Does anybody have...?

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

Does anybody have...?

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 17, 13 8:20 PM
Hey everyone! Does anyone have a unicorn I can help?

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

Re:Does anybody have...?

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 17, 13 9:09 PM
Hi EweJoy!

Just like the ghosts, the creatures that you help your neighbors with don't really affect your neighbors' land. So unfortunately, the creatures we see on our land are not the same creatures you'll find on our land when you visit, those are just randomly generated.

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 18, 13 12:50 AM
Do you mean that if I'm helping a unicorn on the property of a neighbor, I can't get the artifacts I'm looking for?

For instance, I'm trying to put together the "Key of Sparks" and have 1 of everything except the two objects to the right which are usually found in the free gifts pages. But this time, it says I can find them only by helping Mimes and Hunchbacks. The info on the Summoning Scroll says it will summon specific creatures, randomly (if that makes sense lol) but Mime and Hunchback are not on the list.

Can anyone clear up the confusion?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 18, 13 1:23 AM
Maddy, it will usually say if the charger/artifact can be found at a friend's place. If it doesn't say that, then they can only be found by helping the creatures on your own property.

The summoning scroll only refreshes/changes the creatures, so you aren't guaranteed that you will get the ones you are looking for.

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 18, 13 4:27 AM
Oh man! Here I thought we had another way to help each other!

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 18, 13 7:16 AM
The Summoning Scroll will also only summon creatures native to that area. So for instance, if you use the summoning scroll at the Bellows Manor, it will only call creatures like trees, unicorns, dryads, scarecrows, lions, etc. (the ones on the list). If you use it in Paris, it will call the mimes, jugglers, and hunchbacks (the ones that will show up on the list there). During special events, the special characters (like the Cyclops) are added to the mix.

And as Rumbi said, you aren't guaranteed that you'll get the one you're looking for, it's a matter of luck.

Hope that makes sense!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 18, 13 7:16 AM
I very rarely see unicorns. I did notice today that all my neighbors seem to have been invaded by Cyclops. Seems like everyone had at least one and a few had all four spaces with a cyclops. Very little payout for helping those

Mine , unfortunately has only scarecrows all the time and I never have enough straw...

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 18, 13 8:40 AM
Ahhhhh, thank you Rumbi and Spocalina. Now I understand! And I just got into Paris yesterday so it makes sense the game wants me to assemble the Relic used there. (Blonde moment...and yes, I am...sheepish grin)

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 18, 13 12:16 PM
Yet another question...for you players who have been playing for awhile...when higher level players are asking for gifts that we lower level players can't provide is there something else that can always come in handy that we can gift you guys? Like magic dust, dark matter, energy rocks...? What are some things we can gift you with that will still be appreciated? I don't want to gift people with stuff that's no longer useful to them. Thank you!

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 18, 13 12:59 PM
In my opinion, I'd say all 3 of the ones you listed, and energy rocks are great too... all of those are used to charge artifacts that can be used as talismans, so you can never have too many of those! But I'm curious to hear what everyone else says too.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 18, 13 1:07 PM
In addition to the ones Spocalina mentioned, and for the same reasons, I would add:

smouldering firestone, symbol of unity, sad dreams, gamma radiance, phantom blade, null atom, electric charge, energy chocolate, and energy of attraction (the magnet). Personally, I am always happy with anything!

Thank you for being such a good neighbor, EweJoy!

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 18, 13 1:23 PM
Fairhavenfish, what is the gamma radiance? Can that be gifted from a low-level player? I'm curious because I don't think I've even come across that yet, unless it was for a one-time quest I forgot about...

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 18, 13 2:30 PM
It is a free-bee gift - I think it's for something from the Ifrit Palace, which I only have a few hours left to finish...(this time around)...

[Post New]by Suburbanbanshee on Sep 18, 13 4:14 PM
Thorium ore is a very good gift, especially if you've got lots of friends with creatures that need helping!

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 18, 13 4:58 PM
thanks you guys! I feel better about how I'm gifting now that I know what's still useful!

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 18, 13 8:37 PM
Thank you for the run-down. I was trying to figure it out on my own and was sending the last freebies just before i level up to the next page. Guess that's not what needs to be done . Freebies for talismans are a smart idea!

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on Sep 19, 13 8:36 PM
govols2 wrote:I very rarely see unicorns. I did notice today that all my neighbors seem to have been invaded by Cyclops. Seems like everyone had at least one and a few had all four spaces with a cyclops. Very little payout for helping those

Mine , unfortunately has only scarecrows all the time and I never have enough straw...

Yea. That's what is a little bit annoying about the periodic challenges. It seems that when they are going on the vast majority of creatures at your neighbors' places are the creatures that have to do with the ongoing challenge. That may be great for advanced players, but I'm trying to complete the Hobbit Hut and I have 75 neighbors and only managed to get 2 hearts today grrrr... This is going to take a while. 20 more to go...

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 19, 13 10:41 PM
Thanks for the input about what gifts are useful to players at higher levels.

I don't know if this will help but today I was able to help 4 unicorns and got hearts by vising my neighbors. While we are limited to once a day to receive xp and coins you are able to visit them as many times as you want to see if the creatures or ghosts you need items from show up. With 90 awesome neighbors now the chances you'll find the one you need greatly increases.

Hope this helps.

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 19, 13 10:51 PM
I went to Paris and tried to use a summoning scroll but it says no characters are there yet...grrrr

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Sep 21, 13 8:03 PM
I've found that if I use the scroll directly from the backpack I may or may not get the person/creature I need but if I use it via the scroll button in the quest I usually do get the one I need and it will take me to that area. Won't guarantee that it will work but worth a try.

Go to: