creating monsters

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

creating monsters

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Sep 10, 13 12:49 PM
Does anyone know where to find a complete list of how to create all monsters?

Edited on 06/20/2014 at 2:31:53 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:creating monsters

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 10, 13 3:39 PM
Hey CandyDay1,

That's a good question. I don't know of a resource like that myself, but I do know there are quite a few different combinations and monsters to create. I'll bring this up with our team here and see if we can get a guide together for that!

I hope you're enjoying the game,

bfgSeine

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 10, 13 8:31 PM
Doesn't the Monster Menu in the store list all the monsters as they become available to breed or which must be bought (based on player level), and show what monsters can be parents via the symbols on the "hybrid" monsters? Since there is some choice about the parents (more than one leaf monster, for example), and either one produces the same result, and since new monsters for sale that can't be bred are listed with their symbol, I'm not sure why a list of all possible parent combos would be that useful...? Am I missing something here? I haven't been playing that long.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 11, 13 1:19 PM
Yes, the Monster tab in the Store does show all available monsters.

All of them, except the four basic elemental monsters (stone, water, ice and plant), cost a lot of Diamonds to purchase. So the Clue is to only buy those four basic monsters and breed the rest.

The Store list is excellent to use as a crossbreeding chart, because it shows what elements each monster consists of. If the monster you wish to breed needs two elements, you cross two basic elemental monsters. But if Your monster needs 3 or 4 elements, you must cross two already crossbred monsters to get what you want. Those more Advanced crossbreedings often go wrong and give you one of the parents instead of a New breed, so you may need to try several times.

FishyKC
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by FishyKC on Sep 11, 13 7:07 PM
Spoiler Alert. This should get you started. Excuse the typos.

Shrubb = Potbelly & Noggin
Oaktopus = Potbelly & Toejammer
Furcorn = Potbelly & Mammott
Fwog = Toejammer & Noggin
Drumpler = Noggin & Mammott
Maw = Mammott & Toejammer
Pummel = Fwog & Potbelly
Clamble = Drumpler & Potbelly
Bowgart = Maw & Potbelly
T-Rox = Fwog & Mammott
Entbrot = Potbelly & T-Rox
Tweedle = buy in the market
Dandidoo = Tweedle & Potbelly
Quibble = Tweedle & ToeJammer
Pango = Tweedle & Mammott
Spunge = Tweedle & Oaktopus
Thumpies = Tweedle & Furcorn
Congle = Tweedle & Maw
Deedge = Bowgart & Tweedle
Cybop = Tweedle & Nogging
PomPom = Tweedle & Drumpler
Scups = Tweedle & Fwog
Riff = Congle & Noggin
Reedling = Tweedle & Shrubb
Shelbeat = Scups & Potbelly
Quarrister = PomPom & Potbelly
Shugabush = Clamble & Bowgart

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 8:39:55 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 11, 13 9:55 PM
annatar wrote:Yes, the Monster tab in the Store does show all available monsters.

Thank you - I had figured out what you said about how to use the store, but I thought maybe some higher level monster crossbreeds might not be shown - being only level 11 I know there are plenty more to come!

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 11, 13 10:10 PM
cat52 wrote:
annatar wrote:Yes, the Monster tab in the Store does show all available monsters.

Thank you - I had figured out what you said about how to use the store, but I thought maybe some higher level monster crossbreeds might not be shown - being only level 11 I know there are plenty more to come!

Well, it's simply logic, because all possible combinations of the four elements are on the list. You can't make any more on the first island.

On the second island, on the other hand, there will be a Fifth element, air, which should make the list much longer. I haven't gotten that far yet, but if you visit the top listed islands, you will find a well tended second island on the list. (Currently in Third Place.) There are a lot of new monsters there!

Edited on 09/11/2013 at 10:15:55 PM PST

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on Sep 12, 13 4:18 AM
It has been my experience while in the little shop and viewing the types of monsters for sale, there were elemental symbols beneath their image. the core group of monsters that you can purchase with coins only had one symbol, while the monsters that could be purchased with diamonds had multiple symbols.

By combining, for example, the leaf and the snow flake symbols it created the tiny green monster (sorry,can't remember its name) It's the very first one in the shop that sells for 30 diamonds. I just followed the order in which the symbols appeared under their image; according to the way they were displayed in the shop.

Take the Maw (the pink monster that shaped like a ball) for instance; it has the water symbol and the snow flake symbol underneath it. All I did was take the toe jammer (b/c it had a water drop symbol and the white marmot (the white looking bigfoot/yeti looking monster) because it had a snowflake symbol beneath his image in the store. So, the way I saw how the Maw's elemental symbols were arranged underneath it, i just plugged in the monsters in the order in which their symbol(s) were displayed under the desired monster offspring I wanted. Hope this helps a bit.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 12, 13 7:05 AM
Thanks, annatar, I had not progressed far enough in the game to know if all the combinations were used - and it isn't just all possible combinations of four single elements, because there are some 3-element and 4-element monsters, which I'm assuming are all included in the game; but there might have been five-, six-, seven- or eight-element monsters -- or even higher if those were allowed -- that are not displayed on the principle of "okay, player, you surely get the idea by now!"

However, I DO note one important observation you made, which is that second-generation hybrid breeding can go wrong. I'd assume that's because you "split" the symbols into individual parents wrong - especially for a 3-element monster, which two go with one parent and which third stands alone? If that matters, and it sounds like you are saying it does, then YES, a llist of how to create the hybrids would prevent erroneous cross-breeding. So my original question is answered - thanks!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 12, 13 11:57 AM
Hello All,

This is a great resource and super helpful! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it so it's easy to find for all of our Singing Monsters gamers.

bfgDeveron

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 9:36 AM
Ahhh!!! I tried breeding potbelly and drumpler and got another potbelly named Thorny! I didn't want another potbelly, I was trying to get a clamble. I see from the above list of combinations that I had the parents right, so why didn't I get a clamble? I put potbelly as the first parent and drumpler as the second, but should I have reversed this order to get the needed clamble? I don't see why that should make the difference since I still had both parents correct, but can someone verify this for me please?

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 9:38:06 AM PST

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Sep 15, 13 12:48 PM
FishyFemale wrote:Ahhh!!! I tried breeding potbelly and drumpler and got another potbelly named Thorny! I didn't want another potbelly, I was trying to get a clamble. I see from the above list of combinations that I had the parents right, so why didn't I get a clamble? I put potbelly as the first parent and drumpler as the second, but should I have reversed this order to get the needed clamble? I don't see why that should make the difference since I still had both parents correct, but can someone verify this for me please?

FishyFemale, there are 3 known combinations that can produce a Clamble. Highlight the text below to see the 3 combinations.

• Potbelly and Drumpler
• Noggin and Furcorn
• Mammott and Shrubb

The order you put the parents in is not supposed to matter. Keep in mind that the more elements the monster has, the harder it can be to breed it. That is especially true of the 4-element monsters. The Clamble is a 3-element monster, so it is possible that you will get one of the parents instead of the desired monster, at least some of the time. So far, I have gotten all of my desired 3-element monsters on the first try. I wish I could say the same for the 4-element monsters though. I can't remember which combination I used to get my first clamble. I've been trying to get a lengendary monster called the Shugabush, but all I seem to get are more clamble monsters. I really want a Shugabush. I have two 4-element Entbrats so far, but I have tried many, many times, only to get more T-Rox monsters.

All of the 3-element monsters have 3 possible combinations. The 4-element monsters have 7 possible combinations. Unfortunately, all you can do is keep trying. I do try to use monsters that don't take as long to breed, just in case I don't get the one I want. That way, I don't have to wait so long to try again.

[Post New]by Teddywz on Sep 15, 13 1:07 PM
I can't even get my first egg to hatch !! Can anyone help me PLEASE !!!

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Sep 15, 13 1:15 PM
Teddywz wrote:I can't even get my first egg to hatch !! Can anyone help me PLEASE !!!

Teddy, what do you mean when you say it won't hatch? Do you mean that you have an egg in the nursery and it won't come out? Or do you mean that you aren't getting the desired monster?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 1:23 PM
Thanks, Disbeliever, for your good suggestions. It's still frustrating when you don't get what you thought you'd get after waiting soooo long for them to breed and incubate. It's too bad I can't take one of those clambles (sp?) off your hands for you since that's the one I need right now. Before you answered, I looked the monster list over and thought about doing the mammott + shrubb combo. Maybe I'll try that next since I forgot what's in the hopper right now and need to wait for it to hatch to see what pops out. After I thought I was getting my clamble, I had planned on doing the T-Rox next but now I'm just confused. I had done things out of order (originally skipped over Shrubb because he wasn't "cute" enough for me) but knew he belonged on the island too, and thought maybe that was what threw off the clamble breeding but I guess not. Now I want to do things in order as they appear on the monster list to keep my head straight because after the disastrous non-clamble breeding, an extra maw hatched. WTH? I think I remember seeing a reddish blob on the breeding table before I put it in the nursery, so maybe that should have been a clue that I chose the wrong parents? I just wish there was a way to delete it before it goes into the nursery so that time won't be wasted getting something I didn't want. I kinda wondered why the breeding period didn't last long but the incubation made up for that.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 1:27 PM
Teddwz, if your egg is in the nursery and you see the thought cloud with the breaking egg in it, then it's ready for you. Just click on the thought cloud and it'll release. If you click on the egg itself, nothing will happen.

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Sep 15, 13 2:03 PM
FishyFemale, I do understand your frustration. I've had many, many misfires. Like you, I would give anything if they would make it so we can delete it the minute we see it's not what we want. That is especially true of the 8 and 12 hour monsters. We lose 16-24 hours every time we get one of those and it's not what we want. Right now, on my Plant Island, I have 6 T-Rox, and I've sold quite a few to make room for my misfires. They are very good money earners, though their max earnings are not as good as my 4-element Entbrats and Deeges. The level 15 earnings for each is as follows:

T-Rox = 192 coins per minute, with a max of 25,920.
Entbrat = 288 coins per minute, with a max of 134,784.
Deege = 180 coins per minute, with a max of 207,360.

Oh, and I would gladly give you one of my Clambles if it would let me. I'm stuck with another one in the nursery right now. ugh! You really didn't choose the wrong pair. I'm pretty sure I used the same ones you originally did, and I got it on the first try. Also, you don't have to follow any order in this game. What you have on the island right now doesn't affect the chances of getting any other monsters, unless you need a specific monster to breed another one. But, like I said, every 3 and 4 element monster has multiple combinations. Oh, and just one more heads up—whenever possible, use a 3-element monster paired with a 1-element monster when trying for a 4-element monster. Your chance of success will usually be greater.

If you would like to PM me, I will give you info on places that will give you tons of info on breeding combinations, as well as loads of info about each monster. One site even has a list of each monster, with a picture of each egg. You can right click on the egg to open a new tab or window, and you will get a lot of useful info about that monster. That has come in handy for me so many times. You can usually tell what you're getting by the breeding time. But, that's not always the case when you use 3-element monsters, as many of them will have the same 8 or 12 hour breeding time. The only bad thing about these two sites is that they are loaded with advertisements, and navigation is not easy. Once you know who they are, it's better to Google what you're looking for, and just click on their website. Believe me, they are always on the first page of results.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 2:22 PM
I just noticed something that I hadn't seen before. On top of my breeding machine are two colorful balls. The left is orange and the right is green. Hopefully, this is the drumpler and potbelly combo that I'm hoping will hatch me the cramble that I need. I never noticed this before so I visited the other islands and saw other colors that were breeding and/or waiting to be hatched. Duh!

I'm bracing myself for another unsuccessful union so I won't be too disappointed, but am hoping this one will work out right. Then there's still the T-Rox and that other big thing whose name I can't remember. Entwhat? I like the looks of him but not the sound. He sounds like what passes for "singing" in some genre of music whose name escapes me now. I plan to keep him small and on the fringes of the island because he ruins the band's sound to me so I want him silenced as much as possible without actually muting him. The shrubb's sound isn't much better. Although not as "bad" sounding as the other one, his sounds like the scratching done on records by the deejay in a nightclub. Again, the word describing this process escapes me but I just don't like that type of music, so I put him on the fringes too. I just wish there was a way to vary the volume for each individual monster.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 15, 13 3:11 PM
I'm currently in level 13 and one of the goals I have to do in order to get to the next level is that I have to breed 3 more Bowgarts!?! Why do I need 3 more? I like the one I have already, along with the string sound he makes, but I never would have wanted more than one myself. I guess that's just the requirements of moving up a level, like having to buy one of the statues that nobody yet lists as one of their "likes". I have it sitting by itself away from everything else so I don't forget about it once I get a new monster that lists it as one of their "likes". Guess I'll be staying at level 13 for awhile until I figure out how to correctly breed what I still need to get to the next level. PIty too since I'm so close to level 14 but I still need a T-Rox, and that other big thing IN ADDITION to the 3 Bowgarts! Yeah, I'm staying in level 13 for quite a while. That's for sure.

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Sep 15, 13 4:41 PM
I am currently on level 19 and have yet to hatch an Entbrat or 3 Bowgarts, so it is possible to move up in levels without achieving all the goals. The way to level up is to acquire XP points by baking items, upgrading structures, removing obstacles like rocks and trees, and placing new monsters. I had to do a lot of baking (and I hate cooking) and upgrading structures to get to new levels. The goals give you bonus money and XP points which help obtain new levels faster, but they are not required.
Even if you don't want the 3 extra Bowgarts, by breeding them, you'll get the extra bonuses that come with reaching that goal, and then you can sell the extra Bowgarts to earn more money and make room for new monsters. Good luck. I Love this game!

Go to: