spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

Hobbit Hut Quests

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 27, 13 9:07 PM
So... you guys know those quests you get when you go to the Hobbit Hut (or the Ifrit Palace), and they are timed? They have a countdown on the quest, starting at 72 hours I think?

Well what happens if you time out on one when the Hobbit Hut closes? Will you pick up where you left off the next time you enter the Hobbit Hut?

I'm asking because a fairly weird thing happened. (Long story about to begin, sorry in advance ). I got a series of quests (5 to find the artifact items and the 6th quest was to assemble it). I knew the timer starts when you actually click on the quest, so I clicked on the first 5, but did NOT click on the 6th one so that I would have more time to assemble it later. So, as planned, I found all 5 items, then clicked on the 6th quest to assemble the artifact. I needed 3 power of lightnings from the scarecrows, and by the time I found all 3, the Hobbit Hut had closed. I was still able to assemble the artifact and get my reward for the quest... so far so good!
But as soon as I collected my reward, I got another series of 6 timed quests for the Hobbit Hut! Even though the Hut has been closed for more than a day now. I've already clicked on the first quest and started the timer, so now I'm wondering what to do. There's no way I can find enough brave hearts to get in there again and find the items before that quest times out... and I really don't want to spend crystals on it... but I don't want to permanently lose a quest either!

Anyone have any experience with this?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Hobbit Hut Quests

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 28, 13 12:51 AM
Sorry Spocalina, I completed the quests it gave me in the time limit, so I have no idea. It didn't give me all the quests to make the relic so I assume the quest to make the final piece and the relic itself may be one of those weekly quest things. The Ifrit Palace did the same thing. Actually only the quests for the first part of the relic came up on that one and no amount of searching gave me any more pieces of the remaining artifacts.

Hopefully, you will be able to carry on where you left off.

I'm wondering if the Hobbit Hut is going to come up as a weekly quest soon. I'm getting loads of hearts from the unicorns, trees and dryads.... 25 in the last 2 days! Of course I may just be being lucky and I won't get another for months or perhaps you get more after opening the hut for the first time. I guess only time will tell.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 28, 13 1:48 AM
I've just looked at the Hobbit hut artifacts and I have some pieces left over after charging. If the one you've clicked on is one I have, add it to your wish list and I'll send it to you.

I have...
Birch Basket
Diamond Ashberry
Jade Necklace
Cane Ball
Comet Fragment
Wreath of Strength
Power Pumpkin
Golden Horn
Narwhal Tusk.

Hopefully it's one of these and the quests you haven't clicked on will stay there until next time you open it.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 28, 13 10:10 AM
Sorry, ladies I am not far enough along to be of any help. It seems to me these timed side quests, dragons, hobbit hut, infrit palace are designed to sucker us into spending real money to complete. I don't know what things you had to find in the quests to assemble the relics but it sounds like some of the same ones we needed to unlock it, like Brave Hearts (which took forever) and which of course we can't gift. If you knew what was needed before you started the timer so you could gather them beforehand would that have helped you make the time limit? The item from the scarecrow you needed does not show on my area scarecrows. Do you have to be at a higher level of helping them for it to become available?

Sorry again for so many questions and no answers for you. We are all so grateful to you pioneering ladies.I am hoping if we all put our heads together we can figure out a way to help you as you have helped us to save money. I am sure there are many of us who would give you anything you need even if we only have one to move you ahead.

Thank you and may the Force of your roomies be with you.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 28, 13 11:49 AM
Rumbi, if the Hobbit Hut does come up as a special quest soon, I hope that it won't delete all of our completed artifacts like it did this time around! I haven't been getting any more brave hearts than usual though (which is pathetically few, of course).

And thank you so much for your generous offer! I wish I could make use of it, but once I clicked on that quest, it went to the bottom of the quests on my screen. So now I would have to click on another unopened one just to get to the menu so I could scroll down and see which one I'd already opened. Haha... so confusing. It's alright though, I'm just going to help as many trees, dryads and unicorns as I have refreshing dew for, and then pay with crystals for the remaining brave hearts I need. At least they're only 1 crystal a piece. And next time, I will have learned my lesson and not try to "cheat" the game by waiting to open a new quest.

Dk413, thank you for the kind words, they made me blush! I've actually vowed not to spend a single penny on online games (and haven't yet, surprisingly!) so I've got nothing to lose and am so so happy I can help others in their journey to boot!

To answer your questions, I don't think it would have helped if I'd found the items beforehand, because it seems like the game doesn't always register that as a victory for the quest. Sometimes, if I've already found an item it counts to complete a quest, but other times it doesn't, and I haven't figured out the pattern yet. By the way, Rumbi, I was thinking the same thing might happen if you sent me an item as a gift -- it might not count for the quest anyway. :/ Not sure...

The items I was looking for were new ones... Once I open the Hobbit Hut again I can give more specifics, I don't remember off the top of my mind, but basically the ones Rumbi listed. And no, I wasn't looking for brave hearts to complete the quest, I just needed those in order to get into the Hut to look for what I needed. Hope that helps explain.

Oh! And about the scarecrows, yes, I think you can only get the power of lightnings charge from them after you've started this series of Hobbit Hut quests. I don't remember ever seeing them in the list of rewards before.

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 28, 13 12:35 PM
Rumbi, you could send me any of those I recently had the hobbit house and the other one appear on my home map. I'm actually making progress in this game! Woo hoo! Thank you all again for encouragements to stick it out when I first started! I also just got my first VIP. I saved for a month then waited a couple of days so I could get it on my birthday!

Edited on 09/28/2013 at 6:14:31 PM PST

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Sep 28, 13 1:10 PM
Thanks Spocalina that did help some. I still need a few branches from the trees but have extras of everything else. I guess having never done any of the side quests or the Mill you just have to dive in and experience one to be able to understand. Thanks to the info you pioneers shared it saved me from spending gems unnecessarily.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 28, 13 1:23 PM
Awesome! You've probably picked this up from the other threads by now, but just in case, make sure you hang on to all those extras. You need to collect all that stuff every time you want to unlock the Hobbit Hut, which stays unlocked for 3 days before closing again.

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 28, 13 1:42 PM
Well... to anyone that was wondering, it does not work to send a Hobbit Hut item to a neighbor. Rumbi sent me a narwhal tusk, which I had a quest to find. I got the tusk, but it had a red banner over the gift saying "Not Available", and when I tried to click the Accept button, a notification popped up saying "You will not be able to accept this gift until you find this object in the game."

Thanks for trying, Rumbi! I'll send it back to you as soon as I find my own tusk, and can accept your gift.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 28, 13 2:49 PM
Spocalina,

That is very interesting.

So, if we cannot gift artifacts until we've already found them, I wonder what the point of being able to gift them is, or if this is another glitch??? Any thoughts???

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Sep 28, 13 3:02 PM
I've asked for quite a few artifact items after having already found them just for the sake of making artifacts for xp and coins. You know, if you've already got 4 out of 5 items and the charges, it makes sense to ask for that 5th item if you think someone might have it and help give you a boost.

Or maybe there will be another "special" in the future where they will delete all our created artifacts and relics and make us do it over again, but at least we'll be able to swap pieces (like for the dragon key this time around).

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Sep 28, 13 3:12 PM
I'm so sorry it didn't work .... perhaps it will only work when the hut is actually open for the receiver.

EweJoy
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EweJoy on Sep 28, 13 6:18 PM
I've had that before but then once I found the artifact myself I could start receiving it as a gift after that. You just have to find it yourself 1x and then you can get it as a gift I don't think it's a glitch, I think it's to have the challenge in the game that you have to find them yourself the first time you need them.

dirtdazzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dirtdazzy on Sep 29, 13 8:35 AM
You don't have to activate the hut or ifirit place as soon as you collect all the items. So wait until your energy is full before doing so to maximize search capability. Also if you have any talismans that increase odds of finding objects use that to increase your chance of finding the quest items. And with the hobbit hut, I was able to accept all the quests at once, so I had a higher chance of finding something while I searched.

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Sep 30, 13 11:33 AM
Spolcalina, the same thing is happening to me at the moment. I've timed out on 1 relic and will time out on the other before the Hobbit Hut closes. But I did something really stupid...opened Gazebo, Hobbit Hut and Ifrit Palace all at the same time. Just wasn't thinking. That's why I'm climbing so quickly...searching those 3 things like a crazy person and putting together everything under the sun that will give me more energy to do so. A BIG WHOPPING THANK YOU to all my friends who have sent me Gazebo box artifacts!!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 2, 13 12:25 PM
A question for anyone who has been in the Hobbit Hut more than once

Did you build the eternity engine and complete the Solar Plasma relic?

I've only opened the hut once and I didn't get a quest to find the engine. If I open it again will the quest to find it pop up?

I have enough stuff to open it.... but should I?

Also I've enough to open the Ifrit Palace if the remaining quests appear.

Thanks

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Oct 2, 13 1:04 PM
Hi Rumbi,

I don't know how it is for the hobbit hut but for the Ifrit Palace, its the same than Gazebo: the remaining quests appears.
I guess the hobbit hut is the same.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 2, 13 1:17 PM
Thanks Zitron

If we don't get a weekly quest this week, I'll probably reopen one or other of them

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Oct 2, 13 1:28 PM
I assembled both of those. I THINK I got a quest to assemble the eternity engine, but now I can't remember for the life of me... I know I did not get a quest to assemble the solar plasma relic, and honestly just assembled it by accident before I realized I should wait and see if there's a quest or special for it later.

Oh, and since the Hobbit Hut and Ifrit Palace stay open for 3 days, I usually like to open them right as a quest ends, so that I can fully focus on them before the next quest shows up.

Go to: