Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

What is the deal with this game??

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 7, 13 9:23 PM
I own every single Build a Lot game except for I believe one, but just to be safe I will say two. Definitely no less than that. And with this one - Mysteries - comes the first time I have ever come across the problem where it gets so difficult that I cant even move forward.
And the terrible part about that is that it happens on one of the very first levels of the game! I would have to take a look to be positive, but its around level 6 I think. I just cant earn enough money to get things done or ...anything.

And I'd like to think of myself as somewhat of an expert at these things. So that's really saying something. I dunno if they really put enough thought into how this game should run and that's especially clear when you look at the unrealistically hard goals to pass these levels early on.

I dunno...is it just me? Like I said, I usually excel at the B.A.L. games and in this genre in general.

jasperboy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:What is the deal with this game??

[Post New]by jasperboy on Sep 23, 13 8:49 PM
I HAVE BOUGHT EVERY BUILD A LOT GAME AND THIS IS THE FIRST ONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A WALKTHROUGH. WHY????? NOT ONLY THAT, BUT NO ONE ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS OR HELPS YOU GO THROUGH THE GAME.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 25, 13 12:55 AM
Hi - there is a walkthrough, listed in this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/252719.page

and there are plenty of people who have provided help on this game...

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Jun 23, 14 10:21 AM
Alas, I miss the "good old days" when they had verbal walkthroughs rather than videos. The one I found for this game is especially frustrating, because they are in groups of three. Who wants to watch two clips about levels you have finished to get to the one you need. Besides, usually you are only stuck on one part, and don't really need to watch the whole boring clip.

Maybe it is just my age! I prefer words to clips.........just like I almost always like the book far more than the movie.

[Post New]by honeybee0042 on Jul 3, 14 4:22 AM
I agree--watching someone else play a level (or two or three) is not the same as a walkthrough, even if the video does show how they accomplished the goals. It moves too fast at critical points and still makes me wait through boring parts (waiting for a house to sell, for example), while not providing overall tips (take a look at the walkthrough for Build-a-Lot 3 by comparison).

For me, there should be a verbal walkthrough that does something like list your goals including the late goals (which otherwise might stop you from getting expert time) and steps that I can jot down for the one that is giving me grief.

Go to: