SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

This is not the original Hello Venice

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 27, 13 10:07 PM
I stupidly and regretfully bought this game. At least it was on sale.

As I started to play the first levels, it seemed okay, but had NO directions at all on how to break barriers to keep the water flowing to the end.

So I googled it for reviews, cheats, hints, and anything else I could think of.

This is an Ala-ware game in all those reviews (no cheats, hints, or decent reviews), not the developer who offered it here at Big Fish. What is that all about???? Is Big Fish trying to pull some new wool over our eyes?????

The best I can tell you is DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING THIS GAME.

There are absolutely no instructions about anything. The mini game is to restore someone else's garden by growing plants, watering and de-bugging them, and keep them from dying at an incredible speed so you can clean up the garden of bricks AND then when you have enough money accumulated, you are asked to buy items for the garden that is the MINI-GAME, and at that time the mini-game ends. It is truly impossible to keep even 4 flowers alive long enough to make some money so you can buy more water, you have to buy the bug spray no matter what, and anything else is out of your price range.

The main game is okay, each board is very large and it moves as you make matches, so you can't see where you are going or come up with any strategy to get there.

You can make $5,000 to $6,000 by finishing a board, especially if you use no powerups, which seems absolutely ridiculous anyway. When you finish the main game boards - say 4 or 5 - you are told to play the mini game to make more money. What a crock that is.

If you make say $6,000 on playing the regular game, it's not enough to buy the tremendously expensive items for the garden. So you take their advise and move on to the mini-game, where you start out with $0 dollars. The most I have made in a mini-game is about $250. So, thinking I will go back to playing the regular game and have $6,250. NOT I start the new regular game with $250.

I intend to speak to BFG's about this as this is not the way the Ala-ware game plays. How do you ever earn enough money for an $8,000 to $10,000 item?? This is truly a rip off.

Edited on 09/27/2013 at 10:11:01 PM PST

Go to: