kristi9
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

The Fairy

[Post New]by kristi9 on Sep 12, 13 1:38 PM
How does your fairy get magic dust to perform her duties as suggested to get rid of the mean dog at the gate. Thanks for any help.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:The Fairy

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 12, 13 1:49 PM
You need to find her spell first.

Highlight below for spoiler:
The spell is inside the lantern of the carriage at the start. You can open the lantern with the sharp letter and the wolf you get from the artist.

Fzzzpopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Fzzzpopper on Sep 14, 13 10:10 PM
Thanks so much, SS, I was tearing my hair out on how to get rid of the spiderwebs and the so-called strategy guide was mysteriously mum on the issue. Hope that's not a bug...

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 15, 13 3:33 AM
You're welcome! Pretty sure the SG says to cut the cobwebs with the sharp letter though...? (I wrote it, see, and my version definitely says "Cut the cobwebs with the SHARP LETTER; open the lantern with the WOLF and take the Wolf Spell (F)." )

Fzzzpopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Fzzzpopper on Sep 15, 13 11:09 AM
Pretty sure the SG says to cut the cobwebs with the sharp letter though...?

Honestly, I just could...not...find it! I'm not saying it's not in the SG - it probably is! - just that I couldn't find it to save my life...er, game.

I used 8 minutes of my trial searching the SG to figure out how to get through the cobwebs; however, in the interest of transparency, I should tell you that I was expecting to use a brush or something, though, so I was most likely looking for a brush-related solution sub-consciously. I even started from the very beginning of the SG and went page by page but, then again, I have a well-documented tendency to overlook the exact thing that I need when I'm in a panic, lol!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 16, 13 3:51 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to "tell you off" for not ready the SG properly or anything! I just got worried that something had gone missing from the guide between my version and the published version. I've not known that to actually ever happen, though - BFG is pretty sharp about catching these things - but theoretically it's not impossible.

But yeah, in my house I don't really remove a lot of cobwebs with sharp letters either But in these games you have to use whatever you can get your hands on!

Go to: