Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

most frustrating Game yet after years of Games

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Sep 15, 13 6:04 AM
well this one has got me quite wound up I have to say
what with the Ghost ships and the Gun locations problems
Cant use the small Gun green poison at all or get Ghost ships
now I battled hard to defeat level 20 on 2.
Only managed a 1 shield win but was actually quite pleased with myself
Then I saw that it had not recorded the win and still showed as nothing
Grrr.
still getting the Ghost ship problem on 2 hard 13 and 16
sheesh
Those of you have managed to finish the levels with Ghost ships did you just keep going or did you use a particular technique?

wendy

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:most frustrating Game yet after years of Games

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 15, 13 2:44 PM
I'm still on easy and finally got to 2-20. I don't have the very last level of upgrades yet, but I was at least able to finish with 2 stars. If I avoided green towers I didn't appear to lose lives for no reason. Hopefully the last level of upgrades will do it. My game on hard hasn't got so far (just 2-12 and barely level 4 upgrades) but I'm hoping to use the easy difficulty to learn the strengths of the towers. I mostly use level 2 catapults because I want the area-effect and fairly long range. The two options of level 3 catapult lose one of these advantages and I haven't really found a good use for them. Maybe I'll revisit the flame-thrower catapult. But the machine-gun upgrade of cannon seems the best tower once you can afford it. Hits ground and air at fast fire-rate and in combination is a good solution for the enemies that spawn 3 little fast enemies when they die. One of the big problems is that your towers don't always choose the best target. Clicking on a target is only partially effective. From my experience of other tower defence games, like Toy Defense 1 and 2, sometimes you may need to rearrange your tower placement to get towers firing at the right targets more consistently.

I've got through all but the last wave on easy of 2-20 without losing hearts. The only thing that gets through is one or two of the blue-white ships which have staggeringly high health, if I use my most powerful setup so far. By then I have enough cash to sell and replace lots of the towers for the final wave. So lots of tinkering options. But the basic problem seems to be that if you use green towers with a big enough range to hit enemies coming on the screen, then you lose hearts for no reason. And if you use no green towers it's tough to stop everything, especially the blue-white ships.
Anyway, I'll post again when I have all the upgrades in both easy and hard difficulty.

I love the support tower. Cash and a big ring of tower buffs, fantastic. Have found no good use for the teleport tower. The sniper tower doesn't seem worthwhile, either.

Edited on 09/16/2013 at 8:58:40 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:most frustrating Game yet after years of Games

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 16, 13 3:44 PM
I posted the video of 2-20 easy 3 stars on you-tube. Search for Fort Defense 2-20 easy 3 stars. Should be available in a day or so.

Go to: