Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

I Hate Innocent Green!!

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 21, 13 10:45 AM
I have completed the quest about six or seven times. But I am having so many problems with Innocent Green. It's not innocent at all!!

I can't get past the "easy" difficulty on Challenge unless I change the enchantments. I get caught with marbles between the marbles that are approaching the hole at the end. I keep practicing and I'm not getting any better. I get flustered and start mis-shooting. Marbles show up that can't be matched and I can't shoot them off the screen and so I have to shoot them into the line of marbles and that just makes it worse.

I've only been playing for a month or so and I know I've improved but Innocent Green has me stumped. Using Rune Fire and Flame Purple are the only ways I can win. Sometimes I think Innocent Green is impossible to win without those enchantments.

Am I the only one having problems with this level? Bitter End is also difficult but not as bad.

I am NOT a happy fishie and I'm still an ugly herring.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:I Hate Innocent Green!!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 21, 13 11:04 AM
Innocent Green requires quick shooting/reflexes to master and is the trickiest level in the whole game. You either have to not let the chains get past the first half of the track, or if you are on hard or very hard in the challenge mode, have to focus all your shots in the circular loop part and keep collapsing the chain/cycling the powerups to hold the chains back from the drain until the rune circle fills.

Keep posting...it is still possible to morph here, although it may take longer since they got rid of the Chit Chat Corner and Word Games forums.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 5, 13 7:38 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Innocent Green requires quick shooting/reflexes to master and is the trickiest level in the whole game. You either have to not let the chains get past the first half of the track, or if you are on hard or very hard in the challenge mode, have to focus all your shots in the circular loop part and keep collapsing the chain/cycling the powerups to hold the chains back from the drain until the rune circle fills.

Keep posting...it is still possible to morph here, although it may take longer since they got rid of the Chit Chat Corner and Word Games forums.

It is a very difficult level. I know I'm making mistakes because I get so flustered and end up splitting up same colored marbles instead of hitting them correctly. I'm trying to concentrate on just that part right now. It goes so fast and sometimes a marble just has to be shot somewhere it doesn't fit. But if I stay calm (it is just a game!) and match up the marbles I do better.

I'm not good at using the power-ups. I tend to ignore them or try to play around them but a few are really helpful. I've hit some by mistake and that has turned my "error" into something useful. So I need to find out exactly what each one does and know that it's OK to shoot a marble at the enchantment even if it doesn't match.

I thought this would be a simple game but it's not. There is a lot of skill involved. I keep noticing more and more what I can do to make my game better. Bitter End is also difficult and there's another one where it circles around the opening and cuts it off.

I'm getting there. Thanks for the advice. I really love this game. Now when I start over it seems to be so slow so I must be improving.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 7, 13 3:55 PM
Best of luck to you Jurinne. You mentioned that you use Rune Fire and Flame Purple on Innocent Green, which are the powerups that I would've recommended for the harder levels since they are not only really useful, but trigger themselves when enough shots have been made. If you can have one of those along with the Tar enchantment that's also a big help.

I lost my hard drive recently so all my games' progress disappeared can't remember what Bitter End looks like right now but I didn't remember it being as hard as Innocent Green. Hang in there!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 7, 13 4:02 PM
I forgot to add that if you make 3 "pops" in a row, it will give you a powerup to use. This is an important part of the strategy for the hard levels because you will often live or die by the powerups on those levels. And just in case you didn't know, right clicking toggles the next ball color with the current one you have. In many cases, if the color you currently have on the shooter isn't easily placeable, the next one in the queue is.

Edited on 10/07/2013 at 4:03:21 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 12, 13 11:07 AM
I finished all the levels of Innocent Green! And I didn't even use Rune Fire. I used Tranquility, Flame Purple, Head Start, and Orbs Unhatched.

I was surprised that I made it through without using Tar. I thought Orbs Unhatched would make it harder but it made it easier.

So now I have completed all the Challenge levels and I'm starting the Survival levels.

I've also been shooting for the Power-Ups and that has helped a lot (thank you for that advice!). But I don't understand the Rune Reward. All it seems to do is make some noise.

I've tried switching the balls in the shooter. So far I haven't been very successful. I'm not good at right clicking and then going back to left clicking, especially when I have to do it quickly. I also have problems with switching the balls by clicking on them in the orb shooter. I think I'll get better with experience.

I need to learn to stop staring at my mistakes and wondering how I could have done what I just did and get on with the game. I'm losing valuable time while pondering why I shot a green marble into a group of ten blue marbles and getting mad at myself.

Bitter End is like a slightly-easier version of Innocent Green. The hole where the marbles go is blocked by the marbles I'm shooting. It's the same with Eye of the Pond (I think that's what it's called) but Eye of the Pond only has three or four levels in Challenge.

I'm sorry you lost your hard drive. How frustrating!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 13, 13 7:05 PM
Congratulations on finishing all the Innocent Green challenge levels! The rune reward powerup adds to the lights on the shooter so the rune circle will fill a little faster. Yes, it's annoying when you accidentally shoot a wrong colored marble into a section, but we all do that sometimes. I'm working on some other games right now, but replaying Sparkle 2 is still on my list. Good luck on the survival levels (try to get 5 stars on the shooter per level to advance the fastest).

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 25, 13 11:19 AM
I was avoiding the powerups. I even tried to get rid of them but it can't be done. It never occurred to me to actually shoot at them. Now I'm doing that and I've gone from about a 25% use (mostly because I just happened to shoot at one while launching a marble) to about 50%. I know I'll get better with practice. I need to learn to look for them. I just completed the quest again and had no problems with any of the levels. I'm not even really afraid of Innocent Green anymore. It's the powerups, along with Flame Purple and Tranquility that make it possible.

You have really helped me. I can easily complete the quest in a couple of hours now. I'm not using Rune Fire at all and I'm also not using Tar after I can use Orbs Unhatched. I love Orbs Unhatched because it makes the game more interesting and I've found that I do sometimes launch a marble into a group that has changed color but that is more than made up for by other groups changing color and sometimes the marble I have launched changes color after I've launched it. It helps. I wish that Orbs Unhatched were offered earlier in the game. But I do get to keep it when I play Challenge and Survival.

I'm starting to play the Survival levels and it's very easy to get five stars but I haven't tried Innocent Green, Bitter End, or that one with the pond that I can never remember the name of. I still get a bit flustered and mis-shoot but with the powerups and enchantments I think I can get through them. If it were any easier I wouldn't have anything to strive for.

I've also practiced shooting correctly and I've gotten a bit better.

If you hadn't told me I would have continued to ignore the powerups and would have continued struggling with Innocent Green and Bitter End. Thank you so much for your help!

And thanks for the info about Rune Reward.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 25, 13 6:07 PM
You're most welcome, Jurinne. It's always a pleasure to hear that my posts have helped someone.

Good to hear that you figured out the powerups...I think I would be going nuts if I didn't use them! You will get a powerup for every three pops in a row you make, and the nice thing about the Sparkle games is that the chains split really far apart when you get a powerup, so once you learn to count your hits it's not hard to anticipate shooting at the powerups to collect them. You can also rapid fire marbles by clicking fast, which helps for getting powerups. However, if a powerup shows up more than about a third of the screen away, I typically ignore it because it's often too hard to slip a shot in around the chains that far back.

Enjoy the rest of the game!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 19, 14 10:24 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:You're most welcome, Jurinne. It's always a pleasure to hear that my posts have helped someone.

Good to hear that you figured out the powerups...I think I would be going nuts if I didn't use them! You will get a powerup for every three pops in a row you make, and the nice thing about the Sparkle games is that the chains split really far apart when you get a powerup, so once you learn to count your hits it's not hard to anticipate shooting at the powerups to collect them. You can also rapid fire marbles by clicking fast, which helps for getting powerups. However, if a powerup shows up more than about a third of the screen away, I typically ignore it because it's often too hard to slip a shot in around the chains that far back.

Enjoy the rest of the game!

I'm posting this in case you check the thread. I finally completed the entire game. I was afraid to try the Survival Mode because I didn't think I could ever get through Innocent Green.

I did. Survival Mode is amazingly simple. I can blast through Innocent Green without any problems at all. Now I hate Regent Rock because I think it's boring but I put up with it.

I'm using at least 97% of the powerups. I'm not even thinking about them anymore. I'm not even using Tranquility until I'm farther along in the game.

Thanks again. I've become a much better player.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 20, 14 5:49 PM
Good to hear from you again! If you would like to try some other marble poppers, I enjoyed the following. Atlantis Sky Patrol was the easiest and Pirate Poppers/Butterfly Escape are the hardest. The rest are somewhere in between. Enjoy!

Atlantis Sky Patrol (doesn't work on Windows 7/8 from what I've read though)
Luxor (doesn't work on Win 7/8 either)
Luxor Amun Rising (pretty old game, may not work with newer OS)
Sky Kingdoms (beautiful game, if your graphics card can stand it-I had to delete it because it would crash on my 'puter)
Zuma
Luxor 3
Zuma's Revenge (get the full version, not the Adventure mode one)
Luxor Evolved
Sparkle (the first one)
Pirate Poppers
Butterfly Escape

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Feb 24, 14 2:58 PM
Hi! Thanks for the recommendations. I noticed something that has me a bit upset about this game. I cannot collect 100% of the powerups even if I collect every single one that appears. I got to day 44 without missing one and my stats showed that I missed 17.

I think what is happening is that no powerup appears at the last match of the level if it's the third match but the player is penalized for not collecting it, anyway - not collecting a powerup that never even appears.

Am I right about this? If I am, this game is rigged. And now I'm obsessed with trying to find a way around it. Shooting four or five marbles at the last pair works but sometimes I can't do that. And sometimes that horn sound which means the level is ending doesn't sound until after I have started to make that last match.

I do have Windows 7. I tried Windows 8 and hated it just like almost everyone else. I did purchase Sparkle 1. That is one hard game compared to Sparkle 2! The marbles are so small and I can't reverse the orbs in the shooter like I do in Sparkle 2. And I lose all my lives and have to start over all the time. I think Sparkle 1 is far more difficult than Sparkle 2. But I'll keep trying.

I'll check out the other games. I'd been looking for some but wasn't happy with any of them. Thanks.

Edited on 02/24/2014 at 3:05:37 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 24, 14 5:46 PM
I have never collected 100% of the powerups in ANY marble popper I've ever played, so don't feel bad. Not sure about the third match at end of level thing. And yes, the first Sparkle is much harder than Sparkle 2. The first two difficulty levels in Sparkle *are* completeable though, it's just a matter of practice (and use the amulet of luck if you are having trouble with a level because that's the one that makes things the easiest). I am still trying to finish master difficulty in Sparkle but am not sure if I'll ever be able to pull that off, and I've been trying for 5 years now! If by "reversing orbs" you mean toggling the next ball color with the one that is about to be fired, you right click to do that. This works in all marble poppers, but if it's not working for you, it may be a Win 7 issue or perhaps you have a left handed mouse configuration that is interfering with this part of the game. (?)

Good luck with Sparkle and hope you enjoy some of the other games. BTW I never tried Tumblebugs or Tumblebugs 2 but I think they were reasonably popular in their day.

Go to: