KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

How does this qualify for a TGT?

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Sep 13, 13 5:15 AM
How does this qualify as a new game for members under TGT category? Checking the forum link, it indicates this game has been around for a while.

Is it NEW because prior to today it was only available as an online game? Kind of disappointing if that's the case. You guys running out of truly NEW games? Or is the money making opportunity too tempting? Last thing I want are games that require putting out additional money to "enhance the playing experience" (as the description puts it.) That's not what I joined BFG for. Hmmm . . too many things changing around here, and not all consider it for the better. Hope the newer members prefer the new BFG.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:How does this qualify for a TGT?

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 13, 13 6:58 AM
I have to agree.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Sep 13, 13 7:50 AM
I agree. These changes seem to be based on profit only..not caring about the people who "made" this company. We the old faithful consumers "made" this company. So very sad...nuf said

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 13, 13 9:18 AM
I have to DISagree - the TGT will have many of the "bugs" worked out that those of us that have already been playing have helped figure out.

This game is FUN.

Take advantage of the sale, too - it IS a good deal, and become a VIP member, if you can - it is well worth it.

If you read the threads, you can see that there are many avid fans of this game, and we have been listened to by BFG.

Please try the game first, and then judge.

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Sep 13, 13 11:31 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:I have to DISagree - the TGT will have many of the "bugs" worked out that those of us that have already been playing have helped figure out.

This game is FUN.

Take advantage of the sale, too - it IS a good deal, and become a VIP member, if you can - it is well worth it.

If you read the threads, you can see that there are many avid fans of this game, and we have been listened to by BFG.

Respectfully, fairhavenfish....you do read how so many people here have to wait for the SE version of a game or save up for a CE. People do not have all kinds of money, let alone $30 or $80 to buy "upgrades" or become a member of some pay-to-play computer game. The game might be very fun. Xbox is fun, too, so is Play Station but if you can't afford it, you can't force yourself or Life to magically come up with that kind of money. I agree with other posters, I was not a member of BF to be offered game that seem to come from 1990, and to spend real money on top of it. I came here to buy new, quality games for escape and entertaiment. If you are not able to buy these Pay to play games here or simply just dont want them, period, then it is like being offered nothing. These dn't belong as a TGT and its a shame this seems to be a new category of BF games. Its ironic that you can pay for a game and find people to talk to but you can't talk to your friends in the foums anyymore.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 13, 13 11:41 AM
AirCoco wrote:
fairhavenfish01 wrote:I have to DISagree - the TGT will have many of the "bugs" worked out that those of us that have already been playing have helped figure out.

This game is FUN.

Respectfully, fairhavenfish....you do read how so many people here have to wait for the SE version of a game or save up for a CE. People do not have all kinds of money, let alone $30 or $80 to buy "upgrades" or become a member of some pay-to-play computer game. The game might be very fun. Xbox is fun, too, so is Play Station but if you can't afford it, you can't force yourself or Life to magically come up with that kind of money. I agree with other posters, I was not a member of BF to be offered game that seem to come from 1990, and to spend real money on top of it. I came here to buy new, quality games for escape and entertaiment. If you are not able to buy these Pay to play games here or simply just dont want them, period, then it is like being offered nothing. These dn't belong as a TGT and its a shame this seems to be a new category of BF games. Its ironic that you can pay for a game and find people to talk to but you can't talk to your friends in the foums anyymore.

Respectfully AirCoco, no one has to spend any money on these games. There are plenty of people who spend nothing at all. So far I have spent the equivalent of a CE on Found which I've been playing since January and the equivalent of a SE on this game. This game in particular is very generous at giving you diamonds and coins during the game play.

I agree that Free2play isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I can't see what the problem is with it being the TGT... after all there can't be many people out there who can afford to buy a new game every day and like you said the majority will have to save up to buy the games they want or buy them in sales.

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Sep 13, 13 1:34 PM
Rumbitothecore, the free to play games are one thing, different, not the same as we signed up for as members. Read the description of membership, it is a NEW game every day, one day early for members. The price of the games is always the same, standard, or collectors. ~It is not possible for a free to play game to be a TGT, How is that new, and exclusive, the thing we signed up for and BFG's lure for membership?

You cannot do this to members, its not right, and its not caring about the membership. Its just money grabbing, at its worst.

Keep the two things seperate, free to play and membership for TGT,and keep to the Terms of Service for members

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 13, 13 1:48 PM
Maclin wrote:Rumbitothecore, the free to play games are one thing, different, not the same as we signed up for as members. Read the description of membership, it is a NEW game every day, one day early for members. The price of the games is always the same, standard, or collectors. ~It is not possible for a free to play game to be a TGT, How is that new, and exclusive, the thing we signed up for and BFG's lure for membership?

You cannot do this to members, its not right, and its not caring about the membership. Its just money grabbing, at its worst.

Keep the two things seperate, free to play and membership for TGT,and keep to the Terms of Service for members

Well in that case, I respectfully suggest you, and anyone else who feels strongly about it, make a formal complaint to Customer Services. There is very little point complaining about it here in the forums as it won't be reaching the right people.

It just seems like lots of people have descended into this forum, who haven't even played the game... at least there is no mention in what they write that they have tried it... and are using this forum to trash a game that many enjoy playing, because it's not a genre they like. It feels like the "Too many HOGs/TMs" wars that periodically sprang up in CCC!!

You all just need to chill and contact CS if you feel so strongly about it!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 13, 13 2:03 PM

Maybe when we go for our next exercise class, instead of just paying the monthly membership fee, after we learn all the moves and steps, we should then expect to have to pay the studio/club each time we lift our leg and to take a step to the right or left.

Oh.. don't forget that you can't drink water during your class unless you buy it from the exercise studio at inflated amounts of $... you can not bring your own water (not allowed) and besides, you don't HAVE to get thirsty while you exercise, after all.

This new trend is leaving a very fishy taste in my mouth and I don't like it... does anyone have some water I can buy at a reasonable rate?

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Sep 13, 13 3:59 PM
I am totally confused. This is a 'free' game so why is it offered as a TGT? I buy a lot of CE games from BF but I'm certainly not going to download a free game which will ultimately cost money, if I understand the concept correctly. It seems like an oxymoron to me. If I were inclined to do that, I would go to (gasp!) Facebook. I am always excited to see the new TGT offering, but this was a huge disappointment.

Edited on 09/13/2013 at 4:00:41 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 13, 13 4:15 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to clarify that we will, from time to time, be offering Free-to-Play games as the TGT. This may happen if we're really excited about a game and if we feel that it has the quality and experience we want to offer our users.

Also, at times, if a game has previously been offered via another medium (such as an online game like this one), once that's repackaged for our download audience and the Big Fish Games app, that may also be offered as the TGT.

I also wanted to post a friendly reminder of our Forum Rule to keep forum comments game related. It looks like this thread is starting to veer off-topic and if it continues in that direction, one of the Moderators may need to lock it.

Thanks everyone,

bfgDeveron

Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Maclin on Sep 14, 13 12:20 AM
I think our comments are game related, we are complaining about Rooms of Memory being used as a TGT, when it is so obviously not a new game But, having said that, it makes no difference if you close the thread or not,We have to keep our mouths shut, and feel unable to vent our frustration. Closing all the other forums means you took away our ability to say how we feel. I am so disappointed in the route BFG is taking .
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to clarify that we will, from time to time, be offering Free-to-Play games as the TGT. This may happen if we're really excited about a game and if we feel that it has the quality and experience we want to offer our users.

Also, at times, if a game has previously been offered via another medium (such as an online game like this one), once that's repackaged for our download audience and the Big Fish Games app, that may also be offered as the TGT.

I also wanted to post a friendly reminder of our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rule</a> to keep forum comments game related. It looks like this thread is starting to veer off-topic and if it continues in that direction, one of the Moderators may need to lock it.

Thanks everyone,

bfgDeveron

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 15, 13 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,

Since the conversation has remained off-topic after the previous warning by bfgDeveron, I'll be locking this discussion. Please be aware that the game forums are for the discussion of game topics only and all other posts will be removed.

Thank you,

bfgSeine

Go to: