StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Fairway Solitaire HD iPad version recent update

[Post New]by StarThrower on Sep 24, 13 4:57 PM
Can anyone tell me why the recent update has placed little lock icons on courses that I've already previously completed with 3 stars? The courses are still playable, but I don't understand those locks?

Re:Fairway Solitaire HD iPad version recent update

[Post New]by whiskeymojo on Sep 25, 13 5:03 AM
When you complete the daily challenges you can unlock the game and complete another challenge for a trophy. Right now we are stuck at the dunes challenge, it does not work

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Sep 25, 13 7:44 AM
whiskeymojo wrote:When you complete the daily challenges you can unlock the game and complete another challenge for a trophy. Right now we are stuck at the dunes challenge, it does not work

Thanks for the reply Whiskey, but I'm still confused. The locks appear on the regular course pack menu pages (not on the daily challenges), with each course in that pack showing a little lock and a large grayed out number of 1-4. The first course on each pack page does not have a lock (but does have a number 1). I have completed all of the available courses (except for several) of the expensive GB courses, and all with 3 stars.

I have also completed most of the daily challenges with 3 stars and trophy and do not see any correlation (or additional challenge) of the daily course wins to the regular courses?

Gosh, I feel really stupid with suddenly not understanding these little locks and numbers!

goop2000
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by goop2000 on Sep 25, 13 9:16 AM
The cups on the course packs are just like the daily challenges. Start on the FIRST course of a pack and win the challenge it has to unlock the NEXT hole challenge of that particular pack. Tap the challenge counter to see what the challenge is for the hole or check your scorecard. Remember, start on the FIRST hole and win that challenge...you will not see the challenges on the other holes until you unlock the padlock on the hole. Also, to even get challenge cups to appear on the hole, you have to have 3 starred the entire pack.

Note on pack 2 there is an issue with a course (this is on iPad BTW)... do not worry about it.. you can still play all the other packs.

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Sep 25, 13 4:50 PM
goop2000 wrote:The cups on the course packs are just like the daily challenges. Start on the FIRST course of a pack and win the challenge it has to unlock the NEXT hole challenge of that particular pack. Tap the challenge counter to see what the challenge is for the hole or check your scorecard. Remember, start on the FIRST hole and win that challenge...you will not see the challenges on the other holes until you unlock the padlock on the hole. Also, to even get challenge cups to appear on the hole, you have to have 3 starred the entire pack.

Note on pack 2 there is an issue with a course (this is on iPad BTW)... do not worry about it.. you can still play all the other packs.

Oh! Now I get it! I wasn't realizing that you had to replay the first course of a pack to get the challenge to activate. I did try replaying other courses to see if they would affect the lock, but never tried replaying the first one. Duh! Thank you very much Goop!

Go to: