mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

Mods, please help

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Sep 7, 13 9:12 AM
This game is the DD for Saturday, 9/6, and I put it on my GM, intending to possibly buy it.

When I closed it, I got the sale screen - If you buy this game (Mystic Legacy: The Great Ring was shown), you can get one of these games for 99 cents. Soooo, not being one to turn down a sale on top of a sale, I clicked on a game I have been wanting and went to the cart, where I was told I could not do that. To be honest, I was surprised to see the sale screen at all, since this type of sale is generally limited to SEs or CEs.

The problem is that this could be construed as false advertising as easily as it could be seen as an honest mistake, which I believe it was. The screen needs to be fixed to avoid disgruntled customers, IMHO.

I contacted CS, but depending on how much traffic there is, it might not be read for a bit, This post is just covering all the bases and I apologize in advance for being off topic.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Mods, please help

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 7, 13 9:33 PM
Same thing happened to me.

BFG does this sort of thing all the time. Makes you think a sale is one thing when it's another.

Best to read ALL the info on the sale before buying anything.

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

Re:Mods, please help

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Sep 9, 13 12:13 PM
Indeed, Sublime One. Know the rules, good advice.

I got an email response from BFG today. They agreed that it should not have happened and apologized. Oh, also a coupon, which makes me feel somewhat guilty. Lately, I have to admit that my faith in BFG has dropped to the level of ... well, that of my cable TV company. This has restored some of the lost good feelings.

Mods, I know this is off topic for a game forum, but I had not other quick way to contact BFG, being a facebookophobe. Again, my apologies

Go to: