Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

WEEK-END LAND EXPANSION SALE

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 20, 13 3:14 PM
There is a Weekend sale -
40% off all land expansions for gold!
Ends Mon 23rd Sept 10am PST

Which will be very convenient for those who bought 1/2 price gold.

Although I must admit that personally I would spend all my gold on silver earnimg attractions, and use the silver to expand with...

But we can't say they aren't listening

I have posted the pop-up in the DM thread at
http://pondfriends.boards.net/board/7/android-ios-games-chat-help

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

Re:WEEK-END LAND EXPANSION SALE

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Sep 20, 13 5:35 PM
Hey Frogmort, my land isn't showing any cheaper than it was earlier today. Yours?

Thanks,
Audrey

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Sep 20, 13 6:20 PM
I think mine doesn't either ....
@facebook people talk about this too

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Sep 20, 13 10:06 PM
My land isn't showing any cheaper either. I do have the notice for the sale in game when I purchase energy, but aside from saying it's on sale, it doesn't give you the 40% discount. I purchased 2 pieces of land thinking that it would just deduct the 40% off but it did not. I just wasted a huge amount of gold that I purchased.
Not a happy Fishy

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 21, 13 2:08 AM
I don't plan to buy land for gold, I'm afraid. I generally buy silver-earning devices with any gold I have, and buy land for silver. With such a wide-spread problem, you're bound to get compensated.

Do make sure you drop a line to customer support (bottom of the page, teeny weeny print).

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 21, 13 4:14 AM
I believe the 40 % off is only if you purchase with gold. That part is definitely cheaper. I will just wait and buy it with my silver.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 21, 13 4:22 AM
This isn't 40% off the land, but 40 % off EXPANDING the land. If you bought the land already and are trying to get it open faster without waiting you can pay gold to open it instantly. The 40 % off is the gold you would normally pay if you we're impatient and didn't want to wait for the time for the land to be ready to use. They aren't clear on this and they could have done a better job being clear but it's just EXPANDING the land faster. In other words if you want to pay less gold because your impatient to wait. The discount is already there if you have land pending opening. Like I said its a sucky sale (for me cause it costs to dang much anyway to fritter gold cause I am impatient to play on the land)

[Post New]by tzangtzi on Sep 21, 13 4:47 AM
I've been watching the greenhouse expansion and it is the same price as it was pre sale

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 21, 13 6:24 AM
govols2 wrote:I believe the 40 % off is only if you purchase with gold. That part is definitely cheaper. I will just wait and buy it with my silver.
Yes, I am sure too that the 40% discount only applies if you pay with gold.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 21, 13 7:14 AM
Autumn Leaf, if you're saying that the -40% is already there in the quoted Gold price, that makes sense to me.

I don't buy land with Gold, so I haven't made note of Gold prices. My next square is down to cost me 1,643,000 Silver, and is currently showing 840 Gold as an alternative. I am pretty sure that this would normally be 1000 Gold or more.

The silver price is not discounted.

If you tap on a virgin square of forrest, the pop-up says "Expand your available space to build more Enigmas", so I think that this discount, which applies only to Gold expenditure, applies whether you are trying to speed up an expansion which is already underway or initiate a new one.

So as far as I can see, for me the sale would be working fine, just I don't find buying land for Gold an attractive proposition even on sale I'm afraid. But then I am very patient.

Does anyone have a note of Gold land expansion prices? I can only find a list of Silver ones. It would be interesting to see if the Bonus squares are discounted too, the old threads I found only mentioned the Silver values.

[Post New]by reiko371 on Sep 21, 13 7:59 AM
I believe it applies to the initial expansion (cannot comment on ending wait period payment, as I do not have any plots waiting). Frogmort posted a partial chart of land expansion prices in several discussions (I use the copy under the Cost of Land Plot on page 6 of my forum posts). According to that chart the silver cost of 421,000 corresponds to a gold cost of 375 for buying a certain iteration of land. It is at 225 gold instead with the sale.

FYI. The previous plot of land offered at 332,000 silver cost 180 gold during the sale. If someone does the math (not me, I need to finish getting ready for the day) they could probably figure out the normal price for the plot for the chart.

Hope I don't find out I was wrong and bought the land for the normal price, haha!

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 21, 13 8:38 AM
reiko371 wrote:I believe it applies to the initial expansion (cannot comment on ending wait period payment, as I do not have any plots waiting). Frogmort posted a partial chart of land expansion prices in several discussions (I use the copy under the Cost of Land Plot on page 6 of my forum posts). According to that chart the silver cost of 421,000 corresponds to a gold cost of 375 for buying a certain iteration of land. It is at 225 gold instead with the sale.

FYI. The previous plot of land offered at 332,000 silver cost 180 gold during the sale. If someone does the math (not me, I need to finish getting ready for the day) they could probably figure out the normal price for the plot for the chart.

Hope I don't find out I was wrong and bought the land for the normal price, haha!
No, I think you are right.

I had v few gold equivalents for the silver land prices, so I can't be sure whether the equivalents are proportionate all the way through (they should be, but you never know). It should be near enough, hopefully.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Sep 21, 13 4:32 PM
It applies to the initial expansion, also.

So, I could pay the regular 2,600,000 silver that I've been saving up for a couple of weeks now (up to 2.1 million - woo), or pay 1320 gold, which is an awesome savings from the 2200 gold it used to cost.

So, this isn't much of a deal unless you're an entry level player, looks like.

I didn't even buy any gold when it was on sale, because I didn't have anything I was particularly anxious to spend it on. I'm getting a little bored with this game, I'm afraid.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Sep 21, 13 4:51 PM
Yes, I think we may be in a holding pattern while newer media participants catch up. I would like them to bring it out for Mac, I wouldn't mind seeing how I would play it from scratch now... Or I might just go right off the whole thing...

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 22, 13 10:07 PM
Unless we get more land to expand, I'll be off the thing myself. It was fun while it lasted but the huge waiting period for new content and the messing about with the exchange rates pretty much put me off. I only play once a day now. And am getting corresponding low scores since I don't have the new chapter scenes memorized! But I can't seem to bring myself to care... Whereas a month ago, well I would have been playing for hours at a time.

Edited on 09/22/2013 at 10:09:01 PM PST

Go to: