Into the Haze

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Into the Haze

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 25, 13 12:29 AM
Rescue a young girl from the clutches of an ancient demon in Into the Haze! Guide your character through the mist of a hair-raising supernatural adventure, where she'll encounter an ancient fog demon summoned by her sister-in-law in a magic ritual gone wrong. Race to rescue the heroine's daughter, Emily, before the demon claims her prize. Your powers of observation will need to be keen as you search for hidden objects, and your puzzle-solving skills will need to be at their best as you crack dozens of brain-bending enigmas and complete mini-games unlike any you have played.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Into the Haze

[Post New]by Nilosh on Sep 25, 13 1:40 AM
Once upon a time there were HOPA games that first came out and thrilled us with creepy stories, hand drawn artwork, relatively good graphics and sound, standard junk-piled HO scenes that were NOT iteractive and fun mini-games where you needed some patience to solve. Into the Haze by **** brings nostalgia back to us with this very rudimentary game that offers no bells or whistles but a straightforward game that may please beginners.

You have two play modes to choose from, no sparkles and black bar tips that will hold your hand throughout the game. A journal that outlines the story and really that is about it.

I personally will pass up as I can always go back and play the earlier games in my archive. However if you enjoy HO scenes and a good story about a malevolent fog, dark magic and the supernatural, this may just please you. If you have a spare game credit then by all means, this game is good but far from being great like some of the SE games that we get today.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 25, 13 2:04 AM
As NIlosh has already summed up the following, I won't re- invent the wheel
Nilosh wrote:Once upon a time there were HOPA games that first came out and thrilled us with creepy stories, hand drawn artwork, relatively good graphics and sound, standard junk-piled HO scenes that were NOT iteractive and fun mini-games where you needed some patience to solve. Into the Haze by **** brings nostalgia back to us with this very rudimentary game that offers no bells or whistles but a straightforward game that may please beginners.

You have two play modes to choose from, no sparkles and black bar tips that will hold your hand throughout the game. A journal that outlines the story and really that is about it.

However I will be using a PCC to purchase his game as I do enjoy HO scenes and a good story about a malevolent fog, dark magic and the supernatural and a relaxing time every now and then to just play a game without being concerned about achievements etc and thereby being able to use the hint system if I am really stuck.
Cheers

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Sep 25, 13 2:14 AM
I agree, yet another 'old' style game. The blurb on the front page for this game says 'your puzzle-solving skills will need to be at their best as you crack dozens of brain-bending enigmas and complete mini-games unlike any you have played.' I came across three in my half an hour that were tired old things and so easy two of them took less than 10 seconds. There is no challenge at all. May tomorrow will offer something decent. My credits and free games are piling up, there is nothing to spend them on.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Sep 25, 13 2:28 AM
Almost 2.5 hours after the game has been released and no technical thread. I would very much like to demo this game, however, the voiceovers sound like they are gargling. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does it. Is this really part of the game?

Marty

brendavba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by brendavba on Sep 25, 13 2:52 AM
Have played the demo. I would really like this game if it wasn't for the fault with the sound. I thought at first it was part of the special effects, but surely it shouldn't sound like this? I continued to play with the sound off, but it spoilt my enjoyment of the game. I shall uninstall this and hope it gets fixed soon so I can purchase it.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 25, 13 2:58 AM
I like this game. It is my kind of game. In fact I do believe I like most of the gamesw by this developer. The fog, the ghost person and the lady are helping me to get into the story so I want to know what happens. I have purchased it with a PCC.

Thanks BFG and ****.

Edited on 09/25/2013 at 2:58:54 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 25, 13 3:43 AM
I was enjoying the game, as others have said a simple but good game, but with the first puzzle, the lock on the gate, I started having graphic anomalies and glitches. I think my experience combined with what others have said about sound issues it might be broken. I'll watch for a patch.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Sep 25, 13 4:16 AM
OMG WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE SOUND. Seems like a nice game. There are definitely some tech problems with the sound. Will wait till BF responds to these tech problems before I buy.

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Sep 25, 13 4:26 AM
I think that's why there is a "Mute" button.....

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 25, 13 4:31 AM
I didn't have problems with the sound or the graphics at any time during the demo.

Sounds like one of you poor fishies ought to start a technical probs thread, seeing the mod hasn't done it for us.

I started a review thread for the same reason.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 25, 13 4:40 AM
I like the game enough to buy it with a punch card...but I can't with the Sound difficulties. It's broken and scratchy. I'll wait till they get the fix...if they do.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Sep 25, 13 5:23 AM
I have the same problem with the sound .Scratchy and squeaking, I couldn´t even finish the demo.
Regarding mute button:that takes away all the fun.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Sep 25, 13 6:01 AM
I like this one,i didn't have any problems with the sound.It's worth using one of my coupons on.Might wait till Thursday according to Hondo's highlights the game should be a SE not collectors one.

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Sep 25, 13 8:16 AM
There should be a technical thread on this game. I downloaded and also have the gurgly sound or whatever you want to call it. It just isn't in the music, it is also in the talking. I tried playing the game and had to quit because of that and it seems like it might be a good game.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 25, 13 8:18 AM
I like this game and it's fun and interesting to play but the sound is really intolerable. It is worth a PCC only if the sound can be fixed. Seems a simple but doable game, nice and easy with good graphics. Sound affects are also good so I used that as my sound since the music was so bad.

Hope a fix comes soon. Otherwise, I'll pass.

whebeck
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by whebeck on Sep 25, 13 8:28 AM
Not even into the game. Listened to the man say he hurt his leg and find the first aid kid. Hit the highlighted area and it froze - twice. Not a good thing so early!!

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 25, 13 8:49 AM
I don't know why everybody is crying about the sound it sounds just wonderful to me and I'm a musician with a very good ear! ;v) I've sat here and listened to the game both with and without the music turned on and it still sounds great! ;v) I think somebody needs to update their sound card drivers! ;v)

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 25, 13 9:54 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting that tech thread up. That can now be found HERE, so if you'd like to re-post your comments there, or run into any future issues, those can be posted in that thread.

We're looking into the sound issue that some of you reported. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about that. In the meantime, if you could email our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix, our Reps can do some investigating to help sort out what's happening. They'll also be able to collect more data about the issue so that can be escalated if necessary.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by putter1956 on Sep 25, 13 10:02 AM
really nice game--love it--keep more coming!!!!

Go to: