piers I started repairing a different pier from the one indicated. There's a Hint - head with a bubble telling you that you need to repair the piers and a green arrow showing the right most pier.

Even after repairing that one pier, the messaged remained on the screen and I couldn't turn it off.

Also - the game timer "froze" . I could play/fish and repair as long as I had resources but the houses weren't creating more gold. I waited to gather the fish up to the needed quantity but reaching that goal didnt get things moving.

The fix was to restart the level and start the repairs with the Indicated pier.

[Post New]by cecange on Sep 9, 13 3:22 AM
I have the same problem as Intamin that the game won't save. I have unstalled and reinstalled a few times. I have gone through all the steps suggested by Support. It just wont work.

I wanted to try to play all day without closing and see what level I could reach but at level 5, the game froze and it threw me out. When I started again, I had lost my progress.

This is very very frustrating.

games and players are not saved

[Post New]by HennaFunk on Sep 9, 13 6:18 AM
Intamin wrote:Hi,
when I close "Royal Envoy: Campaign for the Crown Collector's Edition" the progress and the player are not saved. When I start Royal Envoy again I have to create a new player and the game starts from the beginning. Reinstalling the game does not solve the problem.

Same problem - nothing helps. Who will fix that?

Edited on 09/09/2013 at 6:19:24 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 9, 13 2:19 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with the game freezing or general performance issues, please check out our help article here that covers some basic tips for correcting that:

If your game isn't saving, the steps outlined here might get that working correctly:

Game Not Saving

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can assist you further.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Sep 9, 13 7:41 PM
This is so sad game is "jiggy" the cursor locks up, game freezes and quits you out to the desktop. I own the other 2 in this series (CE's no less) and I would love to buy this game but not with all the issues sorry BFG, was really looking forward to owning this one too!
Lean

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 3:04 AM
Hi Leanda1,

I am so sorry to hear that, I love this game and so i really want you to be able to play it.

As the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to offer some more dedicated support!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Hi!

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 10, 13 4:03 AM
I was just wondering where 'chit-chat' went to??

Suzanne

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 4:04 AM
Hi Leanda1,

As the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options Menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by esnyder66 on Sep 10, 13 8:59 PM
After purchasing the game, when I select either "save to file" or "run", I get a message saying the game contains a virus and has been deleted. I went to "purchase history" on my BF Game Manager and it installed it, but got stuck on "Installation 100%". Now my Game Manager freezes when I open it, so I can't uninstall.

Go to: