Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Not Sure I Understand Food Gathering Or Disbursement

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 19, 13 10:18 PM
Hi - hope somebody sees this. I kinda like this game, from what I have seen so far.
There is one thing I have not understood so much, but it may be me. There is a bunch of food in the storehouse, maybe like 110 units or so. And the tutorial or something told me that I need to provide more food (sic). So I figured that has to mean that I need to do something involving clicking the button on the units of food in the storehouse.

I'm just not totally positive. At first I thought that meant I was either buying or selling the food that I have but maybe it means I'm getting it out of storage & having it out somewhere so it can be eaten...?? Not really clear at all.

And another thing about food that I was really unsure of was this: They appear to be picking little pieces of food - berries or whatever - but using more food as energy to get that food? Am I right? Maybe its just because those are not good sources of food so they need to develop ways to get more, like by fishing?? I dunno. Feeling a little lost....

Edited on 09/19/2013 at 10:19:29 PM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

Re:Not Sure I Understand Food Gathering Or Disbursement

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 20, 13 12:57 AM
Hi - you've got it just about right.

It does cost Food to gather Berries, Mushrooms, Nuts. etc. but you get back more than it costs you to gather them, If you use the Tea and Fish Soup bonuses you will collect a lot more.

When you have Food in the Storehouse, you can either sell it for Cash or use it to add to your people's Food (if you get too low on Food, your people get a red, sad face and slow down).

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 20, 13 9:55 PM
OK thanx

LAndersen
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by LAndersen on Sep 23, 13 2:13 AM
Hi Yaelle

An important thing you need to really get the food collecting cooking ( sorry) is to build a kitchen.

Here the most important dish is preserve, made from on unit of nuts and one of mushrooms.

To collect ingredients for the different dishes, you can send your people into the woods (mushrooms aren't always easy to come by on your location) or send your jeep shopping for flour, meat etc..

At some point you'll also be able to build barbecues, which generate food in the same way that the tents generate money and the wells water.

[Post New]by judyfrancis on Jul 14, 14 10:02 PM
Build a grill and that will give you food - The more you update the more food you get.

Go to: