bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for 3D Puzzle Venture

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 11, 13 1:39 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of 3D Puzzle Venture ? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the 3D Puzzle Venture page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for 3D Puzzle Venture

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 11, 13 1:39 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Sep 11, 13 4:15 AM
I didn't play the demo for long, I was intrigued by the 3D and thought the puzzles would be 3D but they are not.

This is a typical 2D puzzle game with a gallery that appears 3D.

It doesn't have many pieces and they all display the correct way, i.e. you don't have to turn them. This makes the puzzles rather easy and as there are not many puzzle pieces in most of the puzzles, there isn't much of challenge.

There aren't any docking stations for the pieces either but with the puzzles I could see ranging from 40 to 56 pieces each these weren't necessary. However, if you have a small screen things may get a bit crowded.

Nice game, it works well, good tutorials, you can even create your own customised puzzles although I didn't try this. I'd rather stick to the other puzzle games I already own.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Sep 11, 13 5:09 AM
I was hoping we would be building 3D puzzles. Alas, it was not to be. I have enough puzzle games already, I don't need this one.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 11, 13 7:32 AM
Okay Jigsaw Game, 3D Style

BASED ON DEMO

At first glance, this is a not especially good jigsaw game.

There are the features you’d expect...

*40 pictures in 4 categories (nothing really wow’d me)
*choose number of pieces 40 – 1030
*choose background
*completed image display options
*3D gallery for completed games
*timer

And some you may not expect...

* a puzzle editor to create your own (not available in trial)
*choose windowed or full screen, resolution, aspect, graphics quality
*sliders for sound and music (which is pretty good)

And there is the selling point – do all this in 3D! Well, sorta.

Well, it’s novelty value working for it. Imagine your jigsaw is stuck on the joy stick of your game controller. You can use the mouse or the arrow keys to swivel it around in alarming ways, up/down, forward/back (zoom), left/right.

It gives you some interesting viewpoints of the jigsaw, and I quite enjoyed playing around with it. But I’m unsure if it serves any real purpose.

I didn’t find it as appealing as other jigsaw games out there.

I don't recommend this game!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Sep 11, 13 10:08 AM
I prefer games where you can automatically separate the sides. I somehow got a puzzle that had a lot of pieces and I didn't want to waste my time sorting through the pieces. It's much more difficult to sort through the pieces than with a real jigsaw puzzle. I do like the feature where you can download your own pics. I wouldn't buy this one.

[Post New]by Laurelleah on Sep 11, 13 10:55 AM
It would also be good if the pieces weren't piled up right at the start, or if there was a button to arrange pieces in rows. I spent way too much time simply uncovering pieces. And it would be good if the pieces would lock into place on the puzzle when you get them into the right spot.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Sep 11, 13 2:06 PM
I generally enjoy jigsaw puzzle games, but this thing was ghastly. There is no real 3-D, just a "tilt-a-whirl" feature that may make you motion sick. There was no way to pick up more than one piece at a time, and you had to scrounge all over the place trying to find pieces. You cannot sort pieces. In short, this has absolutely none of the features that make doing jigsaw puzzles fun. This is a DEFINITE thumbs down for me. Which is too bad, because I was looking forward to a game with real 3-D features. (You can actually buy 3-D jigsaw puzzles now... And maybe if I didn't have cats...!

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 17, 13 2:42 PM
I too noticed it is not 3-d. My only comment is the gallery does not have enough spaces for all the puzzles, unless I am missing something. I don't want to delete any.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 17, 13 2:43 PM
I too noticed it is not 3-d. My only comment is the gallery does not have enough spaces for all the puzzles, unless I am missing something. I don't want to delete any.

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Sep 22, 13 9:48 PM
I really enjoy this game. I'm a jigsaw nut, and was pleased to see a new one offered. I wasn't too sure about the whole 3-D thing, but I demoed it and really found it intriguing. There are 40 puzzles offered and each can be built in many different ways, depending on the number of pieces you choose - up to more than 1,000 pieces. If you don't care for the puzzles offered, or want more, you can use your own pictures or images from the internet and make them into puzzles, so there is really no limit to the number of puzzles you can enjoy with this game. You don't find that in most puzzle games. The game board itself is a little hard to get used to, but I found a puzzle I liked and started with about 200 pieces, so I could learn to use my mouse to correctly control the board. By the time I had finished the little puzzle, I wasn't having any trouble at all in moving around the board. One of my very favorite things is how big you can make the puzzle and pieces. You can zoom in and really get SO much detail in the puzzle pieces that I almost enjoy it like a hidden object game. I choose to have the image beneath the pieces. I decide on an area to build, zoom in, see what I need, then go searching for the pieces I need and it works really well for me that way, and does give it that "hidden object" feeling. There is, I admit, a drawback or two. I really, really wish there was a sort button for the edges. I'm one who likes to build the entire frame of the puzzle before beginning the rest, so I must spend some time sorting and then building the frame. There is no place to sort pieces to - or to remove some pieces to get them out of the way. Jigsaw Boom, for example, has a "box" you can put pieces into to get them out of the way. You won't find that in this game, but the game "board" itself is quite large and there is lots of room for sorting. It's just not quite as convenient as some other games. I also wish the pieces "stuck" to the board like they do in Jigsaw Boom. In Jigsaw Boom, when you find a piece, it "sticks" to the board, so you don't have to worry about the pieces wandering about or getting knocked loose while you're doing other building. This is a feature that would really make this a better game - add a sticky feature and a sorting option or two, and this would be a great game. As it is, it's a good game for someone like me who adores jigsaw puzzles and I appreciate the challenges that this game offers.

[Post New]by kamya123 on Mar 31, 14 1:38 AM
Get the most authoritative, unbiased reviews for the latest PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360,3DS, and DS video games
for more visit [url=http://gamingterminal.blogspot.in/GAMES [/url]

Go to: