Reviews for Sable Maze: Norwich Caves

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 27, 13 4:16 AM
Extracurricular Activities Under The Campus

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I liked this game immediately. It doesn’t start with the hype of many other quality games, but it has an intriguing story that promises some chills and spills. Everything about the game seems to be good, not great, but there’s nothing wrong with good!

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The graphics are excellent, I enjoyed their style and they are very clear and detailed. The cut scenes are really good. I was particularly impressed with the way they used of water and animations thereof. The sound track was nothing special, and very quiet compared to most games. But I did like the way it would suddenly change.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
A nutty professor (what other kind are there?), a bunch of resourceful but innocent students, and us left to find them all in the maze under the university. I appreciate the change of pace with this one, and the thought-provoking difficulties presented by the connections between the history of the university, the subjects the students are studying and the strange unnatural deluge of water that threatens everyone. This story definitely has me wanting to know what’s going on.

MAKING PROGRESS
The gameplay is evenly divided between mostly original puzzles/mini-games and HOPs that are a variation of the progressive silhouette – these are still a list, but of the ‘find and use’ type. I found the instructions to some of the puzzles are bit confusing.

Adventure gameplay is a bit tricky, I found myself needing help more than usual. There is an interactive jump map, which is good. There is no journal, which is bad. I could have used one. There is a directional hint and skip doesn’t take too long. I did need to skip a couple of puzzles in the demo.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

I think this is a good SE game. It has the production qualities, a good story, interesting gameplay. The CE has all the usuals (including very interesting collectibles and trophies), but I was not tempted to buy it. I think the value is in this version.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 09/27/2013 at 10:29:02 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sable Maze: Norwich Caves

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 27, 13 10:28 AM
Hey JustTheFacts and everyone!

Thanks for getting the reviews thread started. I'm just going to add in the information and get this stickied!

What do you think of Sable Maze: Norwich Caves? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Sable Maze: Norwich Caves page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 27, 13 10:28 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 09/27/2013 at 10:28:46 AM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 28, 13 1:29 AM
Playing the demo, I was immediately hooked by the story and the ambience of the university and bought the game on the 50% sale.

I like everything here except the progressive HOS. I found them to be somewhat confusing and needed to use a hint more than usual in order to know what action to take to obtain the next item. So far I have used the walkthrough once, and the interactive map has been not just helpful but necessary as it isn't always evident where to go next. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying this game a lot.

I will just say ditto to everything JustTheFacts said in her review and also recommend it. Good, fun game and worth the price.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Oct 1, 13 10:48 PM
I am really enjoying this game. A fun story, good graphics, and I love interactive H0s, so this is a buy for me. Also I like the 60's university flavor, but that's just personal. The one thing is I don't quite get the map.

OK, finished the game, and I have to give this a rare 5 stars. Loved it! The story was interesting, it's not same old, same old, graphics great, a good length, interactive scenes - I play a LOT of these HOG/adventure games and this was one of the best.

Edited on 10/02/2013 at 11:22:33 PM PST

[Post New]by nancytripp on Oct 6, 13 5:52 PM
Personally, I loved the progressive HOs and thought is was a nice change of pace.

Very good game. I actually wish I had purchased the CE version because I hated to see this one end.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 12, 13 6:41 PM
Did NOT like this game at all. Everything was confusing to me, even the Hidden Object scenes. I loved Sullivan River better.
Not a good game to me.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 27, 13 7:38 AM
an ok game

Go to: