bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 13 1:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

Re:Post any Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kegggie on Sep 12, 13 2:46 AM
Not sure if this counts as a technical problem but the link from the main program page to the forums for the game did not work at 9am UK time (1am Seattle) and just the search page appeared even though the intro messages in other threads for the game are timed at 12.29am.

Edited on 09/12/2013 at 2:47:39 AM PST

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:Post any Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 12, 13 4:41 AM
I think I have actually found something wrong. I'm trying to do the hidden object scene in the dungeon with the pentagon shaped bricked up windows on the right hand wall. I'm supposed to find a symbol but even though I click in the middle of the hint ring I still can't find it. And I know I'm not going to be able to go any further in the game till I can find it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 12, 13 5:40 AM
Hi folks!

Kegggie - I can confirm this is the normal time for the forums to appear. The Flounder threads are created at 12.29 am PST but the forum itself goes live an hour later.

The time is 9.33 am GMT precisely in case that helps!

Althena533 - I am sorry that this object is not responding for you.

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

In addition, you could try creating a new player profile, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Sep 12, 13 12:27 PM
I am at the point in the game where you are at the globin place and the I get a RUNIN TIME Error. What is UP?

[Post New]by Lady_Jesse_89 on Sep 12, 13 2:20 PM
Yeah, I tried to play the demo and it popped up with a Error Access Violation 0x00000 or something like that. I've had this happen with several of your games and I'm wondering what the deal is??

Not happy that I can't even play the demo on this

[Post New]by securefed on Sep 12, 13 8:06 PM
I, too, am getting the message:

"Error: Access violation at 0x00000000 (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated."

I tried uninstalling, re-downloading and re-installing the game and received the same error.

I am running Windows Vista - if that makes a difference.

I hope you can provide a solution for us.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Sep 12, 13 9:12 PM
I purchased this game and cannot get it to download. It stopped at 84% while validating. I deleted it. I tried again to download and now it won't start at all and says Error 5. I do not see anywhere what an Error 5 means. Any help/info will be appreciated. Thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 13, 13 2:56 AM
Hi folks!

VTCT - What a shame you are seeing that message! To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

For those seeing an access violation message, please have a look at the following help article which provides advice for the error you are seeing.

Access Violation

Faylyn - for this error, I would suggest contacting Tech Support Team attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and specify that you are looking for help with the Error code 5, so they can make some specific suggestions.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 13, 13 7:28 AM
I played the demo, no problem. Now that I have bought the game, when I click to play, a screen pops up saying thank you for playing. I have uninstalled, will reinstall and see if that fixes it. The problems with these games seems to happen too often. It is getting ridiculous. Playing the demos is fine but once I pay for it the problems begin.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 13, 13 2:02 PM
Hello griffgirl,

I'd like to try having you run that game as an administrator. This will ensure that the game has all of the permissions that it needs to play.

If that doesn't work, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a look at what's going on and offer some options to help your games run more smoothly.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Sep 13, 13 7:06 PM
I too frequently have a problem once I purchase a game. The free demo plays fine and then once I purchase the game, it won't work on the same computer. In the case of Flights of Fancy I used two game club credits that I had been saving for a collectors edition and now it won't work on the computer I played the demo. BF it seems like this shouldn't happen.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 13 2:16 AM
Hi Monkeymom1000,

You're right, this should be happening.

Without a better sense of what is going wrong with the games though, I am not too sure what to suggest for the best though.

Hence, I encourage you to contact our Tech Support Team so we can provide advice for each game, or at the very least, ensure that you are not left with game(s) you cannot enjoy.

It would be really helpful if you could list all the games with which you are having trouble and provide a brief description of the issue for each.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Hopefully, we will get o the bottom of the trouble real soon but thank you in advance for working with us,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/14/2013 at 2:17:18 AM PST

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Sep 14, 13 8:11 AM
I played demo no problem. Bought the game, when activating it keep saying Error 208 "game not found" Did everything the help page said to do and nothing. Finally got my money back and have cancelled my membership for good. Too many problems with BF lately. Not worth the frustration.

[Post New]by kcolonna1 on Sep 14, 13 2:05 PM
Hi There,
I am at the point where I need to use the cross and the oil on the cage to get the owlet. The forum says I need to use my fairy on the reeds - the magic is in the bear with the fang. I already used the fang on the bear - looks like she has magic - can't get back to the bear (he is inactive since I used the fang) - but, she says she has no magic. I can't go any further in the game. I think this is a technical bug. Can you help?
Thanks,
Krista

[Post New]by docbrush on Sep 14, 13 2:45 PM
I am at the same point and have the same issue (Need to use the cross and oil, but have no magic for the fairy). Have backtracked everywhere and followed the strategy guide and do not see a solution.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 13 3:13 AM
Hi folks!

I am sorry you are both having this trouble.

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for some more specific advice.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Sep 15, 13 9:52 AM
Three times, at different points, the game froze and I had to manually shut down my computer. When I restarted the game, each time received the message that the "save file was corrupted." I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but still the same problem. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 7.

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 5:51:18 PM PST

[Post New]by DebA0987 on Sep 15, 13 10:32 AM

Me too, I have windows 8

securefed wrote:I, too, am getting the message:

"Error: Access violation at 0x00000000 (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated."

I tried uninstalling, re-downloading and re-installing the game and received the same error.

I am running Windows Vista - if that makes a difference.

I hope you can provide a solution for us.

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 10:32:47 AM PST

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Sep 15, 13 11:56 AM
During the bonus game there is a HOS scene where you need to erase the chalkboard. when I go to pick up the eraser, the curser turns into a hand a couple inches in front of it, and to pick it up, I have to click at that space, not on the item. When I bring it over the chalkboard it does not interact, tried clicking it all over the board. usually works in place where had turned into magnifying glass, saying I need to start over with the picture on the board, but no luck. so dead in the water on it.

Go to: