bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Monument Builders: Colosseum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 17, 13 12:29 AM
Construct the iconic Roman Colosseum and learn ancient anecdotes in Monument Builders: Colosseum!

Become the construction site manager of one of the world's most famous monuments. Clear the site, build quarries, tame lions and take on superstar gladiators. Will you be able to finish in time? Find out in this thrilling fast-paced Time Management game!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Monument Builders: Colosseum

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 17, 13 7:46 AM
I'm sorry BF this game just isn't for me, not even with expiring coupons. There is no point in purchasing a game that I know I will never play again after the first playthrough. First and foremost there was no option for a relaxed mode. The graphics simply did not appeal and I'm sure the developers worked really hard to produce this game but I'm going back to the TM games that I can play un-timed and strictly for strategy.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 17, 13 9:45 AM
Penny1942 wrote:I'm sorry BF this game just isn't for me, not even with expiring coupons. There is no point in purchasing a game that I know I will never play again after the first playthrough. First and foremost there was no option for a relaxed mode. The graphics simply did not appeal and I'm sure the developers worked really hard to produce this game but I'm going back to the TM games that I can play un-timed and strictly for strategy.

I agree, when will the devs listen to us. PLEASE GIVE A RELAXED MODE so we can have a choice.
Will not buy any game that is timed....

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Sep 17, 13 10:42 AM
Penny1942 wrote:I'm sorry BF this game just isn't for me, not even with expiring coupons. There is no point in purchasing a game that I know I will never play again after the first playthrough. First and foremost there was no option for a relaxed mode. The graphics simply did not appeal and I'm sure the developers worked really hard to produce this game but I'm going back to the TM games that I can play un-timed and strictly for strategy.

Although this game does not have an official "Relaxed Mode", the game itself does not shut you out when it times out. You just don't get the time bonus. They do give you Plenty of time to start with, but you can take as much time as you like for strategy on any level. I understand the desire for untimed versions, and I believe the dev's did listen to us and allowed for play to continue after the "timed" part is up. I am a slow player and I have been able to finish long before time ran out except on one or two levels.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 23, 13 8:14 PM
mammamia21099 wrote:Although this game does not have an official "Relaxed Mode", the game itself does not shut you out when it times out. You just don't get the time bonus. They do give you Plenty of time to start with, but you can take as much time as you like for strategy on any level. I understand the desire for untimed versions, and I believe the dev's did listen to us and allowed for play to continue after the "timed" part is up. I am a slow player and I have been able to finish long before time ran out except on one or two levels.

mammamia21099 THANK YOU!

After reading every review, both on the game's buy page and Forum page, as well as every post/thread.. you are the ONLY one to let others know, although timed, you can play past the timer AND you don't have to make Gold. Your post was literally the last one, hopefully this bumps it up so more people can see it's "timed", but lets you play past it, if you run out of time! Great post, those who can't play fast like myself (due to Disability) can now buy without total timer fear! While a no timer option would be nice, this is better than failing and being forced to replay and possiably not be able to finish the game. That's where I draw the line and will not buy no matter how much I love the game! Only will consider buying this "type of timer" (?) if I really like the game series/play.. so in this case, I'll use a PCC and get my builder fix!

I own the other's in the series.. but with no one else mentioning anything about timed/untimed/timed but play past.. I was afraid this one had taken out the ability to play past the timer!

Note to the Developer's: PLEASE put a "No Timer/Relaxed Mode" in future games. That way those looking for the time challange can still have it, while us who want to play 100% without one, can chose so too!

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Oct 5, 13 6:30 PM
I think all of the monument builder games are poorly made and all have glitches, especially Empire State Building. The times to get gold is slightly unrealistic on some levels. I do enjoy playing them though.

Go to: