dirtdazzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by dirtdazzy on Sep 23, 13 7:01 PM
Along the way i've figured out somethings that I wish I knew when I first started! So thought I'd share to hopefully save some others the learning curve.

#1 Tip Strong Energy Talisman in the store in the talismans section on the last page, it restores energy faster by 40% for 12 hours for 4,000 gold/coin.

2# If you are few hundred experience points from the next level and out of energy go to the artifact crafting, you likely have something you can craft to fill the gap.

3# If you are near leveling up, but still have energy, don't be in too much of a rush to collect the reward if it will push you over the amount of experience needed. Burn through your energy by exploring or helping creatures on the map. So that way you have maximum energy gain when you level up and the energy bar refills.

4# Can't find the items needed to help that creature on your map? Go to the store in the creature section, many of the items needed are available in packs of 10 for 10,000 coins. Got a bunch of mimes and no hats? no problem. Got a map full of those pesky scarecrows, No longer a problem.

5# Can't seem to get any neighbors from the random generation list? Check the forum for thread where individuals post their friends, and get neighbors quickly. You can also post your friend code to let others add you.

6# Can't seem to gather gold? Check your talismans to see if you have any that boost gold before you start exploring. Another great one is have neighbors, you get gold for your first visit to their manor each day, and receive extra gold by helping creatures on their manor map. You'll be raking in that gold in no time.

Just some of the things I've learned(the hard way) while playing the game. Others please feel free to share your tips. Lets help each other.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 12:42:06 PM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

Re:Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 23, 13 9:30 PM
Dirtdazzy, this is a really, really great list of tips! I would have LOVED to have read something like this when I started out, great work!

I would possibly add that it's important to use the wishlist, and it's good to have a mix of free and not free items on your wishlist so that both advanced and newbie neighbors can send you the things you need. I've noticed that a lot of my low-level neighbors don't make use of their wishlists.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 23, 13 9:38 PM
Thanks Diz One other tip I found is that if you have max energy before you visit your neighbors that enery you get from them is added to your max. Say if you have 200 max energy and get 40 from neighbors your new total is 240.

Hope this helps.

dirtdazzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dirtdazzy on Sep 23, 13 9:40 PM
Thank you for your kind words Spocalina. And I completely agree!

I know it took me a while to figure out how to put stuff into wish list, and the tremendous value it is! If you are missing an item for crafting with, you can click on the little icon that looks like a present to add to your list.
Your personal list can be seen in your artifact crafting tab at the top. If you want to remove an item just click that items little X to remove it.
Getting the charge items needed to craft such as 5 magic dusts is so much easier when friends give them, versus trying to track down the creatures that can award them, and hope they drop 1.

Do not underestimate the power of free gifts! They so totally rock. Many thanks to all my neighbors for gifts!!!!

jaylow22
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jaylow22 on Sep 24, 13 4:32 AM
Excellent advice dirtdazzy. The strong energy talisman is essential when you get to the higher levels, because your energy won't fill completely overnight without one. With this, you can be assured that you wake up to a full belly of energy. Also, it's an absolute bargain at 4000 coins!

[Post New]by Suburbanbanshee on Sep 24, 13 4:42 AM
Another tip:

1. Do NOT use gems unless you really need them. You will need them later, and you usually only get three or four from the game every day. Spending real money for gems should be your last resort. (Although of course the game is a lot easier if you just buy scads of gems with your real money.)

2. Wait until you're charged up to full energy. Then use more than one talisman at once for maximum usefulness and earning power.

For example, if you have Fireball giving you more 50% gold for exploring for 60 minutes, you can also use a talisman making it more likely to find things, and/or a talisman giving you more experience for exploring. (And as noted above, you really want that coin-bought Strong Energy Talisman running to refill your energy faster, pretty much all the time.)

However, talismans of the same kind don't "stack" in use and multiply their effects. If you're using a Fireball to give you more gold, there's no sense trying to use another Fireball to give you more gold. If you try to use 2 talismans of the same general kind at the same time, the game will ask you if you want to replace one with another -- and of course that would be a waste! (I don't know if you can use Fireball and Piggy Bank together.)

Since you've only got 30 minutes or an hour to explore with a lot of these goodies, don't waste time helping creatures on your map or other peoples' maps. (Unless you're getting to the point of hitting another level, etc.) Creatures wait for you.

3. When you're helping creatures on other people's maps, check and see what they give you compared to what they cost you. Some creatures give a lot more gold than others, while giving exactly the same items as lower level creatures of the same type.

A Hunchback is worth 50 coins more than a Mime, so you may as well save your Buttons for the Hunchbacks. (If you really need to squeeze out every last coin, you can go back afterwards and help the Mimes and Jugglers until your buttons are all used up.)

4. On the other hand, if you're looking for something (like the Hearts) that all the creatures in the same group can give you, but which they don't give out very often, you will probably want to help every single one.

Edited on 09/24/2013 at 5:07:36 AM PST

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 24, 13 11:00 AM
Wow, this thread is awesome! I just learned something new. I never realized that your neighbor's creatures who take the same item give out different rewards! Thanks so much for sharing that Suburbanbanshee!

dirtdazzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dirtdazzy on Sep 25, 13 1:49 PM
Thank you for sharing those tips suburbanbanshee! I've become more attentive to what I use those on when I visit my neigobors, especially since I never have enough to clear all the creatures. That is a really great tip!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 26, 13 2:45 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for the great tips! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread so it's easy for other players to find and add to!

Thanks,

bfgDeveron

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 26, 13 9:55 PM
Wow, thank you dirtdazzy for starting this. Wonderful info for us all!

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 2, 13 10:00 AM

There are 2 other great threads that you will want to check out:

Technical issues newbies should know -
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/258450.page

and great news about neighbors -
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/257670.page

And, of course, post your neighbor code in the neighbor code thread so that we can add you to our own neighbor lists, and you can add us to yours!

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 2, 13 4:52 PM
Searching the rooms and banishing ghosts of any kind on your own map as well as helping your creatures brings you in the hall of fame. The first 3 winners get chests.

This is what you get:
(a "-" means that I don't know yet what you get on this place, feel free to PM me for updates)

Ghost hunter:
1st: each 50* purple gerbera, ruby cowberry, refreshing dew, each 10* pilgrim's compass, astronomical clock
2nd: -
3rd: each 50* purple gerbera, ruby cowberry, refreshing dew

Master of Genies:
1st: -
2nd: each 50 gerberas, refreshing dew, cowberries, 10 armillary spheres
3rd: each 50* heart, peacock feather, purple gerbera (this time I got each 50* purple gerbera, ruby cowberry, refreshing dew. I completed all quests in ifrit palace and hobbit hut)

Octopus catcher:
1st: each 50 of bravehearts, peacock feathers, gerberas, 10 paranormal traps, 10 genies dwelling
3rd: 50 each of bravehearts, peacock feathers, gerberas

Marine Queens:
1st: each 50* heart, ruby cowberry, purple gerbera, each 10* paranormal trap, nutrition dew
2nd: each 50* heart, ruby cowberry, purple gerbera, 10* paranormal trap
3rd: each 10* heart, ruby cowberry, purple gerbera

Researcher:
1st: -
2nd: 1* resonating amulet, 10000 coins, 20 diamonds, 200xp
3rd: 5000 coins, 10 diamonds, 100xp

Collector:
1st: each 5* bell, magnifier, light bulb, watch, hammer, problem solver
3rd: each 5* bell, magnifier, light bulb

Traveler:
1st: 2* good luck charm, 2* gold piggy bank, 2* energy talisman, 15000 coins, 300xp
3rd: 2* good luck charm, 5000 coins, 100xp

Creatures:
1st: 2 Luxury Elixirs, 2 Energy Talismans, 1 Piggy bank, 15000 coins, 300xp
2nd: 2 Luxury Elixirs, 2 Energy Talismans, 10000 coins, 200xp
3rd: 2* Luxury Elixier, 5000 coins, 100xp

Day:
1st: 20000 coins, 30 diamonds, 300xp
2nd: 15000 coins, 20 diamonds, 200xp
3rd: 10000 coins, 10 diamonds, 100xp

Shadows:

Night:

Anagram:

Puzzle:
3rd: 10000 coins, 10 diamond, 100xp

Edited on 10/16/2013 at 1:50:50 PM PST

[Post New]by Silverthornfire on Oct 3, 13 7:46 PM
Ghosts

I've read that several ppl are giving up or on the point of giving up because they can't get rid of their ghosts.. or their area is full of ghosts.

So here are my tips:

1. Go to the RUNE board (the left hand side one).. this recycles every 5 hrs, so it's easy to build up on the items from the chests there.. and here is where you get your never ending supply of JUGS for those unicorns etc (really, I am down to my last 60), also the WHITE & GOLD WITCH cards come from the top chests (left for gold, right for white). Also other goodies.. but those GOLD cards are the ones you want.

2. Using the 'change mode' on your ghost infested building.. use the GOLD cards to switch to a ghost you can either get rid of or have an artifact for. I've found some of the ghosts are easier to get rid of (twilight & marine queen) than others.

3. Build the NAUTILUS and use it.. it gives you unlimited time EVERYWHERE in your areas... (not in the rune boards tho) so you don't have to worry about being timed or hitting the wrong spot.. it won't deduct 5 secs every time haha.

4. And building the artifacts for the ghosts.. and also you can pick up the full artifacts from getting high scores (beating your own) or not using any hints during the puzzle (search object).

5. Also you can use the GOLD Cards for ADDING ghosts to the building that you need to have them on for a quest.

Edited on 10/03/2013 at 7:48:17 PM PST

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 6, 13 12:27 PM
Another tip for dragon mazes

Don't put trees on your help list! You have 24 hours for each maze and a tree is easily fed with the two free food items. The 150 food thing recharges after half an hour so you have plenty of time for the trees.

Every neighbor can feed your help request only once a day. When they feed your tree, they can't feed your dragon! And dragons need:
pink one: 1000
ice dragon 3.000
fire dragon: 10.000

The last 2 will be hard on free stuff on your own...but you will not like to spend diamond on food

edited for correctness. Thx Rumbi!

Edited on 10/08/2013 at 8:29:00 AM PST

The Gazebo of Mystery

[Post New]by BlueTalonGryphon on Oct 8, 13 6:11 PM
1 useful tip I have is always check in at the gazebo when its in mist because of the bonuses especially for the fifth day when you also get 5 gems which if like me you refuse to buy them is great help

harnold156
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harnold156 on Oct 8, 13 9:48 PM
spocalina wrote:Dirtdazzy, this is a really, really great list of tips! I would have LOVED to have read something like this when I started out, great work!

I would possibly add that it's important to use the wishlist, and it's good to have a mix of free and not free items on your wishlist so that both advanced and newbie neighbors can send you the things you need. I've noticed that a lot of my low-level neighbors don't make use of their wishlists.

harnold156
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harnold156 on Oct 8, 13 9:51 PM
Spokalina, you were my first friend on here and I want to still play but it wont load

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 9, 13 9:17 AM
Free energy every 5 hours

You need plenty of mayan runes and/or coins to buy kits if you get stuck on a tile.

Collect the chests and you will find 5 crystals, a soda and an energy jam (as well as lots of other things) and if you're lucky there might be a green lightning on the board worth 20 units.

Use 10 crystals to refresh and again collect the chests.

You end up with 160+ energy fillers and as you collected 10 crystals, it has paid for itself.

If you had bought the equivalent amount of energy in the store it would cost you over 34 crystals.

Drisana
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Drisana on Oct 11, 13 5:08 AM
2 tips to earn real time

- First gifting :
You can't search for a friend in the "search box" if you're playing in full screen mode, but it's working in windowed mode
- 2nd is for mayan maze :
Draw your path backward, from objects/energy/xp/chest to little blue guy. It's faster this way cause the little guy is not moving while you're using runes ! End with the rune that is just in front of your guy
Hope it help !

Edited on 10/11/2013 at 5:09:28 AM PST

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 25, 13 1:52 PM
Just want to add our gifting agreements:

People with empty wishlists or where you don't have what they wish are glad to receive Thorium Ores and Flints.

Don't send (the to pay items):
* Purple Gerbera (tons of in the runes maze and in the hall of legends)
* Dragon Eggs (levels 40+ tend to have ca. 1000 of them in their backpack)
* Golden Grains (under level 40 you don't need them. Between L40-L45 you build up the mill and then they are required for going there)
* Peacock Feathers (in rune maze)
* Ruby Cowberry (in rune maze)

unless they are in the wishlist or except you are in desperate need of some additional gifts and have no ores and flints left

Go to: