bfgFlounder
9,660 Posts

Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 19, 13 11:40 AM
Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by charlee72 on Sep 25, 13 2:15 AM
hi!!

love this game...i haven't got a bad word to say about it...well done big fish games!! i have made 2 friends already (i have been playing for about 3 days) thank you

charlee72

[Post New]by opie1951 on Oct 6, 13 3:32 PM
I seem to be at a stalemate. I need more gold bars and have no way to earn them without buying more. Is there a game I do not have to keep purchasing things?

opie1951

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Oct 8, 13 11:05 AM
Part of the fun of the game, if you like puzzles, is figuring out how to earn experience points, money and energy and balance them out so that you can play. Each day you are given some new energy and gold. I think you earn 1 energy about every 4 minutes. So you can wait for a day or two and have enough energy to do things.
When you get to a certain point you unlock clam chowder and for 800 you can buy 10 energy points. The sewing thread games only give money and XP points so if you play the first one that costs 1 thread, when you get to mastery level it gives you 75 XP and 2800 coins and if you play the second one that costs 1 thread over and over and get to mastery it will give you 75 XP and 3040 coins every time you play. So for one thread, you can buy 30 energy via Clam Chowder.

If you do not enjoy logic type puzzles then this game will probably drive you nuts. What I like about it is that it goes on and on and on. I have been playing for a couple weeks a little bit each day and I still have not opened all of the cities.

There are some major stumbling blocks for the developers to work out, but that only means I have more to look forward to in the future. The auction has some definite kinks and so does the friend part. It would be lovely to be able to swap items with friends. Hopefully soon they will let us attach an item to our e-mail and send it a friend in need of an item we have in abundance.

Sadly, I am adding this footnote, Dec. 31, that the developers have not worked out the kinks as of yet and after several months of play, it has become tedious trying to work around them. What had the possibility of becoming a good game for those wanting casual, non-violent play, has fully tried my patience. Too many collectables never given, too many quirks that have not been fixed. It was roused by the Thanksgiving challenges and special events only to be sadly disappointed by the Christmas events that did not give credit or credit any of the rewards for the quests earned and collections made. To even begin an event that had not been tested to make sure it worked was short sighted and actually mean spirited. Not what I would expect of Big FIsh or game makers in general who, while trying to make a living, are also supposed to be about fun. At this point I am stopping play. I will check in once a week to accept friend requests from those new folks who need to earn those rewards and to help them enjoy the beginning levels.

Edited on 12/31/2013 at 11:37:46 AM PST

[Post New]by opie1951 on Oct 11, 13 12:23 AM
thank you so much blahblahboo. That helps a lot.

[Post New]by jps6988 on Oct 11, 13 6:59 PM
I got to a point where this game required me to "find" a certain item to progress any further, but when I went to the designated area, there was NOTHING to be "found", absolutely NOTHING. Uninstalled it due to frustration. Major FAIL!

Tiuna
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Tiuna on Oct 14, 13 1:20 AM
hi. i've enjoyed this game alot. upgraded buildings, leveled to about 25 then suddenly i didn't get any more quests.. not a single one. so now i'm 30. still no quests. according to the achievements i've not done all yet either. anyone else have this issue? is it supposed to be this way?

andifem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by andifem on Oct 16, 13 3:35 PM
Hi, I'm at level 40 and have not gotten any quests for some time now. I want to be able to unlock the smaller portions of the cities and I know what and where the items are to do it BUT you need to have a quest to retrieve them. I am getting frustrated. Also, have you noticed some glitches like items are asked for but when you click the right one, it isn't? For instance, in one a scarf is requested but you have to click on the mushrooms to be correct. It's kind of funny but frustrating. In the attic, the second to last city, in the picture mode, there are at least two completely blank pictures. One turns out to be the dollhouse and I cannot remember what the other is.

I really like the game but I want to get back to the quests...

[Post New]by bushbyrne on Oct 18, 13 8:02 AM
I don't know how to open the trunk in the Junkyard. Any suggestions.

At Captain Matthew's can't seem to cut the boat tarp, I have the box cutter, but I can't seem to cut it. Any suggestions on where to place the cutter.

JumboRed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by JumboRed on Oct 18, 13 5:41 PM
Was enjoying game, got rewards ie gold bars, then they disappeared, Glad I only play this 4 free, i did buy coins, not buying again

[Post New]by luckyma55 on Oct 20, 13 12:53 PM
I am trying to open the tackle box with the paper clip but it is not working. How do you complete this quest. I have used a lot of energy trying to pick the lock but it never works. Any ideas?

Re:when is next upgrade?

[Post New]by labellefleur on Oct 25, 13 12:01 PM
I AM AT LEVEL 46, HAVE COMPLETED ALL THE CITIES, AND CANNOT GO ANY FURTHER. WHAT NEXT OR IS THIS IT?

april3850
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,175 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 3, 13 9:43 PM
I'm at Level 48 and Im stuck too. Ive completed all the cities. I thought when I did that the mini games in the cities would open up, but they are still locked. I dont know what to do now. I have spent a fortune on this game. I hope Im not just left hanging with no way to finish.

[Post New]by StirlingLass on Nov 4, 13 10:00 PM
I have similar issues. Nearing level 40. Quests disappeared long ago, even though according to Achievements there should be more. According to Achievements, There are apparently several cities I still need to unlock (which do not show up on the map). When I auction an item and buyout price is used by the purchaser, I often don't get the money. But do seem to get the money when I set buy out price crazily high so that item is won via bidding. I also have seen the weird issues in some cities in which (at higher levels) objects are not present, or the picky shopper description is for a construction hat but you have to click on a smoothie drink, or similar, to complete the match. A couple times I completed an achievement and the application acknowledged such, but did not give me my reward (such as a parfait looking item) into my inventory. I can't complete a number of achievements for reasons such as 1) quests no longer present themselves, 2) no more pets are offered to unlock, 3) no more pet accessories are offered, 4) I have over 50 friends but only about 12 show up in the list of people I can send messages to (the message pull down menu does not scroll), and only the first 8 friends or so show up in the Friends thumbnails window at screen bottom when one clicks on friends. So I can't (without bothering the same 10 people) complete the messaging quests, 5) one time my gold I was saving up suddenly disappeared - don't know why. I had around 50 gold, and the next time I looked I didn't have any, but I'd not spent any, so some bug reset my gold.
I kept thinking that if I went high enough in levels, perhaps the quests would return, new pets would be available, etc. But based upon others nearing level 50, it sounds like that is not going to happen. I still like some of the mini games, but probably am going to give up on this game until there is a significant patch available.

eli173
Clownfish
Clownfish
817 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 5, 13 3:02 AM
StirlingLass wrote:probably am going to give up on this game until there is a significant patch available.

Good thinking! Just find another game and return here when an update is available. Bear in mind, though, that all the so called free to play games have problems of this kind . All things considered, I highly recommend DARK MANOR. Good luck!

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Nov 7, 13 1:35 PM
I ran out of quests or something and I keep selling things in auction and I don't always get my money or my things back.

karen and danny

lawmaiden
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lawmaiden on Nov 11, 13 7:32 AM
Ok.. Ive done the update ... and am still looking for the Special Collection pieces. How long does it take to get one? or is there something Im not doing to get them?
I like this game. But it is starting to get a lil boring as Im doing the same thing over and over again,ie: I have over 200 pairs of Mary Jane shoes, and just getting the same pieces of collections over and over again. I have a couple of collections that I havent even gotten all the pieces for and Im on level 46. Whats up with that?
Seeking some advice/help here. Anyone have any knowledge to share?
Thank You in advance.

derbyteam
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Nov 11, 13 3:06 PM
On their facebook page it says the 15 will update again about the new collections, hope they are good!

[Post New]by StirlingLass on Nov 11, 13 9:58 PM
Well, I installed the update and almost none of the bugs I've found were fixed. Additionally, if I visit a number of cities, or one city over and over, I almost always get an app crash bug after about 10 -15 times of visiting a city/cities in a row as I'm clicking on the identified items. I admit I'm quite fast at identifying the items, perhaps the application simply can't keep up, or perhaps there is an issue of overwriting memory or something. Application freezes completely, alt+tab cannot get me back to the desktop, have to use ctrl+alt+del to launch task manager and "end task" (end the running of the application). I've already run out of new quests again, no sign of the holiday quests or items yet. I'm getting around the app crash issue by exiting the application after 6 or so visits to a city/cities in a row.

This is conceptually a good game, creative and fun, a good mix of things to do, a good Achievements list to keep you playing... but performance (programmatic execution) is poor. I would not release a game with this quantity of issue, and especially not with a high severity app crash bug. So sad. So much potential... perhaps the next app update will fix some of the execution errors.

lawmaiden
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lawmaiden on Nov 12, 13 2:03 PM
Well I figured out what I did/did not do, am working on fixing this. BUT! Since the update I have had pages Freeze up. Right in the middle of (ie) Carnival froze up lost my energy, my collection pieces, etc. This has been happening alot and I dont mind telling you, its getting to be quite frustrating. Energy is hard enough to come by, whether I buy it or wait for it to regenerate, so losing it in this manner to pretty tough to take. I hope you guys can figure out a solution to this.
Am looking forward to the Special collection, if I can ever get there.

Go to: