bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Magic Cauldron Chaos

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 9, 13 12:29 AM
Lisa is an inventive witch, highly skilled in the art of crafting potions. One day, however, one of her potions goes awry and opens a rift that drops her in another world. This strange world is made up of floating islands inhabited by peaceful gnomes and thieving imps. Only the gnomes know how to get Lisa back home to her own world. But first, she must help them defeat the imps who have been stealing all of their magic potion ingredients. By constructing resource buildings and matching potion ingredients, Lisa can clear the way across the five islands for the gnomes to gather the artifacts that will open the portal home.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:Magic Cauldron Chaos

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 9, 13 5:35 AM
My friend Cherb tells me in the review thread that there is no untimed option for this game. That tells me to avoid it - if the developers can't be bothered to provide this option then I can't be bothered to buy it. Hopefully they (whoever they are) will provide one for their next game (if there is one). As always, try it for yourself - maybe you'll be able to beat the clock! If not, then you are doomed to replay the level over and over and over and over....

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Sep 9, 13 6:09 AM
No way to turn off timer = no sale. I won't even try the game.

[Post New]by jstormfire on Sep 9, 13 1:53 PM
I noticed there isn't an untimed choice which I probably need because I can't get off level 2. You have to make a blue potion and a green potion. I can make one potion just fine but when it comes to making the second one I'm a lost bird in high weeds. I only have 3 spots, I use one for the well and the other 2 I use for the blue and green flowers. When I'm through making the blue potion I don't have a way to make any green water for the green flowers. I don't see a way to change the well colors, so, I just sit there and watch the timer run down. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks much.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 10, 13 12:33 AM
jstormfire wrote:I noticed there isn't an untimed choice which I probably need because I can't get off level 2. You have to make a blue potion and a green potion. I can make one potion just fine but when it comes to making the second one I'm a lost bird in high weeds. I only have 3 spots, I use one for the well and the other 2 I use for the blue and green flowers. When I'm through making the blue potion I don't have a way to make any green water for the green flowers. I don't see a way to change the well colors, so, I just sit there and watch the timer run down. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks much.

I don't know if this is the way the devs planned it or not but this is what I did ...

To change the colour of the water bottle get a worker to pick up the unwanted bottle and when he is standing by the well holding it click on him and a recycle bin will appear click that to drop the unwanted bottle in. Quickly click the well and then, at the bottom where you selected the original colour, click the colour of the bottle you want to change to and the well will start making that colour instead.

This method also works for changing the colour of a flower garden.

Happy gaming.

Go to: