bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your The Tiny Tale Tech Issues Here!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 24, 13 1:39 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Mac Game Troubleshooting
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

workers disappearing

[Post New]by dcliburn on Oct 3, 13 3:13 AM
As I am playing on some levels I will see that there workers but they will quit working and stay in the tree. If I back out and try the level again sometimes it will not have the same problem the next time I try the level.

On one level I lost the single worker I had. He would say ok but there was no one at all to do anything. Therefore I was unable to move forward in the level at all. I have a PC

Re:Post Your The Tiny Tale Tech Issues Here!

[Post New]by dcliburn on Oct 3, 13 4:17 AM
I restarted the game and have not seen the problem since. Will update if that changes

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 3, 13 10:44 AM
ok nother problem,,,my guys go to the portal jump up and down, but there is no progross bar, no usage of food,,,left it for 10 minutes,,and no destroying the portal....help please

god i miss when there were more people here,,,,no way to know if its just me,,,or if others are having the same problem...

[Post New]by linsypinsy on Oct 3, 13 3:49 PM
bella- I had a similar problem in level 39 with the mushroom village. The goblins would jump up and down, but they weren't depleting resources or building the village. I restarted the game (on a Mac) and the problem seemed to solve itself. Hopefully yours will too!

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 3, 13 7:25 PM
my problem is that the background is completely black. Basically, that means I can only see things that are moving. And the black gremlins are pretty much invisible. Obviously a graphics problem . . .I've updated everything, so I don't know what else to try . .

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 3, 13 8:49 PM
Is this the mac forum or the pc forum?

I got here from the pc game, but when I click on the picture to the left of the forum title, it takes me back to the MAC game. Also, the tech message above talks about MAC issues. How do I get to the PC version forum???

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 3, 13 9:15 PM
There's only one forum, for both platforms.

I'm having the same problem with building the mushroom village on level 39. My gremlins are jumping up and down, but there's no progress meter, and my gold is not being reduced. I've attempted the level twice now - the first time there was NO progress at all, the second time they had some progress, ran out of gold and all went back to the tree, and when I got more gold and assigned them again, they did the same thing.

Edit: after 3 goes at this level, I closed the game and reopened (did not start over from level 1). THIS time, it worked properly.

Edited on 10/03/2013 at 9:30:08 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Oct 4, 13 1:19 AM
On level 1, I followed the tutorial to harvest food, chop down a tree and build a house. Then I clicked ahead a bit (it let me) to clear some blockages, collect a few items and chop some more trees.

By the time the tutorial told me to clear the pile of wood blocking the path, I had already cleared it. But everyone is now frozen, waiting for me to click on something that's no longer there.

Menu button non responsive. Have to kill the game via Task Manager.

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by suki26 on Oct 4, 13 3:10 AM
bella81762 wrote:ok nother problem,,,my guys go to the portal jump up and down, but there is no progross bar, no usage of food,,,left it for 10 minutes,,and no destroying the portal....help please

dcliburn wrote:As I am playing on some levels I will see that there workers but they will quit working and stay in the tree. If I back out and try the level again sometimes it will not have the same problem the next time I try the level.

I've had both of these issues.

Now my workers won't do anything, no matter what I click on. I've restarted the game several times, but it won't work.

This is (was!) a fun game, what a shame it's so buggy. A waste of money!

[Post New]by Octobot on Oct 4, 13 5:49 AM
I’ve also experienced problems with the game on my PC. I only got to level 2 when my problem started. As soon as level two is over it throws me out of the game and give me the following Error: Access violation at 0X4FE58572 (Tried to read from 0X00000024), Program terminated.

I’ve uninstalled the game twice from my PC and reinstalled it to try and fix the problem but no luck.
Please help!

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Oct 5, 13 7:26 AM
I am having the same issues as Octobot., it lets me play level 1, then throws me out of the game and will not reload. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

[Post New]by bitwhat on Oct 5, 13 11:25 AM
there's been some minor bugginess all along, though they were going away when I restarted a level... now I am on the mushroom village level -- and there is *no* mushroom village to rebuild!! I see that others have had the problem that the gremlins are jumping up and down and no progress is being made -- but I don't even have a place to send them to work on the mushroom village... Very frustrating to spend 10 bucks on a game that is SO buggy!

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Oct 5, 13 1:49 PM
Unique problem here ...

Downloaded the trial to demo the game for the first time. After it went through the installation/activation is states the trial is over without even being able to play it.

This is a new one for me since I've never ran into this issue with any games before.

quarters94
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by quarters94 on Oct 6, 13 11:38 AM
I've been having problems on the part 3 spooky, level 29 and every time I'm supposed to beat the "Damned king" nothing happens no matter how much food I have. I've started over 5 times. Also my germlins don't always go when I click on items

Multiple Glitches

[Post New]by OhSydneyVintage on Oct 6, 13 1:57 PM
I'm on a PC. Throughout the levels, I've also had the problem where I'll have two gremlins, then one just stops working and stays in the tree. I looked past that, but then I got to level 20. Every time my gremlin starts punching a tree or log, he keeps punching long after the task is completed.

I won't be able to finish the game until that glitch is fixed. Bummer, I was excited to have a lazy game playing Sunday.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 6, 13 4:45 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with gameplay issues like slowness or glitches, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that clears the problem up. You can read more on doing that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

You might also try ensuring that all game related drivers and programs are up to date using our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can lend a hand. They'll be able to look further into that and offer other advice.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Kamm906 on Oct 6, 13 8:55 PM
My game is buggy as heck on the dungeon levels.. does fine on the rest.. but on dungeon levels the toon just gets stuck... and I wait after each task is completed before I start a new one... had to restart all the dungeons several times before I could get thru them.. on last dungeon now.. and frankly just tired of the bug..

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Oct 7, 13 9:22 PM
Same for me as the realdragon: the screen background is black. Can't really see much except the pumpkins, wood, etc. I'm going to delete and move on.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 10, 13 1:34 PM
lilpollyesther I'd recommend checking to make sure that all of the software and drivers on your computer are completely up to date. This can often help games run more smoothly and take care of those display issues. For help finding any updates, just click HERE.

Kamm906, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your game, just to be sure everything has downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't work, please submit a help request HERE for our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps would be happy to look into your issues and offer some suggestions.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 10/10/2013 at 1:34:56 PM PST

Go to: