bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 30, 13 9:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/30/2013 at 11:27:49 AM PST

Re:Post any Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation technical issues here only

[Post New]by tytybird123 on Sep 30, 13 12:25 PM
Cannot access the road sign to go to the JAIL , only visible part is the church half, and game does not fill whole screen, do not know if this is causing the problem ?

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Sep 30, 13 1:47 PM
Oooh wee!! After downloading the demo, I depressed the 'Play' button (from the game manager) and got only sound with a black screen. Depressing Ctrl, Alt, Del caused my whole system to lock up (Task Manager, BF Game manager, and the game). After about three Task Manager tries, I had to restart my system which cleared everything out. So much for that game (lol). No big deal; will simply move on to the next game!!

pia1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pia1947 on Sep 30, 13 2:05 PM
Deleting the game as I had the same issue as Robsim - my whole system also locked up and I had to restart my system.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Sep 30, 13 3:08 PM
For some reason, my problem is a lot different from all the other tech issues. This has happened twice now, but in a hidden object scene (specifically a Frog), I will
get some all of the objects of one of the objects and it kicks me out of the hidden object scene and no way to get back in to find the remaining objects needed to finish it. The first time this happened, I restarted the game from the beginning and was able to continue on. That was very early in the game, so no big deal. The second time, I am in chapter 4, the wine cellar HOP and it does it again. No way to get the HOP back again and the hint tells me I already have the item I need (which I don't since I haven't completed it yet). I am already too far into the game to start over.

I am using windows 7 on PC. Will be sending a Dr. Felix to CS but hoping someone else has any solutions.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Sep 30, 13 7:12 PM
I am having the same problem Jan. Mine is the scarecrow. I don't have the scarecrow as I got kicked out of the HO scene. Yet the game thinks I have the scarecrow. Extremely frustrating!!! I do hope there will be a fix.

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Sep 30, 13 9:29 PM
Just a thought here.....with alot of people having the same problems with the game but play on different types of computers, etc. why does BF think it is a problem with us. Perhaps it is the game. I can't even play this game for almost every tech problem others are having. I thoght these games were beta tested. Can't understand how a game with such problems can even be released for purchased.

[Post New]by jlandrist on Oct 1, 13 5:15 AM
Similar problem here except I cannot even go to the church. As soon as I click that direction, I get a white screen and have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to the Task Manager and close the game. My laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium and everything is up-to-date. This is really frustrating.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 1, 13 2:52 PM
Kind of glad I had a credit because I have been trying so far 4 times just to get the game to download. I know it is not my computer because I do not have this issue with other downloads. This is not the first time this has happened ever since BF updated their game manager. Not a happy camper right now.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Oct 1, 13 4:08 PM
I have same problem with the HOS. I am supposed to have roses and a scythe. All I got was the headstone. I cannot cut weeds now or anything. Bummer. Will try starting over. I hate starting over.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Oct 1, 13 5:12 PM
I have the same problems as Robsim also. Robsim wrote:
After downloading the demo, I depressed the 'Play' button (from the game manager) and got only sound with a black screen. Depressing Ctrl, Alt, Del caused my whole system to lock up (Task Manager, BF Game manager, and the game). After about three Task Manager tries, I had to restart my system which cleared everything out.
I tried uninstalling and downloaded again. I still have the same problem!

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 1, 13 11:40 PM
tytybird123 I'm having the same problem as you are. The pic does not fill out my full screen, but have been able to play the game UNTIL now when I need to get to the jail. I can see the J on the sign next to the Church sign, but I cannot go to the right to get to the jail. This is very frustrating. I also have been having lots of problems since they updated their game mgr.
UPDATE: I noticed after backing away from the church, to where you can see/go to the cemetary..I happened to be back away from my pc, and it dawned on me that I'd might be able to go right to the jail from there...and sure enough, it works. You can't be right up by the door to the church & the signpost. It's the same as when you put a puzzle piece on a door and you can't get it to open until you back out of the close up. Happy gaming.

Edited on 10/01/2013 at 11:51:17 PM PST

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Oct 1, 13 11:44 PM
Game freezes when the cemetery caretaker offers the ghost horn.

[Post New]by SHAMROCK1269 on Oct 2, 13 11:26 AM
Same problem as some of the other users....if I leave a HOS, I don't get a chance to go back and get the rest of the items. Therefore I cannot continue the game. Please either fix or refund.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 2, 13 2:45 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing in your games.

If you're having display issues, I'd recommend checking out our help article HERE for help finding software or driver updates on your computer.

If you're having download or installation issues, HERE is a help article with suggestions that frequently help get those working properly.

If you're having problems with in-game items not showing up when they should, or disappearing from your inventory, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your games to ensure that all of the files are downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can look more closely at the issues and offer options to help sort those out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

wikkie757
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wikkie757 on Oct 2, 13 10:24 PM
I play a lot of games from Big Fish and this is the first one that I am having problems with. As soon as I click to play my whole system freezes and I have to restart my computer.

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Oct 3, 13 2:47 AM
I have the same problem many are having. When I click play my whole computer freezes, I can't even use task manager because it's frozen too. I had to shut off the computer to get out. I'm playing on a brand new laptop with Windows 8.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Oct 4, 13 9:19 PM
Well, I'm having problems like the ones above but I'm all the way to get the crystal ball - almost the end. It didn't give me the bucket so I can't put out the fire. I can't even see the part of the screen the bucket is in. It kicked me out of the HOS. This could have been a really fun game if it wasn't so clunky and had so many bugs. I thought they were beta tested too.

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Oct 5, 13 3:39 PM
The hidden object scene located in the bushes outside the church kicked me out without my getting all of the pieces, so I can't continue in the game. I generally don't have problems with the games, so I don't think it's my computer.

[Post New]by plainjayne55 on Oct 6, 13 11:51 AM
I am at the Dark Forest or Woods - two headed dog and I have the sleep potion. My game will not allow me to use the sleep potion and move forward. I also am having issues with the conversations with various figures. After the conversation, the game won't let me click out to move on, and I have to keep trying over and over and over! I was hesitant in purchasing the game after reading some reviews, but felt I would give it a fair shot, (used a game credit). It seems as though this particular game, not our systems are the problem. Think it fair to either resolve the numerous issues, not on our end, and I would like a game credit given back to me. I hate uninstalling and reinstalling after getting to the point I am at present, and then having to replay from the beginning. I can't go forward in the game, and feel I have no other choice than to either uninstall or get out of the game and move on to something else!!! Totally frustrated!!

Go to: