bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Cases: The Blood Ruby Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 13 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Cases: The Blood Ruby Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 14, 13 2:44 AM
Hello dear mods,

Like many other players I too did not receive my punches, and my free game, after purchasing Thursday's game and unfortunately the same thing happened today after purchasing "Dark Cases". I'd really like to know if this is going to be fixed and when and whether it's time to contact CS or not.

Have a great weekend.

Edited on 09/14/2013 at 2:49:30 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Cases: The Blood Ruby Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 14, 13 3:01 AM
Yet again the Game Manager didn't want to download the game after purchase and it took several attempts become it condescended to do so .

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 13 3:24 AM
Good morning!

tammytheo - this issue has been resolved and punch should now have been backfilled so if you are not seeing that on your account, please pop a message through to Customer Support and someone will take a close look at your account and ensure this is resolved.

Uncooperative downloads are pretty frustrating. I am sorry to hear that you encountered this cherbtoo, if download issue become apparent with other games, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support so they can get to the root of the problem for you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/14/2013 at 3:24:45 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 14, 13 4:00 AM
Yes Baikal, like the Russian Lake , it has been resolved indeed. Thank you.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 14, 13 6:03 AM
Ding, ding, ding! We have a correct answer! Clever tammytheo!

Glad to see those punches have been added, hoping you are not far from your free game!

bfgBaikal

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Sep 14, 13 7:02 PM
Does anyone have any tech. problems with this game?

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Sep 14, 13 9:57 PM
ogrprincs wrote:Does anyone have any tech. problems with this game ?
I have tech problems. All I get is boxes where you should be able to enter your name, and the difficulty and if you want the tutorial. Then a hidden object scene came and I got no item list. What is up with this game? This must be a perfect game since nobody but me is having tech problems. Kinda hard to believe.

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 1:33:47 AM PST

[Post New]by maxdebord on Sep 15, 13 5:47 AM
I'm also having tech problems. I can't type in my name & no other words are in the boxes for difficulty, sound, custom cursor etc. Another game I won't be buying. It's too bad as it sounded good from what I read.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Sep 15, 13 1:18 PM
The Game starts and i see the icon in the taskbar, hear the intro and that's all. No game window, nothing. Reinstall dont help. System is Win 7, Geforce GTX 660 Ti with the newest drivers.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 15, 13 1:44 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with the game not loading properly or elements not displaying correctly, I recommend first trying to uninstall and reinstall the game itself. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to look further into that and offer other tips on troubleshooting those issues.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Sep 15, 13 5:06 PM
The game played fine for a while, then got a little sluggish. So I am glad to hear that I was not the only one with issues. I am still debating on whether to buy or not. Perhaps I'll see when the SE comes out, if it has the same problem, then I know it could be the game.(Maybe)

[Post New]by gatjiep1 on Sep 15, 13 10:59 PM
I use window 7 professional, when i in the game where you meet the boy and then when i click the error comes up End_Version_Text_ can you help me please

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 17, 13 4:41 PM
Hi gatjiep1,

It may help to uninstall and reinstall the game to ensure that all game files are properly installed. Information on doing that can be found here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

ogrprincs - Are any other programs running at the same time as the game? In some cases, overheating can occur when a game has been running for some time as well. If you've closed other programs down and the computer is running cool, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help out.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Sep 18, 13 2:01 PM
The demo was fine, but now that I bought it, it won't download, nor does it show up on my purchase history.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 18, 13 5:10 PM
Hello salad3,

Occasionally it can take a bit longer than normal for a game to show up in the purchase history. I took a look at your account and it looks like that game has been successfully activated now.

If that's not the case, please contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer specialized assistance to help sort this out.

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by mbsmith on Sep 23, 13 5:17 PM
Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still getting dialogue boxes with no dialogue.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 24, 13 10:48 AM
Hi mbsmith,

Another thing you can try is to make sure all game related programs are up to date. Our help article here goes over that in more detail:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the dialogue still isn't showing up, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

smce
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smce on Sep 24, 13 7:45 PM
i am also getting empty dialogue boxes. no words any where.can't see instructions,memos,or things in diary. dont know what items i am looking for. every where there should be words...its blank!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 25, 13 4:46 PM
Hi smce,

If you've tried the recommendations in my post above, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team and let them know what's going on. They'll be happy to help out so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

Go to: