bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 19, 13 11:52 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Sep 20, 13 2:13 PM
My game says I am not connected to the internet. My internet is working and I am logged into big fish.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Sep 20, 13 11:21 PM
CandyDay1 wrote:My game says I am not connected to the internet. My internet is working and I am logged into big fish.

I also had the same issue, no net problems, but i also noticed the version number when i started up the game was 0.88. which made me wonder if this wasn't the final version yet. I already tried a reinstall(as the first time I found the link in my game manager, the 2nd time I used the link I recieved in the e-mail) so I have already uninstalled the game till I see it formally released and will try again then.

Edit: Tried again on Sept. 24th, and it still says login failed and still shows the same version number. I've reinstalled this game 3 times, and my computer has been restarted multiple times since first trying, and I'm not going to jump through more hoops when I never turn my net connection off as is.

Edited on 09/24/2013 at 5:43:45 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 20, 13 11:33 PM
While listening to my own music, I got the "no sound card detected: you will have no sound while playing" (or something like that) message. Odd. I'm listening to music, so obviously I have a working sound card. I guess the two programs are interfering with each other.

[Post New]by ABUDHABI on Sep 21, 13 2:03 PM
Although the game correctly depletes inventory for the two vanilla milkshakes I purchased in the shop, it does not show them as available to use nor did it increase the energy associated with them

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Sep 23, 13 8:39 PM
Played the game for just about an hour. It closed out by itself and will not reopen. When I try to open it, it acts like it wants to then doesn't.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,256 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 24, 13 12:36 AM
ThomAndJerry wrote:Played the game for just about an hour. It closed out by itself and will not reopen. When I try to open it, it acts like it wants to then doesn't.

Have you restarted your computer and tried again? And if that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the game. You might lose progress that way, but this is what the customer service people will tell you if you send into them for help.

[Post New]by neckababy on Sep 24, 13 6:36 AM
Playing the minigame in the library. It only allows me to move the piggy bank but not do anything else.

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Sep 24, 13 9:28 AM
My game says I am not connected to the internet. My internet is working and I am logged into big fish.

I am also having the same issue. Any ideas why this happening. Played for 2 days and all worked fine. Today it tells me no onternet, BUT aloows me to purchase gold lol.

[Post New]by seal_lvr30 on Sep 24, 13 9:57 AM
dracslady wrote:

I am also having the same issue. Any ideas why this happening. Played for 2 days and all worked fine. Today it tells me no onternet, BUT aloows me to purchase gold lol.

Funny thing is happening here too......
Game started acting strange within an hour after I purchased gold and coins now keeps saying not connected to the internet as well. Yet it let me buy both of my gold/coin purchases without a problem. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall and lose my purchases then have to try to fight to try to get them back again. My internet is fine. I am on here play other games no problem, so it is defiantly the game and not my connection.

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 24, 13 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're seeing an error message saying that you're not connected to the internet, we are looking into that now and hope to have an update for you soon.

If you're experiencing game issues like items not loading properly, reinstalling the game itself may get that working a bit better. Our help article here goes over doing that in more detail:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so we can look further into the problem for you.

Hopefully we'll have that fixed for you soon!

bfgSeine

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Sep 24, 13 2:47 PM
reinstalling and installing didn't help.
Neither did running as an adminstrator.

Looks like we have to wait for a game update to get this issue fixed.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,263 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 24, 13 5:33 PM
Although on the whole my version plays just fine, when I did my first Collection (the one with the antic vase) it suddenly stopped and a "Refreshing" sign came up, and I was told I had to be connected to the Internet. I am sure I don't have to mention this, but I will: I am always connected to the Internet when my laptop is open.

So I went out of the game and came back in, and I got a green tick against that Collection, and it had been done. *rolls eyes*

--- --- ---

Another slight problem I have is that after a short while of playing, those Quest tabs at the left are no longer fully visible, and I only see half of the tabs.

So I have to go into Window mode, and the tabs are fully visible again, and when I go back to full screen, they are also fully visible again, but after a short while (I guess it's when I am changing scenes), the tabs are only party visible again.

Those are the 2 slight problems I have. I don't know whether the one with the "Internet connection" will repeat itself - I hope not - but that is a big issue, whereas the one with the tabs is not a major one, just annoying.

--- --- ---

ETA: I played the game twice today, and the problem with the Quest tabs seems to have set itself right. Both times I played the game I was able to see the whole tabs, not just part of them.

Great game, btw.

Edited on 09/25/2013 at 1:43:28 AM PST

bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 25, 13 11:34 AM
Heya Valdy and CandyDay1,

I'm happy to hear that the issue with the Quest tabs seems to have righted itself now!

In regards to the connection message, we did experience a brief time yesterday when there were some connection issues, but those have been corrected now. If you see that message again, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can check out what's going on.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,263 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 13 5:52 PM
Thank you, Deveron. The info is much appreciated.

[Post New]by beth1987 on Sep 26, 13 5:41 AM
I have purchased food (milkshakes) to use for energy but when i use it , it does not credit to energy. also have noticed energy not deducting properly, have 245, play 2 hidden games and have 10 energy left ( spent 35 - 55 each)

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,500 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 26, 13 6:18 AM
Running on Windows 7 PC 64 Bit

Well hold on to your chair there This game definitely has issues. I can't believe I can't use the auction house. I have it upgraded to level 1 have the building permit and now 3 neighbors. No matter if I enter through the auction house or use the auction hammer icon off to the side I get a "loading" page for about a good minute or two. Then it says there was an error in loading the page and then it says nothing to be loaded now and i also see nothing as others said they got this message but still see auctions where you can bid. Well I see nothing and even going through the collections I see see nothing. Oh and auction house is in the process of upgrading to level 2. Just have to wait for it to get done.

Oh and this game is not recording the picky shopper achievement as this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've played this. I know I haven't played it 5 times to get the achievement but I've played it at least 2 or 3 times and still says a BIG 0.

I'm also far enough along in the game as I'm at level 19. I love the game but this needs fixed.

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Sep 26, 13 7:02 AM
It still have connection issues. The other day tech said to wait for update here. And you updated here but its still not working. Will contact them again and see when this round and round ride is over.

[Post New]by Tichelle on Sep 26, 13 3:38 PM
beth1987 wrote:I have purchased food (milkshakes) to use for energy but when i use it , it does not credit to energy. also have noticed energy not deducting properly, have 245, play 2 hidden games and have 10 energy left ( spent 35 - 55 each)

I am having a similar issue. I used shrimp cocktail in my inventory and it did not register the added energy. Also, purchased milkshake, went to inventory and used it and it was not credited.

Running on PC under WinXP.

Edited on 09/26/2013 at 3:38:57 PM PST

[Post New]by EleniM on Sep 26, 13 5:23 PM
I'm still having issues with the game not being able to log in. I can't do some of the "quests" because of it. I reinstalled bigfish AND I reinstalled the game itself, and it's still doing the same thing.

Go to: