sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

Timed or Untimed

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 7, 13 6:46 AM
JustTheFacts said
"Most of all I love that I can play this game without a time limit, or I wouldn’t be able to play at all"

everyone else says its timed.
What is true.....please

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Timed or Untimed

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 7, 13 7:14 AM
It's not the first time someone didn't get their facts straight.

If you don't make it by the time the timer has ran out, you have to repeat the level. You can't continue.

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Sep 7, 13 7:42 AM
It is TRUE that there is no "untimed" mode (similar to "Relaxed" mode other TM games).

However, the level timers are very generous. Unless you are striving for 3 Gold Stars, even the slowest players should have no trouble completing the regular Adventure levels without having to repeat them.

In addition, this version of the game is much less "clicky" than previous versions, so it's easier for tablet or trackpad players.

Expert Mode levels, of course, have faster timers.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Sep 8, 13 12:54 AM
zahnprod wrote:It is TRUE that there is no "untimed" mode (similar to "Relaxed" mode other TM games).

However, the level timers are very generous. Unless you are striving for 3 Gold Stars, even the slowest players should have no trouble completing the regular Adventure levels without having to repeat them.

In addition, this version of the game is much less "clicky" than previous versions, so it's easier for tablet or trackpad players.

I really enjoyed this game until I got to the second section with the "holes" in them. I made it through the first set, but I can see this group is way more complicated. I know you think there's plenty of time, but for those of us who don't like to be stressed when playing a game, it makes all the difference to know we can choose to take our time and just enjoy the game on our own terms. I'm now stuck at those second set of holes and don't know if I will even go back to the game. The pressure of keeping up with where all those holes go, plus the timer, just takes the joy out of the game for me.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 8, 13 4:55 AM
Thanks Valdy and zahnprod for your replies. Sorry a bit late but RL called yesterday.
Still undecided though, will keep it in mind for later I think when I have pcc to use up.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Sep 8, 13 5:19 AM
JammyKat, if you're struggling with a level there is help in the game. Just click the ? in the top right corner of the screen and you'll get help for that level.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 9, 13 7:33 AM
CheerfulDragon8 wrote:JammyKat, if you're struggling with a level there is help in the game. Just click the ? in the top right corner of the screen and you'll get help for that level.

I've not played any 1 of this series of games as I don't do well with TM games and after reading JammyKat's comments, I'd ALMOST decided not to attempt this game despite the extremely high marks this game has gotten from other gamers.

However, after your response Cheerful Dragon8, I think that I'm going to download this game and the other 2 of this series and give it a go and see what happens.

MEnr56

Go to: