bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Post any Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs technical issues here only

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 10, 13 1:45 AM
It's failed to download 3 times - taking too long, I think.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 2:28 AM
Hi vicalana,

Sorry to hear that!

For download issue like this, the first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 10, 13 2:50 AM
Thank you - I'll try that.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Sep 10, 13 3:06 AM
Played ten ten minutes and the game locked up twice on me,no buy.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Sep 10, 13 5:28 AM
First time ever got msg that the .exe file "contained a virus and was deleted".

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 10, 13 6:20 AM
Can't even download free trial. It tells me the game is not available, error 760. Sounds like another glitchy game...

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 6:32 AM
kjos -If you have tried updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we can provide via the Forums.

BronzeLady - That warning isn't uncommon and a process called 'whitelisting' (which is basically a way to tell your antivirus that Big Fish games are safe) will prevent that message from appearing should you try to install the game again.

The help article here gives advice on how to do perform 'whitelisting'.

lolaluv For an error message like that, the first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Hoping this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Sep 10, 13 3:37 PM
I just purchased this game using a game code, however, I cannot get the game to play. I did not play the trial version first. Maybe I should have....so now I have a game that will not play at all....and there is nothing wrong with my computer...I have all of my updates !! What do I do now !!!!???

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 11, 13 4:35 AM
blue screen twice, corrupted files when trying to do the lock at the door...will uninstall and think about whether I want to crash this computer a third time over a iffy game. All other games running fine.
kris

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Sep 11, 13 10:45 AM
get to charles coat and it says i guess charles didn't lie then get access error

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 11, 13 5:28 PM
ELadyG1013, I'd suggest running the game as an administrator to ensure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run smoothly.

kris_cross48, usually when a game is crashing like that, it means that something isn't communicating 100% with the computer. I'd suggest checking for updates to make sure everything will run as smoothly as possible.

debutaunt100, HERE is a handy help article with details about how to proceed after running into access violation errors.

As always, if these suggestions don't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specialized instructions on sorting through these issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Sep 11, 13 5:36 PM
The game downloaded OK but when I went to play it all I got was a cursor and black screen.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Sep 11, 13 10:42 PM
says I have it installed so now what

bfgDeveron wrote:ELadyG1013, I'd suggest <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748">running the game as an administrator</a> to ensure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run smoothly.

kris_cross48, usually when a game is <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">crashing</a> like that, it means that something isn't communicating 100% with the computer. I'd suggest checking for updates to make sure everything will run as smoothly as possible.

debutaunt100, <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">HERE</a> is a handy help article with details about how to proceed after running into access violation errors.

As always, if these suggestions don't help, please feel free to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> so one of our Reps can offer more specialized instructions on sorting through these issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 13 3:00 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to launch for you, this normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they should.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 13, 13 11:00 AM
I was able to play and finish the game, but I had to exit out two different times and each time I exited, I got some kind of exit error I never saw before. Just thought I would let you BF guys know. But at least I was able to finish the game.

feenix

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 18, 13 3:24 PM
Hello feenix2011,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I will certainly a make a note of that in case the issue comes up again.

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to finish your game. I hope you enjoyed that!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by BNBSCHRACK on Sep 22, 13 5:44 PM
I seem to have a glitch in the area where the game "portraits" is I can complete that but going into the hall the cursor freezes and the small cursor fades in and out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled hoping to see if that helped..it didnt

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 23, 13 12:53 PM
BNBSCHRACK wrote:I seem to have a glitch in the area where the game "portraits" is I can complete that but going into the hall the cursor freezes and the small cursor fades in and out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled hoping to see if that helped..it didnt

I had that problem, too, but it was brief. I just quit the game and game manager, then opened them again and it worked. You might want to try updating your Flash player, as I've found that helps with many types of glitches in various games I've played. If that does nothing, then you can always do a Dr. Felix report and send it to Tech Support.

Good luck!

Edited on 09/23/2013 at 12:56:38 PM PST

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Dec 14, 13 6:03 PM
About half way through game and cannot continue due to multiple crashes. Play on a Mac Version 10.7.5.

Go to: