LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Game won't play

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Sep 30, 13 2:16 AM
For some reason when I press play on this games it just freezes my whole pc. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same thing happens. Running in windows 8 on a brand new laptop. Any suggestions??

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Game won't play

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 30, 13 2:59 AM
Mine did that to start with, but after going to task manager (before stopping the task) it kicked into life. I've W8 on a new machine too.

At end of trial it froze the cursor, but on clicking it freed it up.

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Sep 30, 13 3:04 AM
Running in windows 8 on a brand new laptop. Any suggestions??

I too

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 30, 13 3:11 AM
You could try running as administrator.

I found a black screen, and game minimized at bottom in task bar.

I could hear the game, but couldn't see it.

Try the task manager and see if that frees it up, like mine did.

[Post New]by alicia16106 on Sep 30, 13 7:13 AM
Having the same problem. I can see the icon on my task bar and can hear it but it won't play. Have tried task manager. That didn't work. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Mine is also W8 and a brand new laptop. Any other suggestions anyone?

pateo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by pateo on Sep 30, 13 7:21 AM
I too have the same problems and brand new windows 8 laptop. There seems to be a recurring theme here. I do hope that BF do something about it. Also it freezes my task manager

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Sep 30, 13 8:34 AM
The same is happening With the game on my New computer.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Sep 30, 13 9:19 AM
I've had good luck with using Task Manager to delete both the game and Game Manager, then re-booting my 'puter. Game Mgr downloads automatically when you re-DL the game.

I've been a Fishie for 7 years, from WinVista to Win7 and now with Win8, and have only had 2 games that just. wouldn't. work. (That's out of some 700 games.) I hope this works for you.

(Keep in mind, I haven't tried this game yet...)

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Sep 30, 13 10:06 AM
I join the rest of you having the same problem. I originally got in to play game, but shortly after game froze, had to use task manager to get out. Everytime I tried to play I had to use task manager to go out. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, then uninstalling, reinstalling game manager - no go. Hopefully this will be fixed and all windows 8 users will be able to try this game with no problems.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 30, 13 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't running properly for those of you running Windows 8. We definitely don't want that to be the case. Since this is happening to a few of you, I recommend letting our Tech Support Team know so we can investigate that further. I'm sure we can pinpoint the cause and get the game working for you.

Since this does appear to be a technical issue, I'll also go ahead and lock this discussion. Please feel free to post in the dedicated technical issues thread here with any problems in the game.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Go to: