No credit for chasing ghosts away

[Post New]by betsy_zurizzy on Sep 11, 13 6:52 PM
Hi all,
I have two tasks that involve chasing ghosts away from a specific location:
"Ghosts in the Manor" to chase them from the study
"Mysterious Pathway" to chase them from the museum of perfume.
No ghosts were appearing at these sites, so I changed the mode to a "ghost" mode by giving cards to Felicia. In the study, I explored to get rid of the ghost, and in the museum of perfume I had an item in my backpack to chase it away. But in both cases, my task is still undone--I was not given credit for it. Is there a trick to this that I am missing, or is this just not working? Has anybody out there gotten past one of these tasks?

Thanks!

Re:No credit for chasing ghosts away

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 11, 13 6:57 PM
Betsy,

It's been my experience that it has to be a specific "ghost" that needs to be removed, so make sure you are banishing the right one- if nothing else, whatever you banish will count towards the weekly "Legend" contest...

[Post New]by betsy_zurizzy on Sep 11, 13 7:19 PM
Hi FairHaven,
I wish the tasks were clearer and spelled it out. I will pay more attention to the type of ghosts in future. Thanks for the tip!

Mrsdayrow
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by Mrsdayrow on Sep 11, 13 10:04 PM
betsy,
I too have those same 2 ghost tasks just sitting there looking at me. I have had others that took a day or two to resolve themselves ie the ghost finally showed up at the right place. Hang in there and keep checking those areas. Thats all I can say.

Mrsdayrow
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by Mrsdayrow on Sep 12, 13 10:27 PM
No ghosts at the Museum of Perfume or the Dungeon. How about you betsy, did you
get those ghost tasks done?

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Sep 26, 13 11:57 AM
Hey guys - turns out that for the "Ghosts in the Manor" task, it IS one specific type of ghost (took me a few e-mails with CS and several failed attempts to figure this out). The plain, white ghosts are the only ones that count for progress toward this task. You can banish all the twilight genies or marine queens you want (even though those are considered ghosts too!) but only the plain white ones will count.

I think there's a bad discrimination joke in here, but I won't be the one to make it. I'm just too happy to move this task off my home screen!

Go to: