bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Any Settlers of the West Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 1, 13 8:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post Any Settlers of the West Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 1, 13 9:11 AM
I can't download this one because every time I reach validation it completes it and starts validating all over again.

Windows 7 PC, Google Chrome

[Post New]by Michelles_Bells on Oct 1, 13 9:54 AM
My system doesn't support the screen resolution requirements.

Windows 7, Google Chrome

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 1, 13 10:46 AM
Hello All,

Michelles_Bells, I'd suggest checking for software or driver updates on your computers to make sure everything is communicating properly with that game. For assistance doing that, please click HERE.

JustTheFacts, I'd suggest downloading your game once again using the Alternate Method in your Big Fish Games app. To do that, just open the app, click on 'Options' on the top right-hand side, select the 'Advanced' tab and switch the download method to Alternate Method.

If these suggestions don't work, please contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer suggestions to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

michlynr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by michlynr on Oct 2, 13 1:03 PM
Game will not play. When I open it thru the game stub it does nothing but it shows up in the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Then I have to rt click and close the game because it wont do anything. It is windows 8 and new computer so it is up to date.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 2, 13 2:39 PM
Hello michlynr,

Sometimes updates can still be helpful on new computers. I'd suggest checking for software and driver updates, just to be sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. For assistance doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, I'd suggest contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so one of our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening here.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by trixybelle1 on Oct 2, 13 4:44 PM
I downloaded and played the free hr and purchased the game after the time ran out.
I had no problems or isssues with the free edition,after downloading full game i keep getting Corrupt file warnings within the game.1st 1 said gmActivator.exe is corruptfollowed by no2 saying B450F9A8 is corrupt.Please help as i like the game.I have checked for updates(none required) and un-installed and re-installed and there is no difference,the warnings keep coming up.Any ideas?

[Post New]by tuennes on Oct 3, 13 5:16 AM
I had no problems playing the free trial. But soon I bought the game I'm no longer able to save playing progress. My player ist remembered but I have to start every time at the beginnig with the tutorial again.
I updated, uninstalled an reinstalled game-manager - with full administrator rights- nothing changes. I uninstalled an reinstalled the game- no effect.
I'm very upset because i had the same problem with Royal envoy campaign... but playing monument builder - which I installed just befor the "settlers" - runs correctly.

[Post New]by Intamin on Oct 4, 13 10:01 AM
tuennes wrote:I had no problems playing the free trial. But soon I bought the game I'm no longer able to save playing progress. My player ist remembered but I have to start every time at the beginnig with the tutorial again.
I updated, uninstalled an reinstalled game-manager - with full administrator rights- nothing changes. I uninstalled an reinstalled the game- no effect.
I'm very upset because i had the same problem with Royal envoy campaign... but playing monument builder - which I installed just befor the "settlers" - runs correctly.

Same problem here. And I had the same problem with Royal Envoy Campain. The support team couldn't help and it is very frustating. What is wrong with these games?

[Post New]by Brentnor27 on Oct 4, 13 3:41 PM
trixybelle1 wrote:Iafter downloading full game i keep getting Corrupt file warnings within the game.1st 1 said gmActivator.exe is corruptfollowed by no2 saying B450F9A8 is corrupt.Please help as i like the game.I have checked for updates(none required) and un-installed and re-installed and there is no difference,the warnings keep coming up.Any ideas?

A "gmactivator.exe is from Blizzard's "World of WarCraft". It has nothing to do with a Big Fish Games title. You may want to check your computer for viruses.

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Oct 5, 13 8:39 AM
I saw that there is an update to this game (at least someone on this forum said there was). Is there a chance you will provide us with that?

[Post New]by mommie2196 on Oct 5, 13 6:44 PM
I can't progress beyond the Santa Fe level. What's wrong?

asiyah586
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asiyah586 on Oct 6, 13 12:31 PM
The game keep freezing! I dont understand never had such a problem with a game from BF before.

[Post New]by k5togtbl on Oct 8, 13 7:25 AM
mommie2196 wrote:I can't progress beyond the Santa Fe level. What's wrong?

Have you gotten enough points to move on? At the very bottom of the map screen it shows points, and you have to have enough to unlock new areas. Gold levels give you certain point values, sliver less, etc.

[Post New]by k5togtbl on Oct 8, 13 7:26 AM

When I try to play level "Fort Point" I keep getting a message about the skeleton not working, and it's just a blank screen with the music in the background. I have uninstalled and re-installed and that hasn't helped. Anyone else having this issue?

JajsMother
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by JajsMother on Oct 8, 13 5:00 PM
I'm getting errors at Winnemucca and Humbolt Wells. I'm still on the original version (the developer seemed annoyed by update request, wanted to see if I could beat it).

When the game freezes, a dos screen appears and a notepad comes up, here's what it says:

Tue Oct 08 19:28:01 2013: Settlers of the West, version 1.0.0.8.
Tue Oct 08 19:28:02 2013: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0200
Tue Oct 08 19:37:59 2013: Lua error: 1

[Post New]by leslie2833 on Oct 10, 13 9:26 PM
Thu Oct 10 19:06:44 2013: Settlers of the West, version 1.0.0.8.
Thu Oct 10 19:06:45 2013: Pixel Shader Version: ffff0200
Thu Oct 10 23:19:02 2013: Lua error: scripts/game/worker.lua:1429: assertion failed!

i believe this was from fort vancouver. i dumped the purchased game & reloaded before receiving error.

plz fix!!!!!!

[Post New]by sofball on Oct 12, 13 9:39 AM
I would like a game credit for this game. I have done all things suggested by big fish and also have looked online for solutions and tried those and it still loads as a black screen. This is the error message after I use task master
Lua error: scripts/tools. lua:372:attempt to get length of global 'tables' (a nil value)

[Post New]by lulubelle88888 on Oct 18, 13 1:16 AM
Uninstalled and reinstalled new version (Oct 7) - still can't move beyond Santa Fe - tells me I've completed Santa Fe (and I have an achievement for completing it) and says I can go on to next level - but I can't go to next level (new level not coming up). I'm stuck...been trying for ages...

[Post New]by pattimcpug on Oct 19, 13 11:03 AM
mommie2196 wrote:I can't progress beyond the Santa Fe level. What's wrong?

I'm having the same problem.

Go to: