Walkthrough - re length

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Walkthrough - re length

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 23, 13 1:49 AM
Has anybody found the walkthrough for this - as it's not on the link.
I found I was really enjoying the storyline on this - I know it's not really a new theme but I like the mixture of Hos - anyway, I was wondering how long the game was and usually I can get an idea from the walkthrough as I can see how far through the game I've got - I've got into the Ice area but not past the gate with masks yet.

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Walkthrough - re length

[Post New]by enerald on Sep 23, 13 2:07 AM
Just check ... again!

"Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help."

STILL showing, Addicted

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Sep 23, 13 2:39 AM
Not on the Walkthrough listing either.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 23, 13 2:42 AM
Not sure whats going on with the w/throughs I'm still waiting for hansel and gretel w/t before I buy

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Sep 23, 13 2:54 AM
gillydi53, no need to wait for a walkthrough for Hansel and Gretel. I just finished it and trust me you don't need a wakthrough. the HINTS feature is more than enough. However, if you want to look at the WT for the length of the game, it is on the short side. But it was enjoyable anyway.

As far as the problem with the walkthroughs in general, I think someone at BFG is not paying attention. The person responsible for posting the game page, with link to the walkthrough is not the same person that is responsible to make sure the walkthrough actually exists on the server at the right location. I have never seen a walkthrough be available as soon as the link is. Don't understand why that can't be synchronized better.

Edited on 09/23/2013 at 3:00:22 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 23, 13 3:06 AM
A lot of us would appreciate it if someone at could please post the walkthrough. A link that leads nowhere on the game's main page is simply a source of aggravation!

Edited on 09/23/2013 at 3:08:16 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 13 3:07 AM
Even though it says that there is a walkthrough, quite often it doesn't appear until the next day, when the game comes out officially. Either then or later on in the day...

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Sep 23, 13 3:21 AM
It's my guess that the page was created using cut and paste from the Mystery Age: Dark Priests. I used to use the technique all the time and then change the links to the appropriate titles. Since there is no walkthrough, the link produces an error response.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 23, 13 4:12 AM
oldgamer - that may be the case here, but that would simply mean that the folks at BFG are becoming even more complacent and sloppy.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 23, 13 5:25 AM
While the Cork Mods don't officially become unemployed until today, what with holidays etc they haven't been available to put the forums up and so bfgFlounder has been doing it. Back in the day when Flounder always used to start the TGT forums off I don't think walkthroughs were available and consequently she might not think about those before going to bed.

A positive note is that I have been told, but not by her, that MargieB is still employed and walkthroughs will continue to be made.

Hopefully things will be more organised next week when Seattle has to look after everything from there but I think tha Valdy is right and the walkthrough won't appear until tomorrow.

Edited on 09/23/2013 at 5:26:37 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 13 5:41 AM
Cherby... Flounder is a he. Just thought I'd mention it.

Once only the Seattle mods are available, there won't be any Reviews and Technical Issues threads until 8 or 9 hours later, when they open for business at 8 or 9am (don't know when exactly).
That's why it was always so handy having the Cork office there, so that the mods in Cork could open and moderatore those threads when they are up and about at 8 or 9am, which is just about the time when the "new" day starts at BF.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Sep 23, 13 5:49 AM
Walk through is still not available but the SG you can buy is available. Thought that was a little strange and makes me wonder why they would include walk through on the game page if they really do not have one available yet. Also, have not seen very many times both a SG and a walk through offered for one game. Seems to me they would be pushing the SG and not really bothering with a walk through to.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 23, 13 6:31 AM
I always thought that a SG was only offered if the game had previously been offered as a CE, as far as I know this is the first offering of this game here (as SE). Was it maybe released somewhere else as a CE before coming here? I don't look for a WT until the "official" release date, the day after it comes out as TGT. The WT is always useful to check for length of game, which many people like to know before buying. Sorry about the Cork mods, we'll miss them but hopefully they will find jobs in their areas of expertise, they certainly were very good at what they did!

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Sep 23, 13 7:00 AM
No Walkthrough. Seems to me Big Fish getting a bit slapdash these days.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 23, 13 7:10 AM
read61 wrote:I always thought that a SG was only offered if the game had previously been offered as a CE, as far as I know this is the first offering of this game here (as SE). Was it maybe released somewhere else as a CE before coming here? I don't look for a WT until the "official" release date, the day after it comes out as TGT. The WT is always useful to check for length of game, which many people like to know before buying. Sorry about the Cork mods, we'll miss them but hopefully they will find jobs in their areas of expertise, they certainly were very good at what they did!

Nope. There are quite a few games where you can buy (for $6.99) a separate SG for a game, like for the game: "Hidden in Time: Mirror, Mirror".

Link: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5231/hidden-in-time-mirror-mirror-strategy-guide/index.html

You can see whether there is a separate SG with HOGs by going into the HOG genre. If there is a SG with the game, it will say so.

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on Sep 23, 13 9:08 AM
There is a walkthru of the CE version on-line. I can't list this info but you can't miss it. Hope this helps.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 23, 13 9:24 AM
If this came out as a CE I wish BF had offered it as such. I would have bought it as I also have the other Mystery Age games. My objection to a separate SG is that you can't open it while you have the game running unless I just don't know how to do it. GM usually tells you "Oops you have another game running". Bought the SG so now I'm going to go look at it then go back to the game..

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 23, 13 9:29 AM
I think that the link to a walkthrough is not working because BF is also offering a Strategy Guide for $6.99. I also do not like games that the Hint button is worthless except for HOS.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 23, 13 10:31 AM
How about actually giving us the walkthrough, ? I am sticking with my philosophy: No walkthrough = No purchase. Even though you got rid of our wonderful folks in Cork, it is now 10:30 a.m. in Seattle - could you please wake someone up and post the walkthrough?

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 23, 13 10:34 AM
all links for the walkthrough go to another site which asks you to download various things i don't want anymore or answer:this game is not out yet!!on the dev site the game is not out yet and i don't find any CE version anywhere,ecven if the tittle hasCE after!

Go to: