pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

DBundle sales

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Sep 19, 13 11:57 AM
Whenever there is a bundle sale, the CE is regular price, and the relatedSE's are reduced. For most of us, this doesn't work, because more than likely we already own them all.

how about offering the CEat a reduced price to those of us that already own 1 2 or 3 of the related games?

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:DBundle sales

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Sep 19, 13 3:45 PM
Great idea-also how about coming up with a way to use our free game credits on collectors editions?

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Sep 19, 13 4:34 PM
Absolutely agree with both of you.

As for me, I'd be happy to trade in 2 or 3 free game coupons for a CE.

The thing that UPSETS ME A LOT is when they put out a great CE and I buy it and then 2 days or 1 day later everything on the site is 25 or 30 or 40% off.

With all the sales you've been running lately BF, why buy anything at full price? You make me feel ripped off.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 19, 13 5:36 PM
leapfrog, this is why I never buy a CE when it is first released, I've been burned that way before! Now I wait until the weekend in case there's a good sale, or I wait until Monday when I can earn an extra punch. BFG have a long history of doing this, and I've only been burned once - then I learned my lesson! And a bundle sale is no use to me - I already own all the other games.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Sep 19, 13 7:05 PM
I end up with 7-10 PCC and nothing to use them on. I would LOVE to trade them for a CE game once in awhile. Even if it's just a special they run once in a great while. It's frustrating that the PCC expire. I too NEVER use The DBundle sales because I always have the other games OR I do not want buy them because I have PCC credits. Please think about our suggestions BigFish! Thank you!

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Sep 19, 13 10:32 PM
read61 wrote:leapfrog, this is why I never buy a CE when it is first released, I've been burned that way before! Now I wait until the weekend in case there's a good sale, or I wait until Monday when I can earn an extra punch. BFG have a long history of doing this, and I've only been burned once - then I learned my lesson! And a bundle sale is no use to me - I already own all the other games.

I'm in the same spot usually as you as far as bundle sales. I typically already own the other games available.

People like you and I and the other posters on this thread are the ones that spend a lot of money on the CE games yet we don't get to save any when the bundle sales come up. Typically I also have trouble finding decent SEs to use my coupons on.

Thanks for the advice about Monday and weekend sales.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Sep 19, 13 10:33 PM
Melymc wrote:I end up with 7-10 PCC and nothing to use them on. I would LOVE to trade them for a CE game once in awhile. Even if it's just a special they run once in a great while. It's frustrating that the PCC expire. I too NEVER use The DBundle sales because I always have the other games OR I do not want buy them because I have PCC credits. Please think about our suggestions BigFish! Thank you!

I have to wonder if they ever read these comments.

Maybe run a poll BF and ask how many people would like to trade 2 or 3 coupons for a CE. It might make people a lot happier than the sales we can't often use.

Thanks for listening.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 20, 13 3:44 AM
I'm afraid the 'Use PCCs for CE games' request has been ongoing ever since BF started giving us PCCs. They used to tell us it was something they were working on, but 2/3 years down the track, I would say it is never going to happen. Sorry.

Jen.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 20, 13 5:16 AM
mamajay wrote:I'm afraid the 'Use PCCs for CE games' request has been ongoing ever since BF started giving us PCCs. They used to tell us it was something they were working on, but 2/3 years down the track, I would say it is never going to happen...

I agree with Mama. Thousands of people have made thousands of posts on this request over the years & even written or emailed BFG about it too.

At least now we can buy CEs with game club credits--initially, the only method was to pay $ for a CE !

Worse, we cannot use our Customer Service coupons for CEs. CS coupons represent real cash paid for a game that in the end didn't work, so IMHO we should be able to apply these towards CEs.

Fortunately, as there are many more sales nowadays than in past, it is not necessary to buy CEs at full price any more, as others have mentioned.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Sep 21, 13 2:14 AM
I have posted the inquiry many times as well, that we, the regular users who like to own all the games in a series, already have the games when a bundle sale comes up. Or how about the times when the game comes out and you purchase, and the next day it comes up in a bundle sale. Now, I did contact service and they gave me a coupon to pick up the games I didn't have in that series. That happens rarely that I don't have them, but I guess I lucked out on that one time.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 21, 13 4:04 AM
1357wc wrote:I have posted the inquiry many times as well, that we, the regular users who like to own all the games in a series, already have the games when a bundle sale comes up. Or how about the times when the game comes out and you purchase, and the next day it comes up in a bundle sale. Now, I did contact service and they gave me a coupon to pick up the games I didn't have in that series. That happens rarely that I don't have them, but I guess I lucked out on that one time.

Hello 1357wc,

Could you be kind enough to explain this with more details please? Big Fish gave you a coupon for picking up games from the "Surface" series simply because you didn't have them? How is that possible? Does it have to do with not being able to take advantage of the Bundle Sale? Because that happens to me all the time! From what I know this only happens when a player has requested a refund for some reason. In this case Big Fish grants either a refund or a coupon for the player to redeem in another game. And since you rarely happen to not have a game already as you're saying, then why don't you use your punch card coupon codes and/or your game club credits occasionally for purchasing games you don't have? As far as I know we have 3 options when we want to buy a game: 1)Money, through our credit card account, 2)Game club credits and 3)Punch card coupon codes. Isn't that how it works? Am I missing something here? And what Bundle Sales have to do with this anyway?

I'm sorry for all these questions but as I'm an avid CE buyer your post has raised some issues for me. Thank you in advance for your reply.

ETA: On this occasion I'd like to say that firstly, I totally agree with most of the suggestions made by other users, concerning the fact that quite often many of us are not able to take advantage of Bundle Sales, since we already own most of the offered games as CE and secondly, and that's my biggest complaint, I find it disrespectful to loyal customers when BF offers a discount on a game a couple of days after its release. This is completely inappropriate for those who rushed to buy the game upon its release. One can wait certainly but that doesn't make it right anyway. I'd like to believe that BF is going to listen to us eventually.

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 2:54:23 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 23, 13 4:38 PM
Since, apparently, 1357wc has no intention to explain, could another player or a moderator perhaps be kind enough to enlighten me a little? To be honest I don't understand 1357wc's entire post, as I'm saying above, but the part which confuses me most is the following:

"Now, I did contact service and they gave me a coupon to pick up the games I didn't have in that series."

A coupon for picking up games you don't have for what reason? Come on guys, throw this poor fishie a bone here.

Edited on 09/25/2013 at 2:26:05 AM PST

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Oct 5, 13 4:57 PM
I'm just posting to echo what I have asked BF many, many times....why do newbies get all these incredible bundle sales (and other special sales also) while we old timers get NOTHING except a stuffed fish and I think there was ONE members only sale for 40% off (but I don't think it included CEs).

ANYway....ditto everyone on: PLEASE let us use PCC on CEs, as there are hardly ANY really good SEs anymore; PLEASE have more special sales for MEMBERS ONLY, and PLEASE if we have been members for many many years, GIVE US SOMETHING when you are offering Bundle Sales, since we can't use them as we paid full price for the previous games already.

Sigh. BF has changed soooo much since I first joined.

Go to: