bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Reviews for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 22, 13 8:50 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 22, 13 8:51 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 23, 13 10:03 AM
Quirky Fairy Tale That’s Just For Fun

BASED ON DEMO

I love this game’s quirky sense of humour. Yes, it’s a fairy tale, but it’s not a cutesy, play-only-with-the-kids kind of story. It seems to me that it makes fun of itself all the way through, from the jaunty nautical music to the surreal but cartoonlike graphics, to the crazy characters. This is just not a game to take seriously.

For all that, though, the developers have taken their mission to entertain very much to heart and have displayed considerable versatility in producing such an unusual game. The graphics are superbly done, in a cartoon style that allows for a lot of creativity in the depiction of locations and characters. The voice of the little gingerbread helper (yes, okay, he’s sorta cute, but his friends aren’t!) is bound to drive us all nuts, but all other aspects of the soundtracks are delightfully upbeat. The narrator’s voiceover is excellent.

One thing I loved, which perhaps gives you an idea of the style of the game, is the way the narration is done in rhyming couplets (no, not Shakespeare, think nursery rhymes). It gives the whole game a flavour of ‘sugar and spice and all things nice’.

Despite its name, this is not really the fairy tale, Hansel and Gretel. It enjoys some elements in common, but is truly its own story, with elements from other tales woven in.

This is a HO game rather than a puzzle adventure, although a total of only 11 HO scenes suggests a fairly short game, as other reviewers have mentioned. That alone makes me glad I chose to wait for the SE, despite some endearing CE features, such as collectible cupcakes.

The HO puzzles are interactive lists, and are visited more than once. The other puzzles are also nothing astonishingly new, but fun. Again, the quality of the gameplay is as good as any other of this developer’s (extremely high quality) games, but don’t expect the same degree of seriousness or difficulty. This is, above all else, a light-hearted game.

If you come to this game with the expectation of compelling story and a challenging design, you will be disappointed. It is simply not that sort of game. But as light hearted romp through the surreal landscape of fairy tales and magic, this game is all about the fun.

I recommend this game!

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Sep 25, 13 12:13 AM
LOVE this game. Gorgeous artistry! I also like each scene with the minute details.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 26, 13 4:47 AM
I loved this game so much, but I wish it had been longer. I have never gone through a game this fast. I only skipped 2 puzzles, also. It was fun, though, so I can't really complain. Loved the rhyming narrator, her voice was perfect for the part.

Joy

Go to: