bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Into the Haze Tech Issues Here!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 25, 13 9:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dgbtrbgh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post Your Into the Haze Tech Issues Here!

[Post New]by dgbtrbgh on Sep 25, 13 9:44 AM
I am playing the demo with a PC system. I got across the lake to the house. When I go to the right side of the house and click on the HO scene I lose my cursor and have to hit ESC to get out of that scene. That puts me to the front of the house. Then I can go to the left of the house and have no problems there. Then I went back to the right of the house and again I clicked on the HO scene and I lost my cursor again. Once more I hit ESC and I'm back in front of the house. At this point I exited the game. Has anybody else had this happen?

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Sep 25, 13 10:41 AM
Vista Home Edition - I download this game I voice is very staticy - help

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on Sep 25, 13 11:16 AM
The music and voiceover are glitchy and the voiceover cuts off before completing the written dialogue. Others are having the same problem but posted under another subject as the tech issues thread wasn't available when they posted. I do not have a problem with any of my other games or recent trials.

[Post New]by OldLady12 on Sep 25, 13 12:08 PM
I can't even download the game to try. Keep getting "installation failed".
Using Windows XP media center edition (I know.... older than the hills), but have never had this problem until today and I download a game every day.

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Sep 25, 13 12:17 PM
I get no sound when I try to play.
Using Windows 7 64bit

Edited on 09/25/2013 at 12:19:31 PM PST

dgbtrbgh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by dgbtrbgh on Sep 25, 13 12:28 PM
Yeah, I had a mess of glitch stuff when the game first started. Then it cleared up.

lindseywoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindseywoo on Sep 25, 13 12:55 PM
i installed the game and right off the bat it started acting very strange. Things started blinking in and out on the first ho game. I couldn't get out of the scene so I had to shut down. Uninstalled and tried again. It seemed to have worked until I got into the game. Same thing again. I wouldn't care but once it started working I bought it. Live and learn.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 25, 13 1:41 PM

Re:Into the Haze

by ladygem6 on Sep 25, 13 8:18 AM

I like this game and it's fun and interesting to play but the sound is really intolerable. It is worth a PCC only if the sound can be fixed. Seems a simple but doable game, nice and easy with good graphics. Sound affects are also good so I used that as my sound since the music was so bad.

Hope a fix comes soon. Otherwise, I'll pass.

megagray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by megagray on Sep 25, 13 4:17 PM
I played the demo and even though it was very short thought I would purchase. No problems until after purchase. Then when I went to put cork in ice machine it started blinking and the cursor wouldn't work. Have gone in and out of game a couple of times to see if it would work better. Install & uninstall. Still blinking. Now from reading this thread see that others have the same problem.

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Sep 25, 13 6:32 PM
No sound at all!

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Sep 26, 13 3:31 AM
This game needs either a patch or some serious reconstruction. The music cuts out and the graphics are very glitchy. The game doesn't crash completely but have get out and go back in to continue playing It happens too often to be able to play the game. Could be a good game if not for these issues.
Please find a fix!
Thank you

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Sep 26, 13 8:06 AM
It will not let me pick up the jack from the guitar case. I found the handle and tried putting on the jack, but still will not let me pick up the jack. Very frustrating! I was enjoying this game!

lindseywoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindseywoo on Sep 26, 13 8:56 AM
lindseywoo wrote:i installed the game and right off the bat it started acting very strange. Things started blinking in and out on the first ho game. I couldn't get out of the scene so I had to shut down. Uninstalled and tried again. It seemed to have worked until I got into the game. Same thing again. I wouldn't care but once it started working I bought it. Live and learn.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 26, 13 9:40 AM
This game seems to run better on older systems because I just finished the demo and had absolutely no problems with the look, sound, or movement within the game. However, my pc is nine years old running Windows XP. I'm lucky because I like the game and will probably purchase someday. Hope the problems afflicting systems newer than mine get worked out because the game is good for beginners because it's very easy.

The only glitch I have that I don't see others writing about is that the letters 'i' and 'l' (that is, the letter between 'k' and 'm', lower case) are frequently missing in words containing those letters in the journal. I can still make out the rest of the words and everything makes sense but many of these two letters are frequently missing in the words there. Very strange!

Edited on 09/26/2013 at 9:44:05 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 26, 13 9:54 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems with the sound in the game, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the game:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, our Tech Support Team will definitely want to hear about that so we can look into what's causing the problems.

If you're having issues downloading the game, our help article here goes over some basic troubleshooting steps:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're seeing graphics errors or glitches, updating your game related programs and drivers may help. Our article here goes over how to do that in more detail:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to assist you further so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by saralee69771 on Sep 26, 13 1:37 PM
I am trying to play the game and most of the screen is black, I have the inventory / menu area and the faded opening / title screen...please help

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Sep 26, 13 8:46 PM
Downloaded smoothly, but will not open at all. Not even the main screen with developer name. Will try and reload and see what happens.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 27, 13 1:01 PM
saralee69771, it sounds like some software or a driver on your computer could use an update, to ensure that it's communicating well with your game. For info on that, just click HERE.

1357wc, I'd suggest running your game as an administrator, to make sure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly.

If these suggestions don't work, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more specific suggestions to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Sep 27, 13 11:05 PM
Same here with shaky screen and voices cutting in and out. How does this not get noticed before release?

Go to: