bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 21, 13 12:29 AM
Track down a venomous killer in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition! After receiving a distressing message from your uncle, you travel to the remote village of Transvaal. But when you arrive, your uncle is nowhere to be found. As you search for him, you learn that he has been traveling the world, hunting down a woman named Morgana, and that this is not the first town to encounter her deadly wrath. Soon, victims start piling up, all of them bearing the same strange bite mark, dripping with venom. But is this the work of Morgana...or something even more sinister? Tread carefully - the sands are always shifting in this thrilling Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:
Stunning concept art and wallpapers
Videos and mini-games
Integrated Strategy Guide
Team up with Morgana in an exciting bonus game!

Edited on 09/21/2013 at 9:29:06 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 21, 13 1:37 AM
Our week-end begins with the return of the Black Widow Morgana. If you recall, we met her once before with her army of mechanical spiders and it looks like she has returned with a vengeance, this time terrorizing the town of Transvaal. Our Uncle is missing and as his dutiful nephew, we must find him and defeat Morgana and her deadly venom.

A great HOPA with just enough thrills to excite the avid player. The challenge begins with play options, you have three and unless you play casual mode, there are no sparkles and no black bar tips. Your map will allow you to travel and indicate areas of interest if you choose so. There is a journal that will hold clues and have video playbacks as well.

With sharp and colorful graphics, we also have live actors playing their roles. Albeit the acting is a bit over the top but at least mouths are in sync with dialogues. Music is quite good and not obtrusive. I liked the artwork and overall atmosphere of the game.

Adventure gameplay has you picking up clues and inventory items and HO scenes are a bit junk-piled, standard list of items with some minor interaction. Puzzles are somewhat challenging to solve and mini-games are quick and easy to solve. A bit more challenge or variation would have been better. I do think its time for all game developers to get on board with adding a variety in HO scenes and coming up with more clever mini-games to solve. There is a slight case of "Seen that and Done that".

Still the story has merit and once you get into the gameplay, you are drawn into a cat and mouse chase which becomes interesting. I played the demo at hard-core level and was pleasantly surprised as to how many times I got stuck and had to resort to the SG. This is definitely a good sign and has warranted me to continue. Of course there are the extras that needs mentioning, collectables (30 posters scattered throughout each scene and easy to find) along with a list of achievements.

A well rounded game that does have some bells and whistles but also could have been alot more interesting. Like I said, a bit of a déjà vue feeling while playing, familiar scenes and familiar gameplay. Nevertheless, a sequel to an interesting story that does have me scratching while playing as I do have a slight aversion to spiders. Have a nice week-end.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

will not download

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Sep 21, 13 1:40 AM
will not download pressed run but nothing happens help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 21, 13 1:53 AM
Since there is no review or technical thread, I'll put this here ----

---- if you are in the Strategy Guide (demo), and you are moving forward, if you go to page 15 and try to advance to the next page, it will freeze your computer. Then I had to shut down completely. Bad glitch.

Aside from that, this is not a game that has any appeal to me. The spider lady is back, and that story was boring enough once.
The visuals lack color, depth, and clarity.
The story makes no sense at all with several little back and forth chores that left me thinking "Huh?". Very poorly thought out with very poor execution.
The gameplay lacked any imagination, and was slow and clunky.
There are other small things that need to be tweaked, as well. Moving around the main menu page was very slow, to the point I thought the game had quit. And going from scene to scene was slow.
One of the early mini games was a "place the gear" game. I hated those when they first appeared about 6 years ago, and still do ---- I think those old chestnuts should be left behind in favor of games with more imagination as the more astute devs offer.

Overall, a poorly done game full of problems that looks old and has the feel of a game that was slapped together without thought or any attention to detail.

Couldn't uninstall this one fast enough. Blam, you can do much, much better.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 21, 13 2:06 AM
Apart from the glitch cbtx talked about, also in the SG, when I click on "Collectibles" I get an Access Violation error and the game shuts down. Tried it twice, and got the same error both times. And please, nobody suggest I upgrade my computer bits and pieces.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 21, 13 2:35 AM
Although I didn't have any of the tech. problems anyone else had I just really didn't like this one nor did I like the first one so I had to ask myself why did they even bother to do a sequel and this one is even worse. Poor acting that is really bad on every level just a mind numbing experience all the way around clunky and no real story line to pull you in the most fun I had was collecting the postcard things and that didn't last very long either. Sorry dev's I appreciate your effort and I'm sure you worked really hard on this one but please don't bring Morgana back and if you do don't do it with real actors they just don't work for these types of games. The graphics are just okay lots of browns and greens and sandy colors and way too much sand and to much tinkering going on with this one I'm not Mr. Tinkertrain and the puzzles made me scream and use words they haven't even come up with yet so I think I'm going write a new dictionary tonight for these new words I came up with. This is just my personal opinion on the game so please don't let it discourage you in any way give the demo a try it's worth that. Have fun everybody.

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Sep 21, 13 3:04 AM
Nilosh wrote:Our week-end begins with the return of the Black Widow Morgana. If you recall, we met her once before with her army of mechanical spiders and it looks like she has returned with a vengeance, this time terrorizing the town of Transvaal. Our Uncle is missing and as his dutiful nephew, we must find him and defeat Morgana and her deadly venom.

A great HOPA with just enough thrills to excite the avid player. The challenge begins with play options, you have three and unless you play casual mode, there are no sparkles and no black bar tips. Your map will allow you to travel and indicate areas of interest if you choose so. There is a journal that will hold clues and have video playbacks as well.

With sharp and colorful graphics, we also have live actors playing their roles. Albeit the acting is a bit over the top but at least mouths are in sync with dialogues. Music is quite good and not obtrusive. I liked the artwork and overall atmosphere of the game.

Adventure gameplay has you picking up clues and inventory items and HO scenes are a bit junk-piled, standard list of items with some minor interaction. Puzzles are somewhat challenging to solve and mini-games are quick and easy to solve. A bit more challenge or variation would have been better. I do think its time for all game developers to get on board with adding a variety in HO scenes and coming up with more clever mini-games to solve. There is a slight case of "Seen that and Done that".

Still the story has merit and once you get into the gameplay, you are drawn into a cat and mouse chase which becomes interesting. I played the demo at hard-core level and was pleasantly surprised as to how many times I got stuck and had to resort to the SG. This is definitely a good sign and has warranted me to continue. Of course there are the extras that needs mentioning, collectables (30 posters scattered throughout each scene and easy to find) along with a list of achievements.

A well rounded game that does have some bells and whistles but also could have been alot more interesting. Like I said, a bit of a déjà vue feeling while playing, familiar scenes and familiar gameplay. Nevertheless, a sequel to an interesting story that does have me scratching while playing as I do have a slight aversion to spiders. Have a nice week-end.

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Sep 21, 13 3:14 AM
Hi Nilosh, I finally figured out how to thank u 4 your replays within the BIG FISH game community. I read all reviews u have posted on the games I'm interested in & was not disappointed. So I will wait 4 a sale or buy on Double Punch Mondays.
THANKS AGAIN

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Sep 21, 13 3:54 AM
great game, a definite buy for me. bought and liked the first game too.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Sep 21, 13 4:28 AM
This game has too many technical glitches, it should have been tested more before being released. I'll wait and try the regular version, hopefully the tech problems will have been addressed by then.

[Post New]by Flashness on Sep 21, 13 5:08 AM
A very good game that held my interest all the way through, glad I bought it.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Sep 21, 13 5:23 AM
Hi Nilosh , You said in your review (by the way, it's very good),

"collectables (30 posters scattered throughout each scene and easy to find)".

Do you mean throughout the whole game or actually 30 in each scene?
Sorry if I'm misreading your post. That is alot to find in each scene.

Welcome to the pond Flashness! You sound like you finished the game. Is it really short?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 21, 13 5:50 AM
prchalpn, aren't we lucky to have reviewers like Nilosh here in the forums?

The 30 collectible posters are scattered throughout the whole game. One in each scene I guess.

Flashness, welcome to the forums. You finished the game already? I bought it too, played a little but I can't help wondering about the length of it as well. Is it decent or is it actually short?

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 2:50:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Flashness on Sep 21, 13 5:59 AM
It's ok for a demo

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Sep 21, 13 6:05 AM
Although I didn't have any problems.Just not sure I want this one.I have the frist one,but to me th acting in this one is really BADDDDDDDDD.I'd rather have animated types.Will wait maybe on SE.
Where oh where are some good SE's at.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 21, 13 6:23 AM
Flashness wrote:It's ok for a demo

Ok for a demo? That doesn't sound very good for us who bought it already!

ETA1: Ok, I'm a bit confused now. Did you play the game or did you just demo it? Or is it that you're playing with us actually?

ETA2: I guess we won't be hearing from you anytime soon. Oh dear!

Edited on 09/22/2013 at 2:28:28 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 21, 13 7:21 AM
Flashness wrote:It's ok for a demo

Flashness, what genre(s) do you usually play? Are you a real Hidden Object "junkie" or just an occasional "tourist" in this area?

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 21, 13 8:46 AM
Since we don't have a tech difficulties thread opened yet I'll just post here. Game d/l fine, signed in, opened SG to check collectables and the game froze, gave me a violation error and threw me out. Never even got to see what the body of the game looked like. I think I'll just wait to see if we get a glitch free game. I don't care whether there is a sale or not, it's not worth the anguish to buy it on sale and then try to get it fixed.

[Post New]by BlamQA on Sep 21, 13 9:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

Problem with strategy guide is persist only in free demo. Be sure, that problem already fixed by our Dev's. So... in full CE game this problem doesn't appears. And the demo will be updated soon...

Happy gaming!

With best regards,
Blam! Games.

Edited on 09/21/2013 at 9:20:43 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 21, 13 9:20 AM
prchalpn wrote:Hi Nilosh , You said in your review (by the way, it's very good),

"collectables (30 posters scattered throughout each scene and easy to find)".

Do you mean throughout the whole game or actually 30 in each scene?
Sorry if I'm misreading your post. That is alot to find in each scene.

Welcome to the pond Flashness! You sound like you finished the game. Is it really short?

Sorry about that but you find 30 posters throughout the game. Thank you for your comments. Cheers

Go to: