bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 22, 13 8:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Xmas3kds
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel technical issues here only

[Post New]by Xmas3kds on Sep 22, 13 6:29 PM
Can't pick up the shoe, as mentioned in another thread....uninstalled, reinstalled twice. Really? You have had this problem in the CE and still haven't fixed it? Guess Big Fish is dropping the ball, again!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 23, 13 10:52 AM
Hi Xmas3kds,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Because this error doesn't seem to effect all players, I recommend letting our Tech Support Team know what's happening so they can look into the issue for you. They can hopefully offer some suggestions on getting around that so you can enjoy the rest of the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by bgwatkins on Sep 24, 13 12:46 PM
I cannot pick up the magic seeds inside the glass jar. I got the magnet and the pop up closed and won't let me zero in on the jar again. If I press "Hint" it says there's nothing to do and if I look on the map, it says there's nothing to do. How can I progress in the game?

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 26, 13 4:44 PM
Waited to use a credit on this game as I loved the other Fearful Tales but I have a problem, a little ways in it will not let me use my mouse or click but music keeps playing, animation still moves just stuck. I get a "not responding" message when I control alt delete for the game.

I should add it plays wonderfully until that point every time, it is right after you enter the gate with the butterfly mold. After that, it starts freezing.

I have made sure everything is up to date and I mean everything, including all updates (I was up to date, I do that often) and using 2 different mouse (Mice HA!) I had around the house.. I have tried every tip they say on here in forums after trying everything the tech suggests but thought of one so obvious I am embarrassed.

I am uploading the game on another computer to see if it is indeed the game or my laptop. If it does the same I will have to get a refund, sadly, I hope that isn't the case. I think I have only had 2 real instances in 7 yrs that a game wouldn't work for whatever reason that was not my computer. Will update when I see if my last try works. Just putting it out there for anyone else that has tried everything. Crossing fingers!

Edited on 09/26/2013 at 6:29:24 PM PST

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Sep 26, 13 5:36 PM
I want my game credit back. I have done everything the "Help" section said to do and I've had nothing but problems. First it froze on the rusty knight. Then after an hour of going though the suggestions on Help the game manger stopped working. I uninstalled reinstalled over and over and every time I tried to play the game it would freeze and the game manager would stop working. I've deleted this game and bought another which so far is working fine. I think there is a flaw in this game which has not been fixed. I want my credit back or fix the game.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 26, 13 6:28 PM
Mine is freezing on the rusty knight as well. Where I stopped playing the game the first time is where it keeps freezing. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, made sure everything was up to date though I have no issues with other brand new games with just as much graphics etc running.

I tried it on my husbands computer, I was able to get past the knight so I have ran back here to my computer to see if starting again with a new profile on my computer might work. I will be upset if it doesn't because I have dedicated a lot of time to replaying what I have already played now 3 times.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 26, 13 7:21 PM
I have good news. I had to go around the world but found that changing my profile, completely deleting the one that was freezing and starting over worked for me.
For some reason there was a glitch in the old one that even though I uninstalled and reinstalled it kept my info so starting completely over worked.
I have now well passed the area that was freezing. I have not stopped and quit and tried to log back in, hoping all is well. I won't post any more if it is fine.
I am just going to leave my little "journey" up here in case others might have the same problem and want to try this after all else failed. If I wouldn't of tried it on a different computer I would of never known.
Happy gaming!

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Sep 27, 13 12:47 PM
Me again. Already tried deleting the first profile and put in another. Guess what. It froze in another place and I was jumping though the same hoops I'd jumped though before. I'm done, done, done. The game I bought after this one is working just fine. It's not my video card, I have windows 7. I'm close to spitting nails.

[Post New]by caracarn on Sep 28, 13 8:35 AM
I got through the demo fine. I then got the main game which reinstalled everything. I was at the point where I go to the forest entrance and then my graphics to wacky. If I go back into down it's fine, but in the forest all I can see is a giant glowing thing and black. If I move my cursor into the black it leave a permantn trace of the hand. Even the walking gingerbread man leaves a rail of himself as he walks. Real frustrating.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Sep 30, 13 3:22 PM
Well mine ended up not being a permanent fix either. I played 3 times (at different times, worked fine, proceeded fine) only for it to happen again at close to the end or where I feel it's getting close, to the game.
I am getting a refund, this is most definitely not a computer problem as it did this on two totally different computers.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 1, 13 3:09 PM
Hi everyone,

If you've tried reinstalling the game and starting over with a new profile and the game is still freezing, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can assist you further. In case you'd like to try, you might also make sure that all programs are up to date that the game requires using our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

That help article also goes over some tips that may help with graphical errors or game performance.

Hopefully we can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by trukmek1966 on Oct 10, 13 1:36 PM
Wish I could say that I loved this game, but never actually got to play it. It kept freezing up on me. I tried deleting it and reloading, but still kept freezing. Then I tried the suggestions that BFG has for games freezing/crashing...and now I can't even get the game to load to try it! I deleted it yet again, and reloaded it again, but STILL can't get it to play. I guess I wasted a code for a free game...oh well, so is life!

minglacey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by minglacey on Feb 28, 14 8:22 AM
I am trying to get the code for the Inn but once I help the old man with the awning he doesn't have the code in his hand as is illustrated in the walkthrough. I do not have the code in my inventory and the hint button tells me "there is nothing to do" in this area and the map doesn't show I have a task to do. Is this a technical glitch?
Frustrating as I cannot continue the game at this point.

Go to: